• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2021 Offseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Not confirmed I guess, but I'm pretty disappointed that Lamar didn't take the vaccine. These high profile, incredibly important players are really playing with fire by not doing so. All the restrictions he'll have as the team leader...

it also means that now having had a positive test he wont be able to get the vaccine straight away either...
so unless he was already vaccinated (but still in the 14 day period afterwards before it starts working) or between doses then he won't be able to get his vaccine if he now wants it for another 2-3 weeks which means he wont be in the unvaccinated protocols until over a month from now if he gets the 1 dose vaccine or potentially 2 months until his 2nd dose has taken effect and he's in the vaccinated protocols - and that would mean not until week 4 of the regular season

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I might be in the minority, but I can’t really be too upset. As much as I want our star QB to take every step he can to be available on the field, I still believe it should be a choice until the vaccine is at least FDA approved. Correct me if I’m wrong, but it still isn’t right? Sorry, I’ve been out of the loop and not up to date on current news.
Its a thin line for me.. being upset as a fan but understanding from a pro-choice perspective.

I totally get your perspective and I purposely try to keep myself out of the conversation/incorrect loop of things going on. I think it's a definite matter of personal choice. However, as a leader, you need to be available and ready to go to war for your guys in any and all matters, no matter the profession. It's totally different for a guy like Gus/etc to make the decision against it, it sucks/etc that they need to miss time from the team and eventually maybe game time if it happens again to someone else... but when it comes to the team leader, you definitely need to do everything in your power to be on the field and leading.

And I don't see this as being overly critical either. I didn't mention Lamar once in what I said. I just made mention of how a leader needs to be ready to battle and needs to be as available as possible. I don't think that's wrong, but if someone thinks it somehow is, then please fill me in.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
it also means that now having had a positive test he wont be able to get the vaccine straight away either...
so unless he was already vaccinated (but still in the 14 day period afterwards before it starts working) or between doses then he won't be able to get his vaccine if he now wants it for another 2-3 weeks which means he wont be in the unvaccinated protocols until over a month from now if he gets the 1 dose vaccine or potentially 2 months until his 2nd dose has taken effect and he's in the vaccinated protocols - and that would mean not until week 4 of the regular season

In regards of taking the vaccine right away.. I scrolled past this tweet replied to the Lamar news. Not sure how accurate it is, given its Twitter though

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
In regards of taking the vaccine right away.. I scrolled past this tweet replied to the Lamar news. Not sure how accurate it is, given its Twitter though

I was never told not to get the vaccine for weeks or months after having Covid. I had Covid, and was told as soon as I was able to be out of quarantine that I could go get the second dose.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sorry ya'll for interjecting my (probably incorrect) opinion on this topic. I promise I'll again try to stay out of it and stay as neutral as possible from this point on. Thanks for listening to me on my soapbox!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I might be in the minority, but I can’t really be too upset. As much as I want our star QB to take every step he can to be available on the field, I still believe it should be a choice until the vaccine is at least FDA approved. Correct me if I’m wrong, but it still isn’t right? Sorry, I’ve been out of the loop and not up to date on current news.
Its a thin line for me.. being upset as a fan but understanding from a pro-choice perspective.

i mean i get it... but the only reasons these vaccines haven't been approved is time - it's likely the FDA officially approves the pfizer vaccine in the next 2-3 months and almost certainly before january

i think people dont understand just how much data is required for the FDA to grant EUAs - they specifically must have tens of thousands of human trials with that data being analysed in the same way as it would be for actual authorisations - for a drug or vaccine etc. to get an EUA it has to basically be FDA approvable later before it's even give that authorisation

i just dont get it the hesitancy about getting the vaccine vs getting covid - even if you survive covid you might not have any antibodies, it might make you severely ill and there's a fair chance you'll have long-lasting consequences and in some cases you'll get long covid which is seemingly a classic example of post-viral fatigue which might last your life-time (even if you're young and healthy)... on the other hand you have a vaccine that's got very few incidences of adverse consequences despite billions of trials at this point and is provably more effective at stymying the virus than getting the virus...

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sorry ya'll for interjecting my (probably incorrect) opinion on this topic. I promise I'll again try to stay out of it and stay as neutral as possible from this point on. Thanks for listening to me on my soapbox!

you good man. It’s a sensitive subject for sure. Peoples gonna have different perspective. I don’t judge nor hate, my bias for Lamar just forces me be sympathetic haha

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I was never told not to get the vaccine for weeks or months after having Covid. I had Covid, and was told as soon as I was able to be out of quarantine that I could go get the second dose.

i think they've been saying in the UK that you should wait 28 days after your infection (which would basically be roughly 2 weeks after your isolation period ends)

they say the same after your 1st dose - basically don't get the 2nd dose until a month after your initial symptoms/infection

but obviously different countries different suggestions

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
i think they've been saying in the UK that you should wait 28 days after your infection (which would basically be roughly 2 weeks after your isolation period ends)

they say the same after your 1st dose - basically don't get the 2nd dose until a month after your initial symptoms/infection

but obviously different countries different suggestions

Hey Rossi, you're right about different countries (and I'd say different medical experts, even) having different regulations/recommendations/etc. Here are a few articles that have medical experts quoted as saying you can get the vaccine right after having recovered from Covid (10-14 days after onset of symptoms):

April 2021: https://health.clevelandclinic.org/when-should-you-get-vaccinated-if-youve-had-covid-19/

Sometime either on May 5 or after May 5, 2021: https://healthmatters.nyp.org/when-to-get-the-vaccine-after-having-covid-19/

April 24 2021: https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucel...covid-19-can-you-get-the-coronavirus-vaccine/

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
i mean i get it... but the only reasons these vaccines haven't been approved is time - it's likely the FDA officially approves the pfizer vaccine in the next 2-3 months and almost certainly before january

i think people dont understand just how much data is required for the FDA to grant EUAs - they specifically must have tens of thousands of human trials with that data being analysed in the same way as it would be for actual authorisations - for a drug or vaccine etc. to get an EUA it has to basically be FDA approvable later before it's even give that authorisation

i just dont get it the hesitancy about getting the vaccine vs getting covid - even if you survive covid you might not have any antibodies, it might make you severely ill and there's a fair chance you'll have long-lasting consequences and in some cases you'll get long covid which is seemingly a classic example of post-viral fatigue which might last your life-time (even if you're young and healthy)... on the other hand you have a vaccine that's got very few incidences of adverse consequences despite billions of trials at this point and is provably more effective at stymying the virus than getting the virus...

I still have a ringing noise in my left ear from Covid, and I strained a couple muscles in my back and stomach from having Covid Pneumonia to the point where it was uncomfortable to stand/sit/lay down/etc

I get the pro choice argument, but for me this is where you are making the decision on what is best for society / team rather than the individual. Most of the hesitancy appears to be misinformation spread by anti vaxxers. Interesting to note that the WNBA claim to be at 99% vaccinated, so it is possible.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
I still have a ringing noise in my left ear from Covid, and I strained a couple muscles in my back and stomach from having Covid Pneumonia to the point where it was uncomfortable to stand/sit/lay down/etc

my throat / lungs still haven’t recovered fully from when I had it back in early January. There was a 4-5 day stretch where I was constantly coughing, I’m sure that caused some type of damage.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean, for me, the "it's not FDA approved" concept is a bit of a farce. Like I personally think most of the people who think that way are just lying to themselves about the reason they won't get it. I have several "side bets" if you will with some close, conservative friends, that when the time comes for FDA approval, we will NOT see a major spike in vaccinations in this Country, which is an indication that people aren't really worried about that.

At this point, it seems all but a formality that the FDA will approve these vaccines, and quite frankly, this is pretty much one of the bigger clinical trials and data sets in US drug approval history. It's not like we're actively waiting on "more trials" or "the sample size isn't big enough".

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm so pissed at my child Lamar! Arrogant little prick. Never listens to his dad who is fully vaccinated. This has to be his mother's fault. She lets him run free with no leash. Unbelievable that he got COVID twice. Maybe I should just disown him, but I can't. Father's love is unbound and limitless.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
my throat / lungs still haven’t recovered fully from when I had it back in early January. There was a 4-5 day stretch where I was constantly coughing, I’m sure that caused some type of damage.

Oh yeah, well I'm glad you're at least recovered mostly from it though!

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm so pissed at my child Lamar! Arrogant little prick. Never listens to his dad who is fully vaccinated. This has to be his mother's fault. She lets him run free with no leash. Unbelievable that he got COVID twice. Maybe I should just disown him, but I can't. Father's love is unbound and limitless.

You Sir win the gold medal award for this comment LOL

rossihunter2

Staff Member

have you got a ringing as well?
i've had tinnitus/noticed tinnitus in my right ear since i had covid

not seen a ton of stuff about it - have had to have music playing to help me get to sleep for the last 7 months

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I mean, for me, the "it's not FDA approved" concept is a bit of a farce. Like I personally think most of the people who think that way are just lying to themselves about the reason they won't get it. I have several "side bets" if you will with some close, conservative friends, that when the time comes for FDA approval, we will NOT see a major spike in vaccinations in this Country, which is an indication that people aren't really worried about that.

At this point, it seems all but a formality that the FDA will approve these vaccines, and quite frankly, this is pretty much one of the bigger clinical trials and data sets in US drug approval history. It's not like we're actively waiting on "more trials" or "the sample size isn't big enough".

it definitely feels like an excuse for people who don't want to admit what their real reasons are for not getting the vaccine (whatever those reasons may be)

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
have you got a ringing as well?
i've had tinnitus/noticed tinnitus in my right ear since i had covid

not seen a ton of stuff about it - have had to have music playing to help me get to sleep for the last 7 months

Yes, that's exactly what it is, except for it's my left ear. I'm kinda getting used to it now but damn if it didn't suck for a while. The Texas Roadhouse CEO committed suicide because of how bad it was for him. You find a whole lot about symptoms from people on Reddit who have reported things/had conversations with other people with their symptoms on there

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yes, that's exactly what it is, except for it's my left ear. I'm kinda getting used to it now but damn if it didn't suck for a while. The Texas Roadhouse CEO committed suicide because of how bad it was for him. You find a whole lot about symptoms from people on Reddit who have reported things/had conversations with other people with their symptoms on there

id seen stuff about it making pre-existing tinnitus worse but not about causing it... but it's possible that it was too early when i got it for there to be any studies or anything about it