• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2021 Offseason Thread

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
id seen stuff about it making pre-existing tinnitus worse but not about causing it... but it's possible that it was too early when i got it for there to be any studies or anything about it

Here's an interesting article- halfway in, it features a British study about Covid linked tinnitus symptoms

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Not confirmed I guess, but I'm pretty disappointed that Lamar didn't take the vaccine. These high profile, incredibly important players are really playing with fire by not doing so. All the restrictions he'll have as the team leader...
For me i dnt really care if he takes it or not. If dnt wanna, he shouldnt have to.. if he wants to, gone ahead and get it.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Thank you.

No matter what a person believes about the virus and vaccines/etc, your team leader CANNOT be held back and be restricted for his own decisions. Otherwise, he is restricting himself from being as great of a leader as he can be.
His own decisions is what makes him a leader and also a man..

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I might be in the minority, but I can’t really be too upset. As much as I want our star QB to take every step he can to be available on the field, I still believe it should be a choice until the vaccine is at least FDA approved. Correct me if I’m wrong, but it still isn’t right? Sorry, I’ve been out of the loop and not up to date on current news.
Its a thin line for me.. being upset as a fan but understanding from a pro-choice perspective.
If he didnt play all season because he didnt wanna get the vaccine, i wouldnt even be mad at him.. i might be mad during game day cause we getting our ass whooped by overall id respect his decision

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
i mean i get it... but the only reasons these vaccines haven't been approved is time - it's likely the FDA officially approves the pfizer vaccine in the next 2-3 months and almost certainly before january

i think people dont understand just how much data is required for the FDA to grant EUAs - they specifically must have tens of thousands of human trials with that data being analysed in the same way as it would be for actual authorisations - for a drug or vaccine etc. to get an EUA it has to basically be FDA approvable later before it's even give that authorisation

i just dont get it the hesitancy about getting the vaccine vs getting covid - even if you survive covid you might not have any antibodies, it might make you severely ill and there's a fair chance you'll have long-lasting consequences and in some cases you'll get long covid which is seemingly a classic example of post-viral fatigue which might last your life-time (even if you're young and healthy)... on the other hand you have a vaccine that's got very few incidences of adverse consequences despite billions of trials at this point and is provably more effective at stymying the virus than getting the virus...
Shit i had covid really bad.. i had every symptom from loss of tase to smell to chills, fever and even no appetite for 2 days( im already skinny).. i recovered pretty fast compared to my dad.. this girl i know still havent gotten her full smell back and its been a year.. i might be tripping but ever since i had covid, i can that body is trying to fight off shit like a common cold, sore throat and shit like that.. ill prolly get the vaccine in another year if yall dnt turn into zombies lol, but right im good on it lol

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Shit i had covid really bad.. i had every symptom from loss of tase to smell to chills, fever and even no appetite for 2 days( im already skinny).. i recovered pretty fast compared to my dad.. this girl i know still havent gotten her full smell back and its been a year.. i might be tripping but ever since i had covid, i can that body is trying to fight off shit like a common cold, sore throat and shit like that.. ill prolly get the vaccine in another year if yall dnt turn into zombies lol, but right im good on it lol

I had everything except loss of smell/taste (thank God, it was hard enough to eat with how I felt otherwise)... it lasted two bloody weeks, and one of those weeks I actually had to deal with both that and pneumonia as one of my lungs filled with fluid. I still can't eat certain foods I used to enjoy though, or I start vomiting.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Jesus Christ, Ravens reddit is tearing Lamar to shreds. I’m not a freak about the vaccine either way but god damn. He’s a grown ass man and make his own decisions, but with how much talk of him wanting a SB, he has to do what’s best for him and his teammates

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Jesus Christ, Ravens reddit is tearing Lamar to shreds. I’m not a freak about the vaccine either way but god damn. He’s a grown ass man and make his own decisions, but with how much talk of him wanting a SB, he has to do what’s best for him and his teammates

Crazy stuff bro… they’ll be the same people repping him and saying they are his biggest fan once the season gets rolling

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor

What are they saying ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor

Everyone wants to play the social justice warrior role

Last edited:

JAAM

Hall of Famer
What are they saying ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They’ve lost a lost of respect for him and are calling him an idiot and other sh!t. Reddit is such a cesspool

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Crazy stuff bro… they’ll be the same people repping him and saying they are his biggest fan once the season gets rolling
You can be a fan of someone, like someone as a person, and still think they are doing something stupid. Being a Lamar fan or a Ravens fan in general doesn't mean you have to celebrate a decision that puts him and the team in a worse position.

Also, for the record, he's not being ripped to shreds by the fans on Reddit. People are just saying they're disappointed with his decision. And for fuck sake can we not become white knights for Lamar. We don't need a bunch of complaining about his "haters", or to act offended every time someone doesn't like something Lamar did.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I had everything except loss of smell/taste (thank God, it was hard enough to eat with how I felt otherwise)... it lasted two bloody weeks, and one of those weeks I actually had to deal with both that and pneumonia as one of my lungs filled with fluid. I still can't eat certain foods I used to enjoy though, or I start vomiting.
crazy cause i didnt lose my smell and taste till after i was able to move around.. then once i got that back, i had a cough that literally lasted a mont and half.. so even though i was somewhat healed, i still had lingering symptoms.. i was just happy i had energy again lol i didnt really gaf about everything else

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
crazy cause i didnt lose my smell and taste till after i was able to move around.. then once i got that back, i had a cough that literally lasted a mont and half.. so even though i was somewhat healed, i still had lingering symptoms.. i was just happy i had energy again lol i didnt really gaf about everything else

Same. I compared it to a bad flu on steroids for me. Of course I probably would’ve had a little better experience, if you can even say that, if I hadn’t gotten the pneumonia part of it. That part literally made me think for a day or so that I may end up hospitalized and maybe not even make it.

Simba

Staff Member
Hey everyone. Obviously had to check in with today's news

I certainly respect anyone's right to get the vaccine or not. That's a choice that they make. It's just a shame that those decision are being made because this vaccine has been politicized and there's so much misinformation being spread. Hopefully the news around the league today (beyond just Lamar) gives the unvaccinated the final push. Again, it's a choice they make but I hope they realize that it's not as bad or dangerous as many are making it out to be.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I mean, for me, the "it's not FDA approved" concept is a bit of a farce. Like I personally think most of the people who think that way are just lying to themselves about the reason they won't get it. I have several "side bets" if you will with some close, conservative friends, that when the time comes for FDA approval, we will NOT see a major spike in vaccinations in this Country, which is an indication that people aren't really worried about that.

At this point, it seems all but a formality that the FDA will approve these vaccines, and quite frankly, this is pretty much one of the bigger clinical trials and data sets in US drug approval history. It's not like we're actively waiting on "more trials" or "the sample size isn't big enough".
The irony of it is the very people who tout the (full FDA Approval excuse) to not take the vaccine, have absolutely no problem taking emergency authorized FDA medications for treatment after they get infected. It is mind boggling to me.

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
This guy looks like a mofo’ing tank! I’m excited for Year 2 JMad

CCFA9DCC-8228-4C3B-9EC5-622461E10BFC.jpeg

JAAM

Hall of Famer
You can be a fan of someone, like someone as a person, and still think they are doing something stupid. Being a Lamar fan or a Ravens fan in general doesn't mean you have to celebrate a decision that puts him and the team in a worse position.

Also, for the record, he's not being ripped to shreds by the fans on Reddit. People are just saying they're disappointed with his decision. And for fuck sake can we not become white knights for Lamar. We don't need a bunch of complaining about his "haters", or to act offended every time someone doesn't like something Lamar did.
I guess we have different meanings for being torn to shreds. All I see are vaccine freaks losing their sh!t

Last edited: