• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2021 Offseason Thread

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
They’ve lost a lost of respect for him and are calling him an idiot and other sh!t. Reddit is such a cesspool

Lol people can be so damn dramatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
If you follow the science, why should Lamar get the shot when he had Covid 8 months ago or so ,particularly if you can still get Covid if you are fully vaccinated?
According to the science, you are just as protected(maybe more) with Covid antibodies if you had Covid as opposed to taking the vaccine.
It seems that the people with the worst reaction to the vaccine are those who had Covid already.

By the way, i am fully vaccinated so I am a believer in the vaccine

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I still have a ringing noise in my left ear from Covid, and I strained a couple muscles in my back and stomach from having Covid Pneumonia to the point where it was uncomfortable to stand/sit/lay down/etc
damn, so you have what has been called long covid.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Shit i had covid really bad.. i had every symptom from loss of tase to smell to chills, fever and even no appetite for 2 days( im already skinny).. i recovered pretty fast compared to my dad.. this girl i know still havent gotten her full smell back and its been a year.. i might be tripping but ever since i had covid, i can that body is trying to fight off shit like a common cold, sore throat and shit like that.. ill prolly get the vaccine in another year if yall dnt turn into zombies lol, but right im good on it lol
a couple weeks ago we took a friend of ours to dinner that had covid. She had it very bad and was on a vent for 8 weeks. We were surprised she lived. She ended up with nerve damage in her right hand (she's left handed) is still learning how to walk and has been in a rehab since October 2020. She's 56 years old. She went in the same time as her mom did, but she didn't make it.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
damn, so you have what has been called long covid.

Yes Sir. And the worst part of it all is I got it from my older Sister at a dinner at my house. My parents, her and her two little ones were the only people around. So it’s not like I was out clubbing lol

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
For me i dnt really care if he takes it or not. If dnt wanna, he shouldnt have to.. if he wants to, gone ahead and get it.
And he doesn't have to. His life also can, and should be, more difficult for choosing not to.

I haven't read all of the NFL's COVID guidance, but I think not paying unvaccinated players who test positive and miss games seems pretty reasonable and fair to me.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
If you follow the science, why should Lamar get the shot when he had Covid 8 months ago or so ,particularly if you can still get Covid if you are fully vaccinated?
According to the science, you are just as protected(maybe more) with Covid antibodies if you had Covid as opposed to taking the vaccine.
It seems that the people with the worst reaction to the vaccine are those who had Covid already.

I haven't reviewed all the guidance recently, but my understanding from the Spring, when vaccines became largely available, was that the recommendation was for a single dose for those who have had COVID in the past. I never saw anybody suggest they didn't need the vaccinate at all.

I remember this being a hot topic when vaccines were becoming available but still somewhat scarce. The argument was that people who had COVID before should only be given one dose, and not two, in order to ration the doses for those who hadn't been exposed. I'm not certain that clinical trials proved that out.

Regardless, I would be totally shocked if I found out that Lamar didn't get a shot on doctor's advice, due to having tested positive before. The only way I see that happening is if he had some other medical condition which largely prohibits the vaccine.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
a couple weeks ago we took a friend of ours to dinner that had covid. She had it very bad and was on a vent for 8 weeks. We were surprised she lived. She ended up with nerve damage in her right hand (she's left handed) is still learning how to walk and has been in a rehab since October 2020. She's 56 years old. She went in the same time as her mom did, but she didn't make it.
The biggest wildcard that will likely come from all of this may be generations away, i.e. the long term impact of both. The long term impact of COVID and additionally the long term impact of the vaccine. Nobody can predict either. Our measuring stick, probably ignorantly, has become whether somebody lives or dies in the short term. That's certainly important, but we may find out 30 years from now that COVID significantly shortened lifespans of people. It's just a total unknown.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Here's to hoping that the #92 will be remembered for Madubuike in 10 yrs time and not Haloti Ngata! This guy looks like he could eat people.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Here's to hoping that the #92 will be remembered for Madubuike in 10 yrs time and not Haloti Ngata! This guy looks like he could eat people.
I’m really excited for him vs Ben Cleveland during training camp as Ben’s biggest concern is against quick guys like mad. Will be a good test and practice for both

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Yes Sir. And the worst part of it all is I got it from my older Sister at a dinner at my house. My parents, her and her two little ones were the only people around. So it’s not like I was out clubbing lol
I got it from my dad lol and ofcourse he got it from a girl

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
The biggest wildcard that will likely come from all of this may be generations away, i.e. the long term impact of both. The long term impact of COVID and additionally the long term impact of the vaccine. Nobody can predict either. Our measuring stick, probably ignorantly, has become whether somebody lives or dies in the short term. That's certainly important, but we may find out 30 years from now that COVID significantly shortened lifespans of people. It's just a total unknown.
Well said. Who knows how Lamar will be 20 years from now due to two infections or anyone else for that matter

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Dammit man thats sad to hear..

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You can be a fan of someone, like someone as a person, and still think they are doing something stupid. Being a Lamar fan or a Ravens fan in general doesn't mean you have to celebrate a decision that puts him and the team in a worse position.

Also, for the record, he's not being ripped to shreds by the fans on Reddit. People are just saying they're disappointed with his decision. And for fuck sake can we not become white knights for Lamar. We don't need a bunch of complaining about his "haters", or to act offended every time someone doesn't like something Lamar did.

exactly - i love lamar but im also disappointed about this

rossihunter2

Staff Member

this is incorrect - the science says that there's no definitive proof that getting covid creates long-term antibodies especially when you get beyond 6 months

and while you can still get covid when you are fully vaccinated, you are much better at fighting covid with the vaccine than without (95% of hospitalisations and deaths are from the unvaccinated despite the fact that in many places with ok vaccine rates that's mostly the younger population i.e. supposedly the population more likely to fare better against the virus than the elderly)

the pfizer and moderna vaccine has 95% efficacy and most of the others are above 90% - the mistake has been the creation of this false narrative that they magically stop you getting covid - they dont - but they stop covid from hospitalising you, killing you and putting you on oxygen... they also stop you from shedding as much which stops you from transmitting to others

as we've seen in lamar's case despite having covid 8 months ago he didn't have enough covid antibodies to prevent him getting reinfected with a different variant (something the vaccines - especially pfizer and moderna - are better equipped to deal with because they target the specific spike proteins that allow you to catch the virus in the first place)

it's mostly a case of mass vaccine misinformation led and encouraged by the mongers of conspiracy theories (who notably and hypocritically have mostly got the vaccines themselves)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Regardless, I would be totally shocked if I found out that Lamar didn't get a shot on doctor's advice, due to having tested positive before. The only way I see that happening is if he had some other medical condition which largely prohibits the vaccine.

and if it is the case that lamar has a medical exemption then that changes everything - but it's unlikely he fits those medical exemptions given his profession (and the nature of many of the qualifying conditions) unless he's got severe allergy related issues