• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2021 Offseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I had to miss the game last night. Obviously saw the Dobbins news and that’s no good. Anything else particularly standout good or bad? Box score shows obvious domination.

1s on offence were only in that 1st drive - were driving, lamar looked good (and wasnt using his legs at all), beautiful ball to andrews and the running game was working albeit washington wasn't playing any starters

but... end of that first drive there was a poor 3 play stretch - sack on lamar (albeit maybe a coverage sack but stanley's guy got the sack), screen to jk where he gets injured and another sack where zeitler loses leverage

so a really promising situation soured in a 3 play stretch and then we never saw the starters again on offence which im not sure was the original plan to wholesale ring the changes after 1 drive

defensive starters dominated the non-1st team washington offence and then the backups dominated just as much

Simba

Staff Member
1s on offence were only in that 1st drive - were driving, lamar looked good (and wasnt using his legs at all), beautiful ball to andrews and the running game was working albeit washington wasn't playing any starters

but... end of that first drive there was a poor 3 play stretch - sack on lamar (albeit maybe a coverage sack but stanley's guy got the sack), screen to jk where he gets injured and another sack where zeitler loses leverage

so a really promising situation soured in a 3 play stretch and then we never saw the starters again on offence which im not sure was the original plan to wholesale ring the changes after 1 drive

defensive starters dominated the non-1st team washington offence and then the backups dominated just as much

How did the play time work in the secondary? Assuming Westry and Warrior got early run. Was Washington still a late entry?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Josh Allen and the Bills look great. I think it’s pretty clear they have surpassed us in the AFC. If I’m ranking the Top 5 in the AFC:
1. Chiefs
2. Bills
3. Ravens
4. Titans
5. Browns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rossihunter2

Staff Member
How did the play time work in the secondary? Assuming Westry and Warrior got early run. Was Washington still a late entry?

washington was in earlier than in previous games but not ahead of westry and warrior (had some slot snaps i think with them on the field also)

warrior had some nice moments triggering on defence

notably warrior and tyson williams were on the opening kickoff coverage which i hadnt noticed before in previous games

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Josh Allen and the Bills look great. I think it’s pretty clear they have surpassed us in the AFC. If I’m ranking the Top 5 in the AFC:
1. Chiefs
2. Bills
3. Ravens
4. Titans
5. Browns

I like it.. browns can really go in anyspot tbh, including 1.

Simba

Staff Member
washington was in earlier than in previous games but not ahead of westry and warrior (had some slot snaps i think with them on the field also)

warrior had some nice moments triggering on defence

notably warrior and tyson williams were on the opening kickoff coverage which i hadnt noticed before in previous games

I did see a tweet about the ST angle... opined that they're likely evaluating where some of those bubble guys are viable on ST. But obviously Williams is now pretty safe but he was probably fighting for a spot pre Dobbins injury.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I did see a tweet about the ST angle... opined that they're likely evaluating where some of those bubble guys are viable on ST. But obviously Williams is now pretty safe but he was probably fighting for a spot pre Dobbins injury.

notably they put williams on ice after the dobbins injury and we saw mcrary take most of the carries after that and occasionally spelled by a couple of ben mason carries (and even 1 from ricard at one point)

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
1. Chiefs
2. Bills
3. Ravens
4. Titans
5. Browns

Looks good to me. Browns have potential (lol) to surpass us.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
I like it.. browns can really go in anyspot tbh, including 1.

I think the Browns are going to be a good team for sure. The whole “ browns is the browns” argument doesn’t hold much weight for me.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Looks good to me. Browns have potential (lol) to surpass us.

Yea I agree but only if Mayfield steps up. He is a good QB but just average in my mind

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
1. Chiefs
2. Bills
3. Ravens
4. Titans
5. Browns

I believe this is exactly how they'll stack up after the regular season even without Dobbins:
1. Ravens
2. Chiefs
3. Titans
4. Bills
5. Steelers

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
What do you think we'll do if Dobbins is out for 2021? I mean we're still a run oriented offense regardless of all WR acquisitons. Are there any decent RBs on the market?

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Lamar is super talented but the pieces around him are subpar or injured, so i don’t see us out scoring teams like the Bills or Chiefs.

Additionally, I’ve been saying it since day one , but rolling with Bowser and relying on Oweh/Houston/Mcpheee rotation is a mistake. We’re not getting to the Qb much this year with that group.

Just don’t see us taking down the Bills or Chiefs.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What do you think we'll do if Dobbins is out for 2021? I mean we're still a run oriented offense regardless of all WR acquisitons. Are there any decent RBs on the market?
not worth it. this rushing offense will continue to churn without dobbins, so will the passing game. this offense doesnt need an elite rb to be effective its just nice to have his explosive play threat. and what rbs are really out there anyway? Gus is RB1 capable on this offense and frankly hes shown us that we absolutely should trust him as our lead back, and let ty'son williams show what hes got.

honestly, if we need to get back that explosive element, let lamar get it back, put the ball in his hands a bit more if you think our run game becomes less valuable without dobbins.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
not worth it. this rushing offense will continue to churn without dobbins, so will the passing game. this offense doesnt need an elite rb to be effective its just nice to have his explosive play threat. and what rbs are really out there anyway? Gus is RB1 capable on this offense and frankly hes shown us that we absolutely should trust him as our lead back, and let ty'son williams show what hes got.

honestly, if we need to get back that explosive element, let lamar get it back, put the ball in his hands a bit more if you think our run game becomes less valuable without dobbins.

Gus is phenomenal but he still lacks the necessary speed to be RB1. I’m comfortable rolling with Gus but the big play potential is certainly lessened without JK