• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2021 Offseason Thread

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I wouldn't classify this as a freak injury. I would classify it as something that occurs during the normal course of a football season.
The issue, of course, is that it didn't actually occur during a football season.

Of course people have an issue with the end result. The end result had a ton of risk, and the other end result had literally no reward. I've never once heard anybody say "man, Dobbins is having a great year. Must have been those 4 carries he got against Washington's backups in August that really put him over the top".

If I need to, I can dust off the gameday threads from when Dobbins is getting carries in a 40-7 blowout in the 4th quarter, and a lot of users on here are losing their minds for him being in the game. Seems odd to be outraged by that, but being OK with getting 4 carries in August against backups, considering both sides have equal risk/reward outcomes.

I was gonna type something up as a response, but there is literally no point in ever arguing with a brick wall

rossihunter2

Staff Member
if we are gonna trade for a RB, ironically the texans might be somewhere to look - they've got 4 vets, a young guy who did well in preseason and another guy who's a special teamer

they'll most likely be looking to get rid of one of those guys and while mark ingram wont interest us, the other 3 vets might: david johnson, phillip lindsay and rex burkhead

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
That Williams kid runs very well. Might as well give him a shot and maybe call Gurley.

Who's still out there?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
extract from peter king's column this morning:

Houston’s agent, Joel Segal, called DeCosta a couple of times after Houston’s time in Indianapolis ended last winter. DeCosta told Segal the Ravens just didn’t have the cap money to go after Houston. Make an offer, Segal said. I don’t want to insult a guy who will be a Hall of Fame candidate one day, DeCosta said. Meanwhile, cornerback Marcus Peters, one of Houston’s good friends, texted DeCosta in all-caps one day: JUSTIN HOUSTON. Finally, DeCosta told Segal he’d make an offer. One year, $2 million. DeCosta felt almost embarrassed, and for a player coming off a two-year, $18-million deal in Indy, the offer was a major comedown. Houston settled for a year and $2.075 million. He just wanted to play for the Ravens.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
if we are gonna trade for a RB, ironically the texans might be somewhere to look - they've got 4 vets, a young guy who did well in preseason and another guy who's a special teamer

they'll most likely be looking to get rid of one of those guys and while mark ingram wont interest us, the other 3 vets might: david johnson, phillip lindsay and rex burkhead
David Johnson was one of the first names that popped into my head, especially given he would likely contribute more as a pass catcher and perimeter runner.

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
extract from peter king's column this morning:

Houston’s agent, Joel Segal, called DeCosta a couple of times after Houston’s time in Indianapolis ended last winter. DeCosta told Segal the Ravens just didn’t have the cap money to go after Houston. Make an offer, Segal said. I don’t want to insult a guy who will be a Hall of Fame candidate one day, DeCosta said. Meanwhile, cornerback Marcus Peters, one of Houston’s good friends, texted DeCosta in all-caps one day: JUSTIN HOUSTON. Finally, DeCosta told Segal he’d make an offer. One year, $2 million. DeCosta felt almost embarrassed, and for a player coming off a two-year, $18-million deal in Indy, the offer was a major comedown. Houston settled for a year and $2.075 million. He just wanted to play for the Ravens.

This is really awesome. Love the behind the scenes from King

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simba

Staff Member
The Bucs are also very full at RB. No doubt we’ll be using the phones and scouring the waiver wire for upgrades. I’m not sure one is necessary right know but we should definitely be keeping the options open.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The Bucs are also very full at RB. No doubt we’ll be using the phones and scouring the waiver wire for upgrades. I’m not sure one is necessary right know but we should definitely be keeping the options open.

yeah idk that we'll necessarily go and get one but there's definitely options - and options that will likely be available still before the trade deadline too if we roll with what we've got and think we need something else

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I just think we should just stop playing the Washington team. Way 2 many injuries have happened the last 9 years. Stop these games and we will be much better off. RG3 for the Skins and JK Dobbins for the us.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Didn't we originally go after him too when he was an UDFA? Obviously he ended up going to the Broncos, but I feel like that's worth mentioning since we clearly already like him as a player.
yes we did and it would be a worthwhile late round pick. Totally worth it. @Truth had sent me a text saying we should do this yesterday.

Of course knowing the Ravens like their depth at RB, I'm not holding my breath.