• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2021 Offseason Thread

Simba

Staff Member
the number of legit 2nd contracts out of that class is going to be ridiculous lol

Walked out of that draft with 8 capable at a minimum starters (Hurst and Seiler no longer here), and then you add Edwards and Ricard as UDFAs. Lasley and Scott the only guys who have done absolutely nothing. Young and Senat depth pieces at least. Pretty incredible in all honesty.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Next year is going to suck for our FAs, so I hope we get started on a few now

Lamar Jackson
Mark Andrews
Bradley Bozeman
Pat Ricard
Gus Edwards
DeShon Elliott
Anthony Averett

Plus Jimmy Smith, Calais Campbell, and Brandon Williams, although they all could be looking at retirement.

Not all big money guys by any means, but not these cheap 1-year deal types either.
Deshon probably wont be here

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Next year is going to suck for our FAs, so I hope we get started on a few now

Lamar Jackson
Mark Andrews
Bradley Bozeman
Pat Ricard
Gus Edwards
DeShon Elliott
Anthony Averett

Plus Jimmy Smith, Calais Campbell, and Brandon Williams, although they all could be looking at retirement.

Not all big money guys by any means, but not these cheap 1-year deal types either.
Lamar gets extended or his fifth year option. Both will be expensive so either way it’s a sunk cost. He’ll never be a free agent though.

As for Edwards, Andrews, Bozeman, Averett, Ricard and Elliott I suspect Edwards, Averett and Elliott walk. I assume Bozeman and Andrews both get extended. Terrific class though, wow. Round for round may be one of our best ever. I see you’re missing Brown Jr, did you already write him off or just oversight? I assume the former.

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
yes, but what kind of surgery was Stanley's 2nd surgery? If we know he's not going to be ready, I'd definitely agree, but if he is going to be available for training camp, than I still consider a trade for the right price.
No idea, not sure anyone revealed that but the timeline sounds like they did additional work there and that it wasn’t a simple clean up but you never know until that gets released. Either way, the Ravens are the only ones who know enough here to make a good judgment call. It would take a serious haul for me to let him go because at this point it sounds like Stanley will be ready but I don’t know to what extent.

Simba

Staff Member
Lamar gets extended or his fifth year option. Both will be expensive so either way it’s a sunk cost. He’ll never be a free agent though.

As for Edwards, Andrews, Bozeman, Averett, Ricard and Elliott I suspect Edwards, Averett and Elliott walk. I assume Bozeman and Andrews both get extended. Terrific class though, wow. Round for round may be one of our best ever. I see you’re missing Brown Jr, did you already write him off or just oversight? I assume the former.

Just figured one way or another, he’s not on the roster next year. Everyone else at least has a chance.

Sandtown

Pro Bowler
So Keith is exclusively responsible for route running? No play design responsibilities or college scheme analysis (similar to what the Chiefs do)?

I know Rossihunter2 already responded to this but I like to think that James Urban would be the guy that would be helping Greg Roman with play designs. The Ravens also hired a guy by the name of Noah Riley as a Coaching Research intern whom wrote a book on breaking down the 2018 Oklahoma Offense. It's possible he could have responsiblities for college scheme analysis and more. I thought Keith Williams would be the guy responsible for such things but his role so far is quite interesting. I hope it works out because his role seems quite unique.

Charm City

Pro Bowler
I know Rossihunter2 already responded to this but I like to think that James Urban would be the guy that would be helping Greg Roman with play designs. The Ravens also hired a guy by the name of Noah Riley as a Coaching Research intern whom wrote a book on breaking down the 2018 Oklahoma Offense. It's possible he could have responsiblities for college scheme analysis and more. I thought Keith Williams would be the guy responsible for such things but his role so far is quite interesting. I hope it works out because his role seems quite unique.
I thought maybe this Noah Riley dude was related to Lincoln Riley but apparently he's the nephew of Mike Riley, who coached oregon state. Mike Riley also coached Nebraska from 2015-2017, which is when Keith Williams was on their staff. Because of their connection Noah could actually be working with Keith as his assistant or something

rossihunter2

Staff Member
but it's funny watching browns fans be disappointed at who they're rumoured to be interested in - they're so used to being trash and having high draft picks and tons of cap space that they're not used to the idea that they can't just be in on every single top tier free agent at every position

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
but it's funny watching browns fans be disappointed at who they're rumoured to be interested in - they're so used to being trash and having high draft picks and tons of cap space that they're not used to the idea that they can't just be in on every single top tier free agent at every position
This league is gonna humble that fan base quick lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
This league is gonna humble that fan base quick lol

tbf to them they'll have to change - used to get tons of cool draft analysis from browns fans on twitter because that was the main event on most of their calendars - the one thing they had a chance to win every year...

now they've got to get used to enjoying those events in a different way lol - bargain hunting

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Boy I'd love to see us finish free agency with Marvin Jones, and Bowser. Thats it. Give me those 2 and I'm feeling GOOD.