• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The 2021 Offseason Thread

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That’s about where I’d expect his nfl weight to be early on, I could see him playing between 205-210 from year 2 and beyond, but rookies tend to play lighter than they do come year 2-3

it's also because a lot of them trim weight slightly to get into their sprinter athlete shapes - rashod said he was testing at 190 but normally played at 200/210ish

i think post-pro-day by draft day he was 199 which would suggest to me that 200 is more like his starting weight than the 190 he weighed in at

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Probably because they build muscle in an NFL weight room...

.... that part of it wasn’t supposed to post by the way LOL
9159520F-64E0-48FF-9EBE-00854FD3A6F2.jpeg

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Bateman is now up to 201, according to a pic on his Twitter accoun

Wonder if that’s the influence from Martin/Williams already showing

possible - we've already seen bateman correct that false step in his release

but we dont know if this is stuff they both did before coming into the building or if it's stuff they're working on in practice already
i will say that hollywood looks less stocky than last year - idk if he's dropped weight or whether he's carrying it better - or maybe it's just the number change but he looks a little leaner (not necessarily a bad thing)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
there was no media at OTAs today but there will be tomorrow so it's possible we get a couple of wider angles on some of the training stuff tomorrow rather than today where we just got the normal chopped up highlight reel - jonas shaffer normally posts a couple of clips on his twitter

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
possible - we've already seen bateman correct that false step in his release

but we dont know if this is stuff they both did before coming into the building or if it's stuff they're working on in practice already
i will say that hollywood looks less stocky than last year - idk if he's dropped weight or whether he's carrying it better - or maybe it's just the number change but he looks a little leaner (not necessarily a bad thing)
Yeah I actually paid attention to the feet as much as I could looking for that false step and did not see it anywhere in the rookie camp vids

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Harbaugh today confirming what we pretty much all already knew... Bozeman is switching to Center for 2021, and appears to have essentially been given the starting job.

Not surprising that's he's transitioning at all. Perhaps a little surprising (or maybe to me), that he's seemingly been handed the job and there doesn't appear to be much competition for it.

I would have been genuinely pleased if a guy like TCC would have a great preseason and somehow taken that job, so that Bozeman can remain on the left side. Then I think our Oline could really take off.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Harbaugh today confirming what we pretty much all already knew... Bozeman is switching to Center for 2021, and appears to have essentially been given the starting job.

Not surprising that's he's transitioning at all. Perhaps a little surprising (or maybe to me), that he's seemingly been handed the job and there doesn't appear to be much competition for it.

I would have been genuinely pleased if a guy like TCC would have a great preseason and somehow taken that job, so that Bozeman can remain on the left side. Then I think our Oline could really take off.

by the way hortiz was talking the other day, it sounds to me like they really would like ben cleveland to take that starting LG role

the upside of the OL this year is way higher with Bozeman at C

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
So Hollywood doesn’t look like he lost weight, he’s definitely carrying better. His upper core looks significantly more solid than the last 2 years, neck and shoulders are broad, arms look bigger, he just looks like a short guy instead of being built like a little fucking mosquito

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

The biggest surprise to me tbh is that it’s taken this long to move him back to his college position.

do you think Bozeman would be a better bet than Cleveland in 21? Like I get that rookies don’t always pan out, but at some point projections have to be made, and Cleveland is a guy I think projects to be an upgrade.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor

Hey, anyone who can snap a ball successfully to Lamar is our starting C... if he can block half ass decent, more the better.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
The biggest surprise to me tbh is that it’s taken this long to move him back to his college position.

do you think Bozeman would be a better bet than Cleveland in 21? Like I get that rookies don’t always pan out, but at some point projections have to be made, and Cleveland is a guy I think projects to be an upgrade.

This was the plan all along. Why we didn’t take a C at any point

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
This was the plan all along. Why we didn’t take a C at any point
I mean like why did he have to develop at LG for 3 years before moving lol. It’s not like Matt skura was worth half a fuck, C was a disaster for us for years and we moved Bozeman to LG while we rotated UDFAs at C. It wasn’t until 2019 when Matt skura finally appeared competent and then he got injured.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Our offensive line is shaping up to be pretty sexy IMO. Just too bad we couldn’t get MM even though I really like Ale. Either way, we’re in a much better situation than last year, even without Easy Money

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Hey, anyone who can snap a ball successfully to Lamar is our starting C... if he can block half ass decent, more the better.

Shit was so frustrating to watch last year between Skura and Mekari. Bozeman is a natural C so hoping that means barely any bad snaps this coming season.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Lamar should be in the MVP race again with an improved line and better arsenal at the WR position, and this makes me moist.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

i think the easier way to look at it is what's more likely to be the better combination right now:

TCC and Bozeman or
Bozeman and whoever wins the LG job (possibly/likely Cleveland)

to me it's most likely that 2nd combo given that we've already seen that 1st one and the first one doesn't have much of a higher ceiling to get significantly better

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i think the easier way to look at it is what's more likely to be the better combination right now:

TCC and Bozeman or
Bozeman and whoever wins the LG job (possibly/likely Cleveland)

to me it's most likely that 2nd combo given that we've already seen that 1st one and the first one doesn't have much of a higher ceiling to get significantly better
Well I figured this all implied that Bozeman is the best player at C lol