• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and the Dolphins: Week 8 Edition

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I would be irate if Alonso has a history of it. But he doesn't.

If you look earlier in the thread someone (can’t remember who) has posted links to a play where alonso obviously tried - and succeeded - in injuring Brian hoyer and other links to former teammates who’ve questioned his fairness of play

I’d say he probably does have a history but it’s overshadowed by more obviously dirty players either at his position or on his own team

Tank

Hall of Famer
It was flagrant but heat of the play. Flacco doesn't run much so it's not like Alonso gave it much thought. I would be irate if Alonso has a history of it. But he doesn't. Anybody can go full tilt and disregard it's a QB. And deserve the benefit of opinions. But if he makes it a regular thing then you know the kinda player he is. Suh has really established himself as quite dirty!! lol

If you look earlier in the thread someone (can’t remember who) has posted links to a play where alonso obviously tried - and succeeded - in injuring Brian hoyer and other links to former teammates who’ve questioned his fairness of play

I’d say he probably does have a history but it’s overshadowed by more obviously dirty players either at his position or on his own team

2013 Brian Hoyer ACL Tear
http://thebiglead.com/2013/10/03/br...-hit-from-kiko-alonso-appeared-to-twist-knee/

K-Dog

MVP
When asked if he could’ve avoided putting his shoulder into him, Alonso said “no way. That’s the target. when a guy slides his target is very small” um what the hell? He’s admitting to aiming for Flacco’s head while sliding. He essentially said “since he was sliding that’s the only place I could hit him” WELL DONT FUCKING HIT HIM BITCH. Everytime I watch the replay it’s so fucking obvious he dives down to hit Flacco on purpose. He easily could’ve sailed over him and just grazed him.

Or to put it another way, when the QB "gives himself up" there IS NO TARGET.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Good: Ravens win!

The Bad: Ravens win 40-0!

The Ugly: Some Ravens fans "assuming" that the Ravens issues are a non-factor now because of that 40-0 win!

:brickwall: :giggle: :brickwall: :giggle: :brickwall:

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Good: Ravens win!

The Bad: Ravens win 40-0!

The Ugly: Some Ravens fans "assuming" that the Ravens issues are a non-factor now because of that 40-0 win!

:brickwall: :giggle: :brickwall: :giggle: :brickwall:

I noticed the pass rush was still a bit iffy, but I think going into next year our pass rush is going to come from our ability to cover giving the guys at the line more time.

Tim Williams this game was...wait for it....missed lol.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
What’s even fucking worse is Matt Judon got twice the fine for his apparent horse collar - nfl couldn’t have shown less of a care about head injuries if they’d tried
We got screwed and Judons doesn’t even look bad. Hope he appeals.

Rav'n Maniac

Practice Squad
What’s even fucking worse is Matt Judon got twice the fine for his apparent horse collar - nfl couldn’t have shown less of a care about head injuries if they’d tried
Yeah, I didn't see that until this morning. That is total fucking bull shit. How the hell does a slight horse collar outweigh a blatant attempt at a QB decapitation and torn ear, a flagrant choke hold and a shameless attempt to poke someone in the eye. Steve certainly needs to get involved in this one imho. If it was me, I would have been immediately on the phone to 345 Park Ave. flaming someone's ass.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Almost as if they reach into a hat and pull out a fine.
I think I saw a sort of chart that showed what the fine could be depending on the penalty or type of hit. So horse collar is deemed more dangerous than a hit on a defenceless player. In which case 1) it is debatable, and 2) it doesn't take into account the gravity of the play at all. Which is very alarming if what I saw were to be true.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I’ve given up caring about fines/suspensions, they mean nothing. All of it is driven by marketing and $.

Rav'n Maniac

Practice Squad
Per Hensley, Alonso's fine is equal to 14.4% of his game check. Judon's fine is 57.0% of his game check. That's ridiculous and I'd definitely would be appealing it.