• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and the Dolphins: Week 8 Edition

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
I posted the pics. He had time to adjust to avoid his head and slow up his hit. To avoid contact completely? No, I wouldn't say that at all. To avoid slamming his shoulder and elbow directly into his head full speed? Yep, he had time to change that and instead, actually tucks his arm and aims his shoulder prior to the hit, while Joe is already on the ground.
You ever see basball players get struck out with two strikes cause they try to stop their swinging motion but its toooo late so the bat goes half way over the plate? Or when its clearly a ball yet they swing anyway cause their mind already made up that theyre swinging at the 1st pitch... thats the situation that id put kiko in.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
You ever see basball players get struck out with two strikes cause they try to stop their swinging motion but its toooo late so the bat goes half way over the plate? Or when its clearly a ball yet they swing anyway cause their mind already made up that theyre swinging at the 1st pitch... thats the situation that id put kiko in.
There's a pretty big difference between stopping your arms from swinging a weighted object a very short distance at a very high speed and stopping your body.

Try this experiment at home- swing your arms at home with a bat at a high speed. Hard to stop, right? The bat still has momentum and it carries your arms. Now, drop the bat and just swing your arms. They'll stop when you want them to.

Alonso has zero excuses.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Yep, four yards away. If you can’t see it here, your blind.
I see a lot of people saying that Alonso had no chance to avoid it, but he had four yards to swerve or stop trying to run. He could have spun off of him or jumped over him. Alonso had so much distance to make a different move and he just had a dirty hit that was totally flagrant. Nothing about that was unavoidable, including Alonso even touching Flacco at all.

The rule states that a runner is down as soon as they begin their sliding motion and give themselves up. The picture I showed is actually like half a second into the motion, but it's the most clear time that Flacco had fully given himself up and wasn't going to keep trying to run. There are no excuses for Alonso.

I saw a lot of Dolphins fans who were like, "Oh, the Dolphins aren't a dirty team; I'm sure Alonso didn't mean it." The hell you mean they aren't dirty? Suh straight up choked Mallett and Hayes poked Jensen in the eye. Like, who the hell chokes another player?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
It was right your in face that flacco sucks yet you still believed we had a chance with him at qb! People see things differently than others

Who would you want in stead this year then out of the qbs potentially on our roster? Mallet? Hes awful - probably in the bottom 5-6 backups in the league let alone starter. Woodrum? There’s a reason this guy isn’t on any team and it’s because he’s not a good qb and doesn’t have the athleticism or wherewithal to be a successful one.

So who else but flacco even if you don’t think he’s playing well?

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
There's a pretty big difference between stopping your arms from swinging a weighted object a very short distance at a very high speed and stopping your body.

Try this experiment at home- swing your arms at home with a bat at a high speed. Hard to stop, right? The bat still has momentum and it carries your arms. Now, drop the bat and just swing your arms. They'll stop when you want them to.

Alonso has zero excuses.
Im just trying to give him benefit of the doubt lol. It wss dirty but i dnt think it was intentional. I mean he hit him with his should pad

Tank

Hall of Famer
Im just trying to give him benefit of the doubt lol. It wss dirty but i dnt think it was intentional. I mean he hit him with his should pad
Right, cuz you like to give players the benefit of the doubt, like Flacco. <_<

K-Dog

MVP
Flacco slid too late on purpose so he could get hit and get the penalty.

Really.

That is what I heard.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
It was flagrant but heat of the play. Flacco doesn't run much so it's not like Alonso gave it much thought. I would be irate if Alonso has a history of it. But he doesn't. Anybody can go full tilt and disregard it's a QB. And deserve the benefit of opinions. But if he makes it a regular thing then you know the kinda player he is. Suh has really established himself as quite dirty!! lol

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
When asked if he could’ve avoided putting his shoulder into him, Alonso said “no way. That’s the target. when a guy slides his target is very small” um what the hell? He’s admitting to aiming for Flacco’s head while sliding. He essentially said “since he was sliding that’s the only place I could hit him” WELL DONT FUCKING HIT HIM BITCH. Everytime I watch the replay it’s so fucking obvious he dives down to hit Flacco on purpose. He easily could’ve sailed over him and just grazed him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
When asked if he could’ve avoided putting his shoulder into him, Alonso said “no way. That’s the target. when a guy slides his target is very small” um what the hell? He’s admitting to aiming for Flacco’s head while sliding. He essentially said “since he was sliding that’s the only place I could hit him” WELL DONT FUCKING HIT HIM BITCH. Everytime I watch the replay it’s so fucking obvious he dives down to hit Flacco on purpose. He easily could’ve sailed over him and just grazed him.
CJ Mosely said in the presser that players are told to aim for the head when the player or qb goes into the slide because it gives them the opportunity to jump over them

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I live in South Florida so I deal with Phin fans all the time. The Dolphins are trash, it was shitty play and he should have got a 1 game suspension.

As for Suh, what a shocker that he was involved in multiple incidents. What was telling was the fact the league found his excuse valid, since when was putting your hands or arm on someone's neck valid? On top of that towards a QB? Really? What was Ryan going to do to him, lmfao

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
CJ Mosely said in the presser that players are told to aim for the head when the player or qb goes into the slide because it gives them the opportunity to jump over them
This doesn’t mean aim for their head when they are on the ground.

Ravenbran

Practice Squad
Yes...and Alonso did not do that.
But Jenson aimed exactly where he wanted to hit. His ass should have been tossed along with Alonzo and Suh. I think Jensen has sealed the deal as being the next NFL Burfict for the Ravens .Same mentality.

Last edited: