• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and the Dolphins: Week 8 Edition

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
As players have stated, they are supposed to aim for the qbs head so when they go in for the slide they can jump over the, and time and time again this is what happens. He had a chance to avoid the kind of contact that happened with Joe. Maybe not all contact, but to a lesser degree.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
As players have stated, they are supposed to aim for the qbs head so when they go in for the slide they can jump over the, and time and time again this is what happens. He had a chance to avoid the kind of contact that happened with Joe. Maybe not all contact, but to a lesser degree.
Joes late slide prevented him from totally whiffing regardless of what Alonso did, but Alonso not only made no effort to avoid it, but actually lowered his shoulder and lunged with plenty of space and time to pull up, flacco was all the way down while Alonso was still on both feet, his shoulder a good 2 feet above flaccos head, it took an active effort for him to land that hit the way he did.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Joes late slide prevented him from totally whiffing regardless of what Alonso did, but Alonso not only made no effort to avoid it, but actually lowered his shoulder and lunged with plenty of space and time to pull up, flacco was all the way down while Alonso was still on both feet, his shoulder a good 2 feet above flaccos head, it took an active effort for him to land that hit the way he did.
Exactly what I said. He couldn’t have totally missed him, but he had time to adjust. If aLonso doesn’t lower his shoulder, Flacco would have been fine.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Exactly what I said. He couldn’t have totally missed him, but he had time to adjust. If aLonso doesn’t lower his shoulder, Flacco would have been fine.
If Alonso just kept at the angle and speed he was at, he would've grazed him, anyone who says that wasn't intentional or dirty is just straight up happy to see flacco hurt

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
If Alonso just kept at the angle and speed he was at, he would've grazed him, anyone who says that wasn't intentional or dirty is just straight up happy to see flacco hurt
Yep, and he wouldn’t have been called for a penalty if he did that, unless we got lucky of course.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
flacco had his best game of the year. using nfl.com he rated 107. but then again this is the fins at home and last year against em he careered with a 118. mallet was only 3 for 7 and threw a couple winged quail, he's rusty fur sur. still mallet rated a 89 which aint bad and exceeds joejoes career mark of 83. you had to love his TD pass it was spot on. now I certainly know malets 7 passes are not a sufficient sample size. know that certain. but with more playing time he can fill the bill and equal or better flaccos career 83. hes got a big arm and needs game time and hes far cheaper. wanna see him vs the titans, granting its a tough row to hoe.

if flacco starts it would be a safety concern. he's got a bad back, hes got a concussion. he can't play next week. not if player safety really matters.
Both mallet and flacco are trash

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Not true. I dnt think it was intentional. I think kiko got to the point were his momentum just carried him. Its NFL shyt like this happens gotta just deal with it

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Not true. I dnt think it was intentional. I think kiko got to the point were his momentum just carried him. Its NFL shyt like this happens gotta just deal with it
there is evidence that proves 100% otherwise. his momentum didnt lower and lunge his shoulder into his head, if he left his pad level where it was(which means, if he didnt intentionally lunge for his head) he wouldnt have landed such a vicious hit. he maliciously lowered his entire upper body with one intention, to knock joe out of the game and hopefully give them a chance to win.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
still think you're asking a guy once he's committed to contact to modify something too late to be modified. if the nfl suspends Alonso, I won't be surprised but it won't be fair. the nfl has allowed more contact this year. not as many flags on hits to receivers just getting the ball. it was also a chippy game. jensens hit wasn't as incapacitating but he clearly hit far after the play in retaliation. best to let sleepin dogs sleep.,

He was committed to the line he was running and the momentum - he had not actually started his tackle process until after joe started his slide

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Yep, and he wouldn’t have been called for a penalty if he did that, unless we got lucky of course.
i think he wouldve gotten a penalty, hitting a sliding qb is hitting a sliding qb, but a discussion of possible fines and/or suspensions wouldnt even be on the table, and it wouldnt have caused all the backlash that it has.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i think he wouldve gotten a penalty, hitting a sliding qb is hitting a sliding qb, but a discussion of possible fines and/or suspensions wouldnt even be on the table, and it wouldnt have caused all the backlash that it has.
You’re probably right in this matter, unless he showed absolutely every intention to avoid the hit.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Oh shyt my bad. ill go over there no need to stay in here and listen to people claim that some of us are happy that flacco is hurt and that there is scientific evidence that the hit was 100% intentional.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Oh shyt my bad. ill go over there no need to stay in here and listen to people claim that some of us are happy that flacco is hurt and that there is scientific evidence that the hit was 100% intentional.
Not scientific but very clear picture evidence. Sorry you disregard shit that's put right in front of your face

RavensDFan

Veteran
still think you're asking a guy once he's committed to contact to modify something too late to be modified. if the nfl suspends Alonso, I won't be surprised but it won't be fair. the nfl has allowed more contact this year. not as many flags on hits to receivers just getting the ball. it was also a chippy game. jensens hit wasn't as incapacitating but he clearly hit far after the play in retaliation. best to let sleepin dogs sleep.,
I posted the pics. He had time to adjust to avoid his head and slow up his hit. To avoid contact completely? No, I wouldn't say that at all. To avoid slamming his shoulder and elbow directly into his head full speed? Yep, he had time to change that and instead, actually tucks his arm and aims his shoulder prior to the hit, while Joe is already on the ground.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Not scientific but very clear picture evidence. Sorry you disregard shit that's put right in front of your face
It was right your in face that flacco sucks yet you still believed we had a chance with him at qb! People see things differently than others