• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Erhardt Perkins, WCO and Air Cordell Discussion

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm sure everybody knows by now I favor ravens being an offense based team. I don't care how good your defense is. Unless you are the 2000 ravens you are gonna have to win a shootout at some juncture. All this talk of The shootout at legion of booms corral it isn't the seahawks inaugural shootout!! Like the media is implying. Not even close!!

Anyways I wouldn't want a totally useless defense but I would prefer ravens be an offense cultured team. In my opinion it begins with the Oline. Joe is struggling with a somewhat subpar Oline. Andy in cinci is struggling badly even with a plethora of weapons. Now behind good olines Andy doesn't have anywhere close to laser accurate strong arm Joe Flacco has fronted behind that dominant Super Bowl line. But nonetheless Andy is very effective with a good line.

So as fun as Billicks defenses were I would prefer ravens be offensively cultured. I do think Joe can be the right QB. If the Oline is dominant and system and weapons are at least very good. My opinion it begins with the offensive line. The line we could be fronting is Stanley Osemele Jensen Yanda Robinson which is the best in the NFL and a line the Ravens could realistically have. Robinson is the player I wanted to trade down for and draft!!

The system I like is the air coryell offense with shades of the west coast offenses timing and cocktail of run throw mixture to keep opponents guessing. Then of course ravens would need receivers that can win on multiple levels on multiple facets. Allen Robinson would be awesome for the ravens. Paul Richardson is a stud as well. Although not the size of Robinson, An explosive weapon!! If he can play this yr without hitting I.r. He will be one of the best WRs in football over next 8 games. Then draft Calvin Ridley. If Dixon can keep off the I.r. He would be a great dual threat. Then of course ravens would need at least a competent TE. Max is never gonna be a hard worker. So a competent Vet TE in free agency is needed.
I’d be cool with Air Coryell or Erhardt Perkins, but I favor the latter. Both could have and would have shades if WCO timing routes. Everyone knows that I want Quenton Nelson in the draft and feel we need to build the oline first. However if we decide to go with a wideout in the first round, at this point, I’d like a good route runner, ie Calvin Ridley over a burner. I also feel if Robinson hits the free agent market, it’s possible he comes at a reasonable cost, not cheap, due to his injury.

I’m thrilled we landed Humphrey, but I was definitely ok with Robinson in the second round.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I wasn’t sure where to post this, but apparently Kubiak is open to being an OC again:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...-to-a-return-as-an-offensive-coordinator/amp/
PLEASE GOD YES... Listen, if anyone can turn this shit around next year it's Gary. Please. He has familiarity with the organization and he'd likely see Flacco as a redemption project. And if ANYONE can turn Flacco around... It's Gary.

Only concern I'd have here is whether or not Roman's power scheme should somehow stay. We'd need to find a new RT and a new C since Jensen and Howard are not necessarily fits.

But this is seriously what the doctor ordered. It's a next season thing.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I think it’s fate that this Kubiak news comes out the day we deliver another putrid performance on offense, going in to the bye allowing some time for the players who weren’t on the roster during his play calling for everyone to get on track. Please, football gods. I don’t ask for much.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I think it’s fate that this Kubiak news comes out the day we deliver another putrid performance on offense, going in to the bye allowing some time for the players who weren’t on the roster during his play calling for everyone to get on track. Please, football gods. I don’t ask for much.
It would be interesting if he’d be willing to work with Roman and keep our offensive scheme.

Last edited:

JAAM

Hall of Famer
Jim

It would be interesting if he’d be willing to work with Roman and keep our offensive scheme.
Well Roman can go if he’s not on board. I just want Kubiak back so bad.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Well Roman can go if he’s not on board. I just want Kubiak back so bad.
I’d love kubiak back here. Believe he’s the one guy who could fix this team with Flacco at the helm at the moment.

Give that man a contract

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I've said this before, but the football gods made it clear to us Ravens fans that our offense will NOT prosper long-term