• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Mock Central

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
what's crazy to me in terms of workload is that lance zierlein writes up every single draft profile for nfl.com every year and very rarely do you find a prospect without one
I wish they could have more people do it. Cause sometimes i dont fully agree with his asseasment of a player. But hes pretty spot on in terms of overall rankings and how they are all graded.

I also LOVE the quotes he puts from scouts and GMs!!!!!!! I feel like those can be really insightful

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
they spend all their time going to the occasional live game but mostly they just talk about qbs or 1 or 2 stars over and over again - i definitely cant remember the last time they discussed an olineman
Yep, oline doesn’t interest the casual fan. It’s all for the ratings.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Oh boy....drafttek has us taking 2 dlineman in the first 2 rounds.

Christian wilkins and Da'shawn Hand

"Running back has often been the selection in our mocks, but Alex Collins looks like a real steal. Given that, Ozzie may leap at an elite talent like Christian Wilkins. Baltimore will always be a defense-centric team, and its 10th-ranked defense could always be improved. The most glaring area of weakness there is a severe lack of playmakers along the defensive line. While that is not the primary role in this D, it would still be beneficial to have some penetrators up front. That said, Joe Flacco ranks right there with DeShone Kizer at the bottom of the league in many categories (lowest passing yards per game, 31st in QBR and YPA). I'm just not sure if the Ravens will move on just yet."

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Usa today 17th overall:
James washington
Billy Price
Bo scarborough

Not terrible i might say. I just cant figure out james washington just yet

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Cbs

BAL.png
16. Baltimore Ravens

Bryce Love, RB, Stanford. I've made this connection before, and it probably won't be the last time I do. Like Detroit, Baltimore needs a run-game identity. They get that with Love, who can pair with Alex Collins to form an interesting duo of contrasting running strengths and weaknesses. Love is a true home-run hitter

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Matt miller:

15. Baltimore Ravens (4-4)
28cdde80f3a5aef5ca7a01477bcbf0b4_crop_exact.jpg

The Pick: RB Derrius Guice, LSU

The Baltimore Ravens have a good stable of running backs, but they don't have anyone like Derrius Guice.

Guice, who was slowed earlier this season with a knee injury, exploded onto the scene with a 276-yard day against Ole Miss once fully healthy. At 5'11" and 218 pounds, he runs with a mixture of speed, balance and violence that is rare in college or the NFL.

As the Ravens retool their offense, it makes sense to go back to the days of a premier back to take pressure off quarterback Joe Flacco. Guice can be the type of player a young Ray Rice was in the offense, with tools as a runner and receiver. And given the Ravens' issues with wide receiver health, having Guice as a safety valve out of the backfield would make life easier for everyone.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Usa today 17th overall:
James washington
Billy Price
Bo scarborough

Not terrible i might say. I just cant figure out james washington just yet
I don't want Washington in the first but I like the combo of Price and Scrabrough. Price would fit so well with Yanda and Jensen, with Scarbrough running behind that....I'd be stocked.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Daniel Jerimiah has an uncanny ability to accurately predict our big board. He's far more accurate than not. So I go to him. But Mayock and Miller are my first two choices.

But honestly, I rarely solely defer to one of them without forming my own opinion. But Mayock and Miller are so far ahead of everyone else imo and it's not even close. Both of them have been offered GM positions for a reason. They know their shit. They just get paid more to be figureheads. Jerimiah is regulated by what the Network tells him to do(which is stupid. He's a damn good scout and he and Mayock should co-host a podcast or something), but in terms of pure talent evaluation, if he gets the chance, is also very good.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
He should just admit he has absolutely no information from us. If he hits he gets lucky and that’s it.
Walterfootball is hot garbage. The only reason I use them initially is to tally names for my prospect watch since he has hilariously inaccurate prospect rankings.

Charlie is utter shit too.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Daniel Jerimiah has an uncanny ability to accurately predict our big board. He's far more accurate than not. So I go to him. But Mayock and Miller are my first two choices.

But honestly, I rarely solely defer to one of them without forming my own opinion. But Mayock and Miller are so far ahead of everyone else imo and it's not even close. Both of them have been offered GM positions for a reason. They know their shit. They just get paid more to be figureheads. Jerimiah is regulated by what the Network tells him to do(which is stupid. He's a damn good scout and he and Mayock should co-host a podcast or something), but in terms of pure talent evaluation, if he gets the chance, is also very good.

DJ is at his best when he focuses in on the culture in our building having worked with oz as a scout - I don’t like it when he plays gm for us though - give us your ravens big board but not the pick/fit please DJ

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor

Dj had Humphrey ranked around the 40s on a consistent basis last year though

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I often do the same with Walter football once I get towards the end of my prospects I often look to them for more names
It's the one thing he's good for. He has Lamar Jackson going over Josh Rosen in a mock. I like Jackson but what a joke. One of them is a polished QB with a sniper rifle for an arm and an ability to read defenses well...

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Dj had Humphrey ranked around the 40s on a consistent basis last year though
From what we've heard all season long, a lot of teams had a similar grade on Humphrey. A few had him as a frist round talent. As a prospect Humphrey had big ups and big downs which could make his evaluation all over the place for different schemes and team needs.