• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 9 Discussion (Other Teams)

JO_75

Hall of Famer
It's a New Month, Yes It Is! The first 2 months of the NFL Season has been one big roller coaster ride but now it's time to seperate the contenders and the pretenders. Hold on to your hats... Winter is Coming!

Bills @ Jets: The Jets have overachieved this season and have shown progress under Todd Bowles. The Bills meanwhile... they are so serious about ending their playoff drought they robbed the Panthers on Halloween of Kelvin Benjamin. Bills finally have a true number one as they continue their playoff push in hopes of finally knocking off the Pats.

Colts @ Texans: You would think Watson has the Texans undefeated with how he has played but they are only 3-4 heading into the final half of the regular season. Andrew Luck has become a ghost and may never see the field in 2017, Watson & co should move to 4-4 easily here.

Bengals @ Jaguars: Coming into this season, you think easy win for the Bengals right? Not no more as Sacksonville has arrived and the Bengals may have a more terrible o-line then the Colts. Colts surrendered 10 sacks to the Jags defense. Will Andy Dalton survive Sacksonville?

Bucs @ Saints: Remember when the Saints defense was bad? Not no more, as the Saints defense is quickly becoming a huge key to their turn around as they lead the NFC South heading into Week 9. The Bucs join the Raiders as this season's underachievers and will have to try again next year for the playoffs.

Rams @ Giants: The Rams are another surprise team in the NFC this season as the Rams are right there with the Seahawks competing for the NFC West crown. The 1-6 Giants stand in their way as they continue to trend upward under new coach Sean McVay.

Falcons @ Panthers: Why the Panthers let Marty Hurney back into the building and near a telephone on trade deadline is scary stupid. Why on earth a "Interim" GM would be allowed to make such a move is even scarier. Falcons defense may have got a boost from a fantasy stand point and the Panthers season may be over.

Broncos @ Eagles: If you want Von Miller money, you get sent to Cleveland to never be heard of ever again. If you piss off your HC, you get sent to the best team in the league. Jay Ajari is now apart of the 7-1 Eagles and the Broncos just made a QB change. Easy win for Wentz and co.

Cardinals @ 49ers: The 49ers have a brand new QB but according to Kyle Shanahan he may not even play at all this season. So that means the 49ers are tanking to help their rebuild process but the Browns may have scared one of the quarterbacks back to school for another year. Which is terrible for Arizona where everything is falling apart and rumors are swirling of a retirement by Bruce Arians.

Redskins @ Seahawks: Kirk Cousins won't be playing the Seahawks twice a year for the next 4-6 years after all but he does play them Sunday with his current team. After a home loss to the Cowboys, the Redskins head to the home of the 12th man where a loss is very likely.

Chiefs @ Cowboys: As The Wheel turns continues in Dallas this week as Ezekiel Elliott may or may not play, or may play, this Sunday against the Chiefs. Chiefs rebounded after 2 straight losses to a bad Broncos team and look to keep up with the Steelers and Pats for the number one seed.

Raiders @ Dolphins: Did the NFL forget something called Flex Scheduling? I know not many games this week are enticing but Broncos/Eagles could have been flexed into this spot at least. Dolphins welcome the Raiders for a Sunday Night Game that will indeed make the ratings go into hibernation.

Lions @ Packers: Without Aaron Rodgers, I think the Lions new gameplan of kicking Field Goals may actually be enough to beat the Packers. Without Rodgers, the Packers season looks to be done and over with and the Lions may actually come out with a win here on another boring primetime snoozer.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
some really interesting (to me) games this week just to tell me what the nfl is going to look like after all the turmoil:

cardinals 49ers will be big - cards have lost carson palmer and david johnson at this point but we likely still arent seeing jimmy g so this may be an awful game

raiders dolphins is one of those games that looked interesting when the slate came out but now looks like a dud - these two teams cede two of the worst passer ratings in the league to opposing qbs, both have underwhelming offences - in the dolphins case ridiculously awful levels of putrid offence

falcons panthers is a really intriguing game just in terms of which team might finally break themselves away from the other team - huge division game for the nfc south

bills jets is a surprisingly not awful game at this point - i might even stay up to watch it to see what this bills team looks like with kelvin benjamin in it - the bills are definitely a feel-good team this year and sean mcdermott might be a candidate for coach of the year (not just rookie coach of the year)

i feel like this week has more juice than last week but yeah all the injuries are catching up to the nfl and not leaving a lot of good teams in their wake

JO_75

Hall of Famer
bills jets is a surprisingly not awful game at this point - i might even stay up to watch it to see what this bills team looks like with kelvin benjamin in it - the bills are definitely a feel-good team this year and sean mcdermott might be a candidate for coach of the year (not just rookie coach of the year)

On a short week, he's inactive as he won't learn the playbook in enough time. He will make his debut next week.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I want the Jets to be eliminated and I don't know if we have the tiebreaker over them if we go 4-5 (as I predict). Bills still have to play NE twice.

I highly doubt the Jets will play a role in the final playoff seeding. Buffalo is the main concern due to the fact they will most likely get the 5th seed if they don't win the division. Need Bills to lose more.

Edit: As I posted that, the Josh McCown decides to throw the first TD of the night and put the Jets up first.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I highly doubt the Jets will play a role in the final playoff seeding. Buffalo is the main concern due to the fact they will most likely get the 5th seed if they don't win the division. Need Bills to lose more.

Edit: As I posted that, the Josh McCown decides to throw the first TD of the night and put the Jets up first.
Well of course they need to lose more, but again, for me, start the process of elimination early.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
yeah he got replaced when vance joseph came to the broncos and wanted to go somewhere where he could call plays for the first time in his career (properly)
Wow, so him, Ducasse, Boldin, Frazier, Corey Graham, etc. They love themselves some ex-Ravens.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
tbf turnover differential is the least sustainable stat - the bills have been the best in the league with turnover differential because they've been getting turnovers but more importantly because they havent been turning the ball over themselves - that naturally will regress to the mean

JO_75

Hall of Famer
This is going to be a defensive game that at this point might as well be, the survival of the starting quarterback. Both Bills and Jets defenses getting to the quarterback.

Pats

Veteran
Lol bills should have seen this coming, the afc east constantly screws eachother over.