• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Bernard Pollard Speaks Out on Harbaugh Again

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
After he said what he had to say....@Truth then walked away from Ray Ray like...

giphy.gif

Preston Broadus sighting!

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
For future reference, the kids playing in Miami (Canes) right now are playing with tremendous swagger and confidence/attitude. Keep an eye out for the talent there on the defensive side of the ball

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
So I’ve been MIA. Had to take a week off football after this heartbreak lol. Harbs was basically on the hot seat and Lamar came through and saved him. But now it’s 2 years where we went into the playoffs unprepared and lost first round.

Now I’m not back on the fire harbs hype train after a 14-2 season but his lack of in-game adjustments reared it’s ugly head again. A lot of media is blaming lamar, I think harbs deserves a good chunk of the blame. I think he tilts too easily when things gets sidetrack. As much as I hate pollard for his hate on lamar, maybe he’s right about harbs. Without ray and reed, he won 1 playoff game back in 2014 and missed playoffs 4-5 years?

What’s your confidence level harbs can get us another Super Bowl appearance / ring?

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
So I’ve been MIA. Had to take a week off football after this heartbreak lol. Harbs was basically on the hot seat and Lamar came through and saved him. But now it’s 2 years where we went into the playoffs unprepared and lost first round.

Now I’m not back on the fire harbs hype train after a 14-2 season but his lack of in-game adjustments reared it’s ugly head again. A lot of media is blaming lamar, I think harbs deserves a good chunk of the blame. I think he tilts too easily when things gets sidetrack. As much as I hate pollard for his hate on lamar, maybe he’s right about harbs. Without ray and reed, he won 1 playoff game back in 2014 and missed playoffs 4-5 years?

What’s your confidence level harbs can get us another Super Bowl appearance / ring?

Harbs has looked lost in our last two playoff games like he was shocked that we were losing. I still have a ton of confidence in him, especially after leading us to a franchise best of 14-2, but he needs to do a better job of getting this team prepared for the playoffs next season. I really hope that we don't rest our starters again if we have a Bye locked up by week 17. It was quite obvious that the almost 3 weeks off didn't do us any favors and our team came out flat which can't happen in the playoffs.

Also, to get back on-topic for this thread, fuck Pollard. Dude has been saying that Lamar can't get it done and has been hating on the Ravens, in general. We should take this lame's championship ring back....

Sandtown

Pro Bowler

We went through heart break losses even with Joe Flacco as The Ravens quarterback in his first three years. This is with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed on the team. Flacco was a totally different quarterback than Lamar Jackson and much older. This team is young and they all need to just grow and we can't always blame it on the coaching staff. It sucks The Ravens loss in the playoffs this year but I don't think John Harbaugh needs to be fired. This team really accomplished a whole lot this season and no way can anyway say that this was the expectation before the season even started. It's probably a blessing for The Ravens to not even go further in the playoffs this year because they still need to add more play makers to this team and the draft may be the answer for that . Other than that it always sucks to see your team lose in the playoffs and not make it to the super bowl but I'm not going to sit here and not appreciate what this team did for most of the season.

There was times when The Ravens had a hard time beating The Steelers not just in regular season but the playoffs as well. In due time The Ravens got over the hump with John Harbaugh leading the charge. I know we want things to happen instant like a prep meal in the microwave but we as fans should be conditioned to understand that things just take time. I have faith that in due time especially next year The Ravens will get over their playoff one and done woes and Harbaugh the right head coach to help with that. Hopefully the team does make the playoffs and exceed expectations even further but i'm not at all sour about The Ravens season at all. It was quite fun to watch and the team did it's thing even with some clear holes in certain positions.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I mean I can't call Pollard a traitor because that would insinuate that he swore allegiance to Ravens Nation. We were just a stopgap to him. It is what it is.

Christian Schwarz

Practice Squad

I wanted to solely blame Harbaugh for this loss. His clock management at the end of the first half where he refused to use 1 of 3 timeouts while we were moving down the field was painstaking as he wasted crucial time we needed once we got to the redzone and had to settle for a FG.

I stood by his choices a d analytics to go for it on 4th down throughout the season and always thought of this as a sneaky edge for a team with a dynamic offense and L.J. I was shocked we failed to convert our first 4th down try against the Titans. But flatout pissed off when he opted to pass on a chipshot FG early in the 2nd half.

That's a situation that separates a good HC from a great one. In that scenario we were trailing 14-6, meaning you need, 1st down, TD, and a 2pt just to simply tie the game. We were driving down the field something we failed to do much in the first half, yet we came up with nothing due to a horrible decision by Harbaugh. Few plays later Derrick Henry for 66 yards capped off with him throwing for a TD.

This was the turning point in the game, we moved the ball toward the end of the half and got points, moved the ball to start the 2nd half and passed on points, a turnover leading to more Tennessee points. After that desperation kicked in firmly swaying a normally dominant offense off its playstyle forcing us to throw more than we like, game over.

I will always love John Harbaugh, a truly legendary Ravens coach worthy of the ring of honor, he comes from an amazing football family and has had a lot of success and memories here.

But I am ready whenever Steve Bisciotti is to move on to a more gameplan experienced HC. Someone either offense or defensive minded who can make a true difference on the game. Lets be real here, other than his motivational speeches, and ability to help forge a capable coaching staff, Harbaugh does not really offer much.

Marlon Humphrey was even vocal after the loss that thought some of what Harbaugh said came off as unnecessary and eye rolling. Especially after a loss where Harbaugh made multiple mistakes and poor decisions and clearly did not prepare enough despite given 2 long weeks to prepare for a far less talented team. Coach Vrabel far out coached him and prepared him.

Guys like Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Derrick Mason all guys who respected but knew Harbaugh was nothing more than a motivational guy who could keep the team morale high, and came from a family with a lot of football knowledge and experience.

That's where I stand on Harbaugh, he could be our coach for the next 10 yrs as likeable and successful (wins, playoffs appearances etc.) as he has been. But we got rid of Flacco, I wouldn't mind moving on from Harbaugh and establishing a new face hopefully someone with a better skillset ie. playcalling and gameplanning to go along with this new era in Baltimore.

14 win season bought Harbaugh atleast 1 more season, but a 3rd straight one and done playoff push better scoot him out the door. He had the pleasure of riding 2 hall of famers, dominant defenses and work with a front office that has generated and surrounded the team with a ton of talented players. Id say Harbaughs success is more linked to that than anything else.

Last edited:
Harbaughs issue is hes too loyal to poor players and poor coaches. Now I dont blame any of the coaches for the loss, they didn't drop 8 passes, they didnt miss 12 blocks at the LOS like Mekari

Anyway f*ck Bernard Pollard

Charm City

Pro Bowler
I wanted to solely blame Harbaugh for this loss. His clock management at the end of the first half where he refused to use 1 of 3 timeouts while we were moving down the field was painstaking as he wasted crucial time we needed once we got to the redzone and had to settle for a FG.

I stood by his choices a d analytics to go for it on 4th down throughout the season and always thought of this as a sneaky edge for a team with a dynamic offense and L.J. I was shocked we failed to convert our first 4th down try against the Titans. But flatout pissed off when he opted to pass on a chipshot FG early in the 2nd half.

That's a situation that separates a good HC from a great one. In that scenario we were trailing 14-6, meaning you need, 1st down, TD, and a 2pt just to simply tie the game. We were driving down the field something we failed to do much in the first half, yet we came up with nothing due to a horrible decision by Harbaugh. Few plays later Derrick Henry for 66 yards capped off with him throwing for a TD.

This was the turning point in the game, we moved the ball toward the end of the half and got points, moved the ball to start the 2nd half and passed on points, a turnover leading to more Tennessee points. After that desperation kicked in firmly swaying a normally dominant offense off its playstyle forcing us to throw more than we like, game over.

I will always love John Harbaugh, a truly legendary Ravens coach worthy of the ring of honor, he comes from an amazing football family and has had a lot of success and memories here.

But I am ready whenever Steve Bisciotti is to move on to a more gameplan experienced HC. Someone either offense or defensive minded who can make a true difference on the game. Lets be real here, other than his motivational speeches, and ability to help forge a capable coaching staff, Harbaugh does not really offer much.

Marlon Humphrey was even vocal after the loss that thought some of what Harbaugh said came off as unnecessary and eye rolling. Especially after a loss where Harbaugh made multiple mistakes and poor decisions and clearly did not prepare enough despite given 2 long weeks to prepare for a far less talented team. Coach Vrabel far out coached him and prepared him.

Guys like Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Derrick Mason all guys who respected but knew Harbaugh was nothing more than a motivational guy who could keep the team morale high, and came from a family with a lot of football knowledge and experience.

That's where I stand on Harbaugh, he could be our coach for the next 10 yrs as likeable and successful (wins, playoffs appearances etc.) as he has been. But we got rid of Flacco, I wouldn't mind moving on from Harbaugh and establishing a new face hopefully someone with a better skillset ie. playcalling and gameplanning to go along with this new era in Baltimore.

14 win season bought Harbaugh atleast 1 more season, but a 3rd straight one and done playoff push better scoot him out the door. He had the pleasure of riding 2 hall of famers, dominant defenses and work with a front office that has generated and surrounded the team with a ton of talented players. Id say Harbaughs success is more linked to that than anything else.

Offensive-minded or defensive-minded does not mean anything. Look at Sean McVay. He made the Super Bowl his first year and did not make the playoffs his second year. Mike Zimmer was an amazing defensive coordinator and had one of the best defenses in the league for years and he did not do anything. Rex Ryan, Jason Garrett, Ron Rivera, Mike Nagy, Vic Fangio, Kliff Kingsbury's team did not look anything special this year. Even Andy Reid, who is arguably the best play-caller, has made the super bowl once in his career and is known as a choker in the playoffs. The best coaches are the ones who know the intricacies of the game and can get their players to buy into their gameplan and keep them fighting. Harbaugh has shown he can get our guys to play and buy into a system. As @BloodRaven pointed out he is too loyal at times and does not like to stir the pot, but that's about all I can fault him with

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
reminiscent of james hurst last year - we have an interior problem again
I believe Mekari will get better with experience as well. Hoping Skura can come back from that, but that's not a guarantee. He is walking without crutches though ^_^