• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Bernard Pollard Speaks Out on Harbaugh Again

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
He hasn't played since the titans cut him 3 years ago .His releases and trades weren't your normal "like many other players". Everywhere he went word was that he was locker room poison.

lol.....Where/when did he say this?
"I am not saying things were bad here, but as far as where I fit in and what they want from a young team, it was hard for me as a veteran because the head coach wants guys to listen to him," Pollard said

I don't doubt one bit that Pollard was poison in the locker rooms. That has been well documented. However, just because someone may have been a bad apple in a locker room....that doesn't mean that what he says (no matter how late he says it) is to be so easily dismissed as having no merit or as a feeble attempt to stay relevant.

A
s far as his not wanting to "listen" to Harbaugh? I get it! I could see how seasoned veterans like him, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and Anquan Boldin etc., could have problems with a coach like Harbaugh. Hell! Even Harbaugh himself mentioned how he didn't speak to Ed Reed for weeks because of their rocky relationship.

The reality is that at the end of the day, both Pollard and Harbaugh (and the others in the meeting) know exactly "what" and "how" it went down. I don't believe everything I see on television or what I read in articles. I love hearing...in their own words.....from the people who were actually involved.

Tank

Hall of Famer
He hasn't played since the titans cut him 3 years ago .His releases and trades weren't your normal "like many other players". Everywhere he went word was that he was locker room poison.

lol.....Where/when did he say this?
"I am not saying things were bad here, but as far as where I fit in and what they want from a young team, it was hard for me as a veteran because the head coach wants guys to listen to him," Pollard said

I don't doubt one bit that Pollard was poison in the locker rooms.

A
s far as his not wanting to "listen" to Harbaugh? I get it! I could see how seasoned veterans like him, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and Anquan Boldin etc., could have problems with a coach like Harbaugh. Hell! Even Harbaugh himself mentioned how he didn't speak to Ed Reed for weeks because of their rocky relationship.

That quote wasn’t about Harbaugh. He said that after he was cut from the Titans and he was talking about the head coach there. Different team and he was whistling the same tune.

Tank

Hall of Famer
He hasn't played for 3 years because he got old and slow, it happens to every player. We haven't had a safety since who could intimidate receivers and drop the hammer like Pollard.
Guys like BP are not on many rosters anymore, a dying breed. What used to be an occasional 15 yarder now is common and teams don't want it. While I agree we need a guy at SS that brings the wood, it has to be somebody that plays smart and clean. To state the obvious, that wasn't Bonecrusher. lol

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
That quote wasn’t about Harbaugh. He said that after he was cut from the Titans and he was talking about the head coach there. Different team and he was whistling the same tune.

I see! Thanks. Here is something that I find interesting though...

Bernard Pollard Jr
✔@Crushboy31

I'm sorry but this team will never be the same. They broke up something special way too early. Now he's got to COACH & that's not possible.

But it goes back even further. Pollard felt “offended” by a story that safeties Pollard and Ed Reed began a mutiny that Harbaugh handled amazingly by sitting down the entire team for a group-therapy session in 2012. Both Pollard and Reed would be with different teams the following year.

I’m offended by that, because we walked away from that situation thinking, ‘OK, everybody’s on the same page. We’re all good,'” Pollard told the “J&R” show in Houston in 2013. “Like I said, I’m just a little offended that the coach never stepped up and said anything.”

It is obvious that Harbaugh has offended Pollard by not clearing up that "mutiny" story involving him and Ed Reed and therefore, he is speaking out against him any chance he gets. And the story obviously hasn't been cleared up because that is all these interviewers want to know about when speaking with Pollard.

Last edited:

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
I wasn’t behind the scenes like Pollard was, but I know that many times I shake my head at Harbaugh. This team has lost that nasty edge we used to have, that I liked. This team used to be so smash mouth. Teams did not want to play us. Even if we lost the other teams were just glad to be leaving town. Now we seem to just get pushed around. Without that warrior mentality, going for it on 4th down is pointless! Now not taking the points has bit us in the backside so many times it makes me sick. Our offense is so pathetic, I scratch my head. We need changes. I like our players, but our coaching leaves a lot to be desired and our FO ignores the offensive side of the field way too much for my liking.

Now when we are losing games our players are on the sidelines moping around, no one is firing each other up. I miss that passion we used to have so much!!!!!!

Last edited:

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
Guys like BP are not on many rosters anymore, a dying breed. What used to be an occasional 15 yarder now is common and teams don't want it. While I agree we need a guy at SS that brings the wood, it has to be somebody that plays smart and clean. To state the obvious, that wasn't Bonecrusher. lol
You make a great point, but I still miss that edge we used to have. I really do. It made those close losses easier for me to except, knowing we beat the living snot out of them. My mindset was take the win the refs gave you, but I know you will be afraid to see us again come playoff time and so will those other teams when they watch our tape. Nobody wanted to play the Ravens........NOBODY! Now they see use on the schedule and pencil in an expected win.

Last edited:

Tank

Hall of Famer
I see! Thanks. Here is something that I find interesting though...

Bernard Pollard Jr
✔@Crushboy31

I'm sorry but this team will never be the same. They broke up something special way too early. Now he's got to COACH & that's not possible.

But it goes back even further. Pollard felt “offended” by a story that safeties Pollard and Ed Reed began a mutiny that Harbaugh handled amazingly by sitting down the entire team for a group-therapy session in 2012. Both Pollard and Reed would be with different teams the following year.

I’m offended by that, because we walked away from that situation thinking, ‘OK, everybody’s on the same page. We’re all good,'” Pollard told the “J&R” show in Houston in 2013. “Like I said, I’m just a little offended that the coach never stepped up and said anything.”

It is obvious that Harbaugh has offended Pollard by not clearing up that "mutiny" story involving him and Ed Reed and therefore, he is speaking out against him any chance he gets. And the story obviously hasn't been cleared up because that is all these interviewers want to know about when speaking with Pollard.
The locker room is like Vegas......what happens there should stay there!

Tank

Hall of Famer
You make a great point, but I still miss that edge we used to have. I really do. It made those close losses easier for me to except, knowing we beat the living snot out of them. My mindset was take the win the refs gave you, but I know you will be afraid to see us again come playoff time and so will those other teams when they watch our tape. Nobody wanted to play the Ravens........NOBODY! Now they see use on the schedule and pencil in an expected win.
I’m with ‘ya.

I wasn’t behind the scenes like Pollard was, but I know that many times I shake my head at Harbaugh. This team has lost that nasty edge we used to have, that I liked. This team used to be so smash mouth. Teams did not want to play us. Even if we lost the other teams were just glad to be leaving town. Now we seem to just get pushed around. Without that warrior mentality, going for it on 4th down is pointless! Now not taking the points has bit us in the backside so many times it makes me sick. Our offense is so pathetic, I scratch my head. We need changes. I like our players, but our coaching leaves a lot to be desired and our FO ignores the offensive side of the field way too much for my liking.

Now when we are losing games our players are on the sidelines moping around, no one is firing each other up. I miss that passion we used to have so much!!!!!!

Teams used to be scared of us, who are they scared of now? Jimmy? this offense is on Ozzie, Harbaugh and Flacco.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

You and me both!

Even Suggs has struggled to keep the fire burning on the sidelines when down. This present team operates with a nonchalant, que sera sera and lackadaisical mentality and THEY PLAY LIKE IT! I miss this though....

rossihunter2

Staff Member
You and me both!

Even Suggs has struggled to keep the fire burning on the sidelines when down. This present team operates with a nonchalant, que sera sera and lackadaisical mentality and THEY PLAY LIKE IT! I miss this though....

like it does often get overegged but it really does change teams when they get more vocal leaders in their team - a sense of swagger helps make the opposition even less confident about facing you - i miss guys pacing up the sidelines and vocalising, maybe even want a guy who cares so much they literally cry on the bench when they make a mistake, i want guys who emotionally get loud in some way coz it does have a tangible effect on teams no matter what coaches and players say

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
You and me both!

Absolutely. Somehow, it's now alright to lose by 30 because this is "any given Sunday" league.
Fuck that.

Last edited:

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
Teams used to be scared of us, who are they scared of now? Jimmy? this offense is on Ozzie, Harbaugh and Flacco.

No the biggest problem with the offense is that the top 4 options at guard are on IR. If you lack an OLine you cannot win in the NFL.

Bad luck is the biggest piece of blame right now and its horrible because every question mark on the OLine ended up looking good, it's just now that the interior is weakened the options on a pass play are 1st read, checkdown, or take a sack.