• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Draft Predictions

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
1) Ravens pass on Zaven Collins
2) Ravens trade back in round one
3) Ravens draft Nico Collins
4) Ravens double dip at edge

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Have a pretty bad feeling terrace Marshall is our first pick.

I think the ravens pick 3 times on day 2

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Have a pretty bad feeling terrace Marshall is our first pick.

I think the ravens pick 3 times on day 2

I wouldn’t mind Marshall at the 1st pick as long as it wasn’t instead of Bateman or Elijah Moore - that would truly hurt me lol

but if those guys were gone and Marshall’s our first pick I wouldn’t have a problem with it - would feel to me a lot like how it would have felt taking tee Higgins last year

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I wouldn’t mind Marshall at the 1st pick as long as it wasn’t instead of Bateman or Elijah Moore - that would truly hurt me lol

but if those guys were gone and Marshall’s our first pick I wouldn’t have a problem with it - would feel to me a lot like how it would have felt taking tee Higgins last year
We won’t be taking Elijah Moore with our first pick lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I wouldn't be surprised if this is the year we trade up a few spots to grab Bateman. Just a hunch.

That being said I'd prefer a tradeback

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
From 2012-2017 I was a complete draft nut (probably average for these boards anyway lol) but invested in 7th rounders and udfas. The few years between I was always busy with life around that time (college applications, graduating, first year in college) and didn’t really even know half the first round picks. This year, I’m kinda obsessed again and it feels good. Link me some mid round players to check out I’d appreciate that!

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
What slot corners should I watch or quick guys who can play inside?
kary vincent jr, i also think ardarius washington is more of a nickel corner/FS hybrid who would be perfect in baltimore, elite in zone concepts, elite range to disguise coverages, and is able to come up and man up in the slot when we blitz, is able to blitz from the slot himself, ive heard elijah molden is one of the better slot corners in this class but havent looked for myself

rossihunter2

Staff Member
What slot corners should I watch or quick guys who can play inside?

kary vincent jr is one of my favourites
asante samuel jr might be the best shorter corner in the class
tre brown i really like but he's never played inside despite that being where he's most likely to play in the NFL
aaron robinson has some good quick feet and shows some nice physicality in press - overcommits vs fakes but has some nice tools and athleticism
elijah molden is one of the more highly thought of slot guys - i think he's got some athletic limitations but he's very intelligent and has the look of a great underneath zone defender

there's some safeties who can play in the slot too this year (and even some linebackers)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
From 2012-2017 I was a complete draft nut (probably average for these boards anyway lol) but invested in 7th rounders and udfas. The few years between I was always busy with life around that time (college applications, graduating, first year in college) and didn’t really even know half the first round picks. This year, I’m kinda obsessed again and it feels good. Link me some mid round players to check out I’d appreciate that!

any particular positions?
some mid/late round type guys i like: janarius robinson EDGE, rashad weaver EDGE, Damar Hamlin S, DJ Daniel CB, brenden jaimes OL, Kayode Awosika OL, Kendrick Green OL, Aaron Banks OL, Jonathan Adams Jr WR, Josh Imatorbhebhe WR, Shi Smith WR, Trey Sermon RB

tons more but there's a cross-section across a variety of positions

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
Steelers are going to take Jenkins. Don't know what they are thinking at QB or if they are thinking QB but they are in pretty good position to draft O line and RB to try one more run with Roethlisberger.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
pretty convinced the Ravens will draft Terrace Marshall if he there. Perhaps they go edge but thats where I'd bet.
Heres a far flung prediction:
We'll move Miles Boykin on draft weekend for a 5th if we take Marshall early.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
pretty convinced the Ravens will draft Terrace Marshall if he there. Perhaps they go edge but thats where I'd bet.
Heres a far flung prediction:
We'll move Miles Boykin on draft weekend for a 5th if we take Marshall early.

i mean that would be amazing - not sure what team would give up a 5th for him though... if we don't want him then what team is going to want him lol

i'd be fine with marshall as our 1st pick - he's my 27th guy on the baord lol - and he really does have rare physical traits (which i know we always covet pretty highly) - i know i've said this before but he does remind me enough of tee higgins that i could definitely see us interested in him in much the same way as higgins last year (who i also had later than we would have been taking him but only slightly)

with watkins here, marshall would be a good fit in the sense that he'd be allowed to moved all over the formation and play a lot of the slot where he thrived in 2020 for LSU especially while he develops his releases