• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

2021 NFL Draft Gameday Draft Thread

What position will the Ravens select with their first pick in the draft?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In the meantime, I'm checking them 2022 FAs who would make sense to trade for, in case we want to fill some last needs and get immediate value from our future extra picks.
There isn't much tbf and our FO isn't probably going to do anything like this but I guess the idea is worth some consideration.

All cap numbers are referred to the 2021 season

DEs

Jerry Hughes - Cap Hit 7.3M
Dead Cap 3.1M
Bills are already with less than 2M under the cap for ans may need to shred some more before to extend Allen and/or Edmunds

Von Miller - Hit 18M
Dead 11.2M
Unlikely scenario.
Denver is not looking to improve its cap situation (24M) AND didn't address Edge in the draft.

Akeem Hicks - 10.5M
1.5M
Bears are likely going to extend Hicks with a first year low figure cap because they're already 1 M over the cap.
They also have Goldman inside and Quinn/Mack outside. They could also try and get more picks by trading him to compensate the lack of next year's first but I just don't know if this is a solution.

Will look soon at other situations.. I stopped at Phill.. Need the lower half of the alphabet

Don't lnow whether you guys want to put this one under another thread for further discussion. I leave it to you :heidy:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Jerry Hughes - Cap Hit 7.3M
Dead Cap 3.1M
Bills are already with less than 2M under the cap for ans may need to shred some more before to extend Allen and/or Edmunds

only one that makes any sense given that the bills just drafted EDGE guys with their first 2 picks
but not sure why we'd give up a pick for jerry hughes with ingram and houston and others still on the open market who we could sign from Monday onwards

only one that makes any sense given that the bills just drafted EDGE guys with their first 2 picks
but not sure why we'd give up a pick for jerry hughes with ingram and houston and others still on the open market who we could sign from Monday onwards
Because both Houston and Ingram are UFA and you're going to lose at least a 4th rounder comp.
Teams who need to get rid of players due to cap reasons allow you more negotiation leverage (hence lower picks loss)

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
on the other hand he's okay with wasting picks on guys who have basically 0% chance to make the 53. I'd rather reach for a OT before I even consider Fbs and H-backs
I'd imagine they think Mason will be able to win a spot