• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and the Great: Week 11 Edition

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I'm not excited about this win. With the injuries to their Oline and running back this packers team is a 1-15,2-14 team without Rodgers. The defense is terrible!! The Oline is vastly overrated and helped by Rodgers who gets rid of the ball really fast. So it is banged up and not really that good when running on all its cylinders. And the WRs are pathetic. Nelson has lost several steps. Adams is very inconsistent with the best QB in the league throwing him the ball. Enter Hundley and he is a below average receiver. He gets very little to no separation but Rodgers finds a way to get the ball to him. And Cobb is a different player than the one drafted. He looks very slow. Some players lose speed at a younger age like Dez Bryant and Cobb. I don't think The packers win any games left on their schedule.

If An even average QB like McCarron and Hoyer played for the Browns then the Browns would thrash the packer. I said for a couple yrs now the packers management is incompetent. The packers are a bad team with terrible management being carried by a ridiculously good QB. Im not at all impressed with the ravens for beating them. The packers are better off losing out and getting Rodgers some help

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not excited about this win. With the injuries to their Oline and running back this packers team is a 1-15,2-14 team without Rodgers. The defense is terrible!! The Oline is vastly overrated and helped by Rodgers who gets rid of the ball really fast. So it is banged up and not really that good when running on all its cylinders. And the WRs are pathetic. Nelson has lost several steps. Adams is very inconsistent with the best QB in the league throwing him the ball. Enter Hundley and he is a below average receiver. He gets very little to no separation but Rodgers finds a way to get the ball to him. And Cobb is a different player than the one drafted. He looks very slow. Some players lose speed at a younger age like Dez Bryant and Cobb. I don't think The packers win any games left on their schedule.

If An even average QB like McCarron and Hoyer played for the Browns then the Browns would thrash the packer. I said for a couple yrs now the packers management is incompetent. The packers are a bad team with terrible management being carried by a ridiculously good QB. Im not at all impressed with the ravens for beating them. The packers are better off losing out and getting Rodgers some help
Packers have resigned themselves to the sentiment attached to your last thought. It explains to me the readiness to attempt to convert fourth downs in their own territory of late. They know they stink and that they are done.

The NFL Product this year is in large part unwatchable.The majority of teams are beyond pathetic . Have we played more than one quality quarterback this entire season ? Will we ?

What we are left with is to simply hope that something , that anything might magically click for this offense at some point upcoming . I don't believe that will happen but that's what I'm clinging to … Foolishly .

What we witnessed yesterday is one bad team beating up on an even worse one .

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
The Good: Rodgers being hurt and Flacco throwing just 1 INT. Sticking with Collins regardless of limited production.
The Bad: Offense and offensive production after turnovers. Pathetic. Shameful really.
The Great: The 3rd shut out of the season! The Linebackers and the secondary were studs!

Tank

Hall of Famer
This team could be so good if Marty knew what play action means.
Yeah, I don't know if the O line situation is limiting the playbook or what, but there have been glimpses of effectiveness here and there, followed by conservative predictability. Maybe they let the monster off the leash soon.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
- Judon was a beast! Probably the best game that he's played so far in his young career. I'd like to see him become more consistent obviously, but he has the potential to be a superstar for us if he can continue to improve.

- Pass rush as a whole was really fun to watch. We could have had even more sacks if Hundley didn't break out of a few. PLEASE PLAY WILLIE HENRY MORE.

- Offense was still bad, but at least they moved the ball well enough to give the defense a few breathers and put some FGs on the board. Hopefully, Stanley comes back next game so Flacco doesn't get killed.

- Collins got his first TD finally! I don't think I smiled more all weekend than when I got to see Collins do his Irish dance TD celebration. This dude has been carrying the offense all season and finally got into the endzone; it was great to see.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
- Judon was a beast! Probably the best game that he's played so far in his young career. I'd like to see him become more consistent obviously, but he has the potential to be a superstar for us if he can continue to improve.

- Pass rush as a whole was really fun to watch. We could have had even more sacks if Hundley didn't break out of a few. PLEASE PLAY WILLIE HENRY MORE.

- Offense was still bad, but at least they moved the ball well enough to give the defense a few breathers and put some FGs on the board. Hopefully, Stanley comes back next game so Flacco doesn't get killed.

- Collins got his first TD finally! I don't think I smiled more all weekend than when I got to see Collins do his Irish dance TD celebration. This dude has been carrying the offense all season and finally got into the endzone; it was great to see.
Willie Henry is great but he needs to be fresh. He had more snaps than any dL yesterday with 52. I agree Judon had his best game of his young career, but I’d like to see the sacks not be coverage sacks. That being said, I’ll take any sack.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
i saw something i really liked yesterday on 1 snap in particular, and with the help of filmstudy's article this morning i confirmed it

Q3: 6:26 on the clock (at 1:05:50) in the video below, timmy williams crushed the right tackle around the edge for maybe the most conventional and awesome outside rush ive seen from any ravens player all year - it was menacing and he hit hundley hard but the way he used his hands and bent the edge was, in 1 rush, everything that a lot of us hoped he could be after watching all the college tape this offseason

now he's shown he can do it, i want to see him do it over and over again - he got 19 snaps this latest game which is more than i was expecting and the more snaps he gets the more he's going to improve and the more we'll get to see edge pressure like that - it's exciting seeing a flat out dominant guy who so many of us loved coming out of college show those same skills in the nfl

enjoy...

EDIT!!!: so apparently the video doesnt work in the US so ive created a gif of the play...

giphy.gif

Last edited:

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Willie Henry is great but he needs to be fresh. He had more snaps than any dL yesterday with 52. I agree Judon had his best game of his young career, but I’d like to see the sacks not be coverage sacks. That being said, I’ll take any sack.

id really like to see wormley active on gamedays so that we can keep henry fresh - that said he also was a wrecking ball yesterday despite leading the dline in snaps

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
i saw something i really liked yesterday on 1 snap in particular, and with the help of filmstudy's article this morning i confirmed it

Q3: 6:26 on the clock (at 1:05:50) in the video below, timmy williams crushed the right tackle around the edge for maybe the most conventional and awesome outside rush ive seen from any ravens player all year - it was menacing and he hit hundley hard but the way he used his hands and bent the edge was, in 1 rush, everything that a lot of us hoped he could be after watching all the college tape this offseason

now he's shown he can do it, i want to see him do it over and over again - he got 19 snaps this latest game which is more than i was expecting and the more snaps he gets the more he's going to improve and the more we'll get to see edge pressure like that - it's exciting seeing a flat out dominant guy who so many of us loved coming out of college show those same skills in the nfl

enjoy...

I agree, was so happy to see him get this many snaps. Although upset Bowser only had 6 snaps, although he made an impact with his 6 snaps.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

Nice, I didn't know he had that many snaps. That's a good sign that he should play a big part in the defense going forward (at least I hope).

I'd also like to see the sacks not be coverage sacks, but we have a great secondary so I'll be happy to see them either way. lol

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor

enjoy...

Is there any other video of this play? This video is copyright blocked in the U.S. :(