• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Ben Cleveland

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
didnt it get changed like 20 years ago though?

EDIT: i see you said "old" - still not sure why he'd be wearing the old flag of georgia lol...

That makes more sense to me. As you may or may not know, in MD, we wear the flag on literally everything. Hats, shirts, shorts, shoes, key chains etc. Could just be a state pride thing

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
didnt it get changed like 20 years ago though?

EDIT: i see you said "old" - still not sure why he'd be wearing the old flag of georgia lol...
Southerners and specifically country folks, are EXTREME traditionalists and they often hate the changing of their idols and symbols. They are quite the opposite of progressive.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
That makes more sense to me. As you may or may not know, in MD, we wear the flag on literally everything. Hats, shirts, shorts, shoes, key chains etc. Could just be a state pride thing
Georgia is a state with a lot of state pride, and I would imagine a majority of the Georgia population is pretty hardcorr traditionalist

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Terrible guy for wearing that. Lmao
More about the shit that it would stir up in a majority black sport.

and while I don’t believe everyone who flies the flag is hateful, I believe there’s been a lot of indoctrination regarding the confederate flag, and that it definitely without question represents an ideology of hate and oppression, many people have been led to believe otherwise.

that said, I don’t get down with symbolic shit and idols and whatever tf else. I don’t give a shit about anyone’s symbolism one way or another and id like for sheets of stitched polyester to stop holding so much goddamn power over the masses.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
More about the shit that it would stir up in a majority black sport.

and while I don’t believe everyone who flies the flag is hateful, I believe there’s been a lot of indoctrination regarding the confederate flag, and that it definitely without question represents an ideology of hate and oppression, many people have been led to believe otherwise.

that said, I don’t get down with symbolic shit and idols and whatever tf else. I don’t give a shit about anyone’s symbolism one way or another and id like for sheets of stitched polyester to stop holding so much goddamn power over the masses.

Agreed my man

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Been thinking about Cleveland a bit more - it strikes me that he’s somewhat of a compromise between the guys we had on the roster

Tyre had all the length and size you could want but wasn’t nasty - Cleveland has good size and length but is also a mailer

Bredeson is nasty and unhinged and technical but has really short arms

powers was nasty too but Cleveland probably is more mobile than him and probably better technically coming out

I was thinking that too but harbs specifically said LG with Zeitler playing RG

but with Bozeman moving to C and a complete OL reshuffle from last years unit I wonder if we might see our running game lose it’s right-handed bias...
That certainly seems possible given that we no longer have OBJ anchoring on the right side.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I was thinking that too but harbs specifically said LG with Zeitler playing RG

but with Bozeman moving to C and a complete OL reshuffle from last years unit I wonder if we might see our running game lose it’s right-handed bias...
Been calling for this tbh. I’d like to to make our run game as traditional as possible without removing Lamar and romans genius from the equation. I think balancing the playbook to attack either side is a great start.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I still think for a trick play we just need to hand him the ball and let him bull doze over everyone. I'm pretty sure he could just carry all 11 defenders to the end zone with him lol.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Been calling for this tbh. I’d like to to make our run game as traditional as possible without removing Lamar and romans genius from the equation. I think balancing the playbook to attack either side is a great start.

lots of teams are right-handed (it's not a ravens specific thing) but it's normally a product of having your best pass blocker at left tackle on the blindside - there's certainly room for that to change especially if ben cleveland decides he's going to be the anchor to the running game

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I still think for a trick play we just need to hand him the ball and let him bull doze over everyone. I'm pretty sure he could just carry all 11 defenders to the end zone with him lol.
Great Khali style. If he does this, I'll buy his jersey.