• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Welcome to Baltimore: Ben Cleveland

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Great Khali style. If he does this, I'll buy his jersey.

I was thinking more like Braun Strowman, who I actually thought he looked like.

giphy.gif

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Agreed, I once was VERY high on Cleveland and @rossihunter2 kept throwing water on it lmao, thought I must have been missing something

I'm trying to not be overly optimistic and just unreasonable, but I just feel like he's definitely going to he our year 1 biggest impact rookie. I see him destroying people. Guy is described as having generational strength lol. And it shows! Also I know there have been some lateral movement questions but one of those clips above looks really good.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Agreed, I once was VERY high on Cleveland and @rossihunter2 kept throwing water on it lmao, thought I must have been missing something

haha sorry lol - i just thought he was limited laterally and that concerned me (still concerns me) and it showed up a few times against quicker interior rushers and on some stunts...

dont get me wrong - im excited about him for sure, especially now that he's a raven but i was lower on him than some of you for the above reason... the guys i had above him at G on my board all notably had quicker feet especially laterally...

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Already told you... 4 years, 721 snaps.... SEC play..... 1 sack, 3 qb hits. Guy is a damn good player

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
haha sorry lol - i just thought he was limited laterally and that concerned me (still concerns me) and it showed up a few times against quicker interior rushers and on some stunts...

dont get me wrong - im excited about him for sure, especially now that he's a raven but i was lower on him than some of you for the above reason... the guys i had above him at G on my board all notably had quicker feet especially laterally...
I used to be all about freak athletes on the OL but as I’ve watched them come and go without making any noise in the league, I’ve become more interested in the freakishly powerful guys with a mean streak. Cleveland definitely struck me as that.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
I used to be all about freak athletes on the OL but as I’ve watched them come and go without making any noise in the league, I’ve become more interested in the freakishly powerful guys with a mean streak. Cleveland definitely struck me as that.

How about freakish athletes, with a mean streak, but especially with a damn BRAIN??

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
His pass pro seems to be considered elite by basically every film study I’ve seen

Yeah I have no idea what the concern is. I guess big guys aren’t supposed to be good pass blockers?

rossihunter2

Staff Member
His pass pro seems to be considered elite by basically every film study I’ve seen

i see a few blocks where his length helps him out but where he's been stretched laterally that i think better/quicker DL could possibly take advantage of - i've never suggested it's some fatal flaw that means he'll bust, nor have i suggested it's something that made his tape unwatchable or a problem

it's just a worry that i have based on some consistent things i saw when watching him

i do think he mirrors well, and he uses his punch and length well - and it's not like i dont think he keeps his feet under him and stays balanced - it's just a limitation i see showing on tape a couple of times

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
This man already looks ready to kill someone just getting his pads sized!

Guy’s an effing animal. Created in a lab somewhere or some shit. I see comments that I believe are coming strictly from stereotypes of bigger maulers, and I see comments that are coming straight from what people expect will be weaknesses/expect to see, when the film shows much different. This guy can do it all