• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: MNF Houston

rossihunter2

Staff Member
hey guys. been away. Had some issues in life to deal with.

Good game vs the packers albeit against a terrible QB and thats put a damper on how i feel about this D. How do we perform against the good qbs?..so far, pretty awful in the limited games we've played them.

Without JJ watt and Mercilus the texans only have 1 true pass rushing threat. If they had those two guys, we'd be in so much shit.

Also we better hope to pick up the first wildcard spot because we have 0 shot vs the jaguars.

im sorry to hear that dude

tbf im not sure we've faced any good qb this year except big ben - but shutouts dont happen often and we've got 3 of them which is why i doesnt really dampen my expectations because with all the injuries etc. there just arent that many good qbs in the league this year and we only have 2 good ones left to face in big ben (again) and matt stafford - so if the defence is gonna shut out bad qbs then we've got 4 shutouts coming the rest of the year

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
hey guys. been away. Had some issues in life to deal with.

Good game vs the packers albeit against a terrible QB and thats put a damper on how i feel about this D. How do we perform against the good qbs?..so far, pretty awful in the limited games we've played them.

Without JJ watt and Mercilus the texans only have 1 true pass rushing threat. If they had those two guys, we'd be in so much shit.

Also we better hope to pick up the first wildcard spot because we have 0 shot vs the jaguars.
Good to have you back. More important things in life than football.

As for the Texans, that one true pass-rushing threat can really destroy our gameplan if Hurst is at LT. REALLY hope Stanley is a go, but we'll see in the next few days.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
Even though savage sucks, he gonna get hopkins the ball. Gonna be nice to see jimmy go up against him through out game. Hopkins is agressive so this should be exciting

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
We must win this game going away, but I am given pause by the debacle vs the Bears in Baltimore. So, I am just hoping we win 2 in a row after starting with 2 Ws.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I thought the Titans game was ours to lose, so I won't make the same mistake again. Hopkins scares me tbh

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
As long as the defense stops the run, we win. If Savage has to throw thirty some or even forty times against our D, then we'll get a couple pick sixes to win their game. Or picks that put us in field goal range.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Good to have you back. More important things in life than football.

As for the Texans, that one true pass-rushing threat can really destroy our gameplan if Hurst is at LT. REALLY hope Stanley is a go, but we'll see in the next few days.
Oh if hurst is at LT I'm chalking this up to a loss, if nick perry can do what he did against hurst then clowney will put joe on a stretcher

Pats

Veteran
You must not be familiar with James "the worst" hurst. If he's our LG we'll be fine, if he's our LT then clowney will set records
If the game was in houston i'd say it would be a closer game, but since it's in baltimore, an asskicking awaits.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If the game was in houston i'd say it would be a closer game, but since it's in baltimore, an asskicking awaits.
The same could've been said about the bears game. With our offensive ineptitude home field advantage means a lot less, it doesn't matter how quiet the crowd is when our offense is on the field because we won't move the ball anyway lol

I think our offense plays better this week. I know people are going to laugh at this but I think once Stanley returns it will slow down Clowney to an extent. They do a good job stopping the run but their secondary is dreadful. I think Joe has a good game this week.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Oh if hurst is at LT I'm chalking this up to a loss, if nick perry can do what he did against hurst then clowney will put joe on a stretcher

You must not be familiar with James "the worst" hurst. If he's our LG we'll be fine, if he's our LT then clowney will set records
Clowney would eat Hurst for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a midnight snack. He'd probably be able to be immediately inducted in the HoF with a yellow jacket and everything.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Now I came across this stat on Facebook earlier on today, but I didn't where I saw it. So I googled it and sure enough it was on Reddit. So, apparently teams are now 0-10 the week after playing the Texans. If this continues, we're fucked.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/7edtza/teams_are_now_010_the_week_after_playing_the/

i mean technically we could probably drop that lions game and still get into the playoffs... as long as we beat the texans this week lol
not that i particularly would like us to lose to the lions you know...