• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and the Savage: Week 12 Edition

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Remember the reports saying Stanley had no passion?
And here he is playing all banged up everywhere and missing only one game this season.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
And here he is playing all banged up everywhere and missing only one game this season.
I was actually talking to my parents about this last night. They were talking about the whole senator groping allegations. I related that to football and how false things come out every draft like the whole Gaeron Conley incident (funny how quickly that disappeared after the draft). There are people out there who try to tarnish a person's name whenever they become famous to get attention and because in most situations there is no downside to accusing someone of something that isn't true because yourself will not be in any legal issues afterwards.

I'm not saying all cases they are all 'false reports', but it happens too often now. And the worst thing about it is it hurts those who actually were sexually harassed because a lot of these cases come back being false reports.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
im not talking automatic reviews, im saying coaches still only have 2 challenges (+1 if they get them both right) but that ticky tacky flags can be reviewed - PI is gonna be hard to reverse but game changing flags that are just wrong like defenceless receiver/going low on the passer/helmet to helmet/hits out of bounds/holding can be eliminated from the game
I see what you mean. Yeah, so many of those defenseless receiver shots are either never called or called incorrectly.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
im not talking automatic reviews, im saying coaches still only have 2 challenges (+1 if they get them both right) but that ticky tacky flags can be reviewed - PI is gonna be hard to reverse but game changing flags that are just wrong like defenceless receiver/going low on the passer/helmet to helmet/hits out of bounds/holding can be eliminated from the game
I see what you mean. Yeah, so many of those defenseless receiver shots are either never called or called incorrectly.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
The bills one this week was atrocious for example and could easily have been reversed within seconds on replay and it nearly gave the chiefs a way back into that game late on
Yeah some of these flags are almost as critical as a turnover being reviewed or if a player was inbounds for a first down. I mean all penalties worth 15 yards are huge, or the ones that involve granting a team an automatic first down.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Yeah some of these flags are almost as critical as a turnover being reviewed or if a player was inbounds for a first down. I mean all penalties worth 15 yards are huge, or the ones that involve granting a team an automatic first down.

exactly and im not proposing extra reviews just suggesting that penalties should be reviewable - it also gives coaches less chance to feel aggrieved because if they really hate a call they can challenge it

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I really try to not believe the officiating isn’t biased, but week in and week out there is just too much evidence pointing towards it. You gotta believe tape is sent by the team, yet it continues.

On a brighter note........Stanley is the beast he was cut out to be. Hopefully the bad fortune with injuries doesn’t become the norm.
I loved his response to Filmstudy's tweet. I've always said this about him: barring injuries, he's one of the least concerns about this offense.

I'll never forget one poster on the old board saying Tunsil is hands down better than Stanley. Plus, isn't he like top 3 in run-blocking? I don't think you do that without passion lol.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
I loved his response to Filmstudy's tweet. I've always said this about him: barring injuries, he's one of the least concerns about this offense.

I'll never forget one poster on the old board saying Tunsil is hands down better than Stanley. Plus, isn't he like top 3 in run-blocking? I don't think you do that without passion lol.

Had a friend who's working to become a scout and happens to be a ND fan. I was never concerned about Stanley. He did say Perriman would be a bust though.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Had a friend who's working to become a scout and happens to be a ND fan. I was never concerned about Stanley. He did say Perriman would be a bust though.
Now I'm sure it would be very similar to the opinion of posters on these boards, but how does he feel about Nelson?

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter

To be fair, everyone had Tunsil as the clear cut best prospect and some had Stanley as a late first guy. A lot of pundits had Ronnie as a reach. It is only when I really watched his tape and stop focusing on the hype that I began to like him.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
To be fair, everyone had Tunsil as the clear cut best prospect and some had Stanley as a late first guy. A lot of pundits had Ronnie as a reach. It is only when I really watched his tape and stop focusing on the hype that I began to like him.
Not a chance. I had Stanley as the better run blocker from the start, due to him being from a pro style offense. I also mad him my pick at number 7 in the Forum mock. I did like Tunsil better long term though, but not by much.

I was thrilled when we drafted him. I don’t remember any pundit calling this a reach. Many gave it a high grade and they were correct.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

There were lot of mocks around the Internet doing that same thing. I cannot explain how even people who do that stuff for living failed to recognise the best run blocking offensive tackle in ages and the most complete tackle prospect since Tyron Smith.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I am proud to say I was the first to board @Inqui 's Stanley bandwagon on the old board and never got off it, all the way to draft.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
I am proud to say I was the first to board @Inqui 's Stanley bandwagon on the old board and never got off it, all the way to draft.
My reaction when we got Stanley.

giphy.gif