• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Who would you have drafted....

Im happy with Humphrey so far alrhough I probably would have picked someone else, I would have skipped Wormley too but I guess the scouts like his potential.

I probably would have moved back for an unsexy pick like Forrest Lamp and another lineman.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Doesnt matter how many TEs we have if none of them are any good. I was a huge fan of Gilmore: cant stay healthy. Max, cant stay healthy. Waller i just dont see turning into anything. Boyle: when is his next suspension? Watson might be the veteran we need in this locker room, i was never happy with the signing but id like to see what he can do. Pitta: cant wait for 90 catches and 148 yard season from him. I doubt anyone would argue we have a better TE on our roster than Howard.

Bowswer is a much better athlete than KC at the same size. Plus, i just like him more. If Bowser contribute less than KC did in his first year, i will be absolutely shocked.
I agree. Had a feeling they wanted Hassan Reddick in round one, but once he was taken, Bowser was a terrific consolation prize. Getting him and Humphrey is awesome in rounds 1 and 2. Looking forward to using TWill more.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm not going revisionist here, (May do that subsequently). These are the guys I routinely trumpeted for months leading to the draft and who I believe I would have picked, for better or worse.

1) O.J HOWARD
2) PAT ELFLEIN
3) TIM WILLIAMS... no way I saw him being available here.
3) KAREEM HUNT
4) HOWARD WILSON
5) ISAAC ASIATA
6) JOE MATHIS....ahhh well

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
For me I'd have made 2 changes.

Zach Cunnigham is like a young Daryl Smith
Carl Lawson instead of Wormely.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I wasn’t that high on Cunningham but I had lawson as a first round grade and obviously he dropped because of injury concerns but I would have loved a 3rd round double whammy of Timmy Williams and Carl Lawson
That's exactly what I did in my redraft lol

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
my worry about tyus is that he's far more of an athlete than a football player at this point and sometimes that football IQ never comes..

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I do kinda wish in hindsight (obviously hindsight is 20/20) but that we got Williams and Lawson and then either juju or Alvin kamara in the 2nd or something like that

Not that I’m hating on tyus (or even wormley given that I think he’s played ok when he’s been on the field)
I've never mentionned it yet, but Kamara is probably the guy I really hate that we didn't get the most. I had a first round grade on him and actually ranked him ahead of McCaffrey. How great it would be to have his skillset in our offense.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
my worry about tyus is that he's far more of an athlete than a football player at this point and sometimes that football IQ never comes..
I don't think IQ will ever be a problem for him given his position. Basically the hardest thing to learn (coverage) he already knows. What he has to learn is pass rushing and run defense. It will come with more experience and although I don't think he'll be able to add strength (which would be ideal) I think he can still be a dynamic player with better understanding of his strengthes and weaknesses.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I've never mentionned it yet, but Kamara is probably the guy I really hate that we didn't get the most. I had a first round grade on him and actually ranked him ahead of McCaffrey. How great it would be to have his skillset in our offense.

Especially given how important he’s already become to the saints and the way their team has evolved because of it - they are now a ball control offence at their basic level and he’s killing it - like you said he’s doing for the saints what the panthers hoped mccaffrey would do for them

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
This might be considered a prisoner of the moment(s) comment but Alex Collins, for me, might be the most explosive runner in the NFL.

there i said it. Lambast me.

Next year we'll be a better team. Our 2016 (most of it is on IR) draft plus collins will be ready.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
This might be considered a prisoner of the moment(s) comment but Alex Collins, for me, might be the most explosive runner in the NFL.

Next year we'll be a better team. Our 2016 (most of it is on IR) draft plus collins will be ready.
I won't blast you for that but I'm not sure he's viewed as a long term answer. Not saying he won't be, I just don't know. We'll see come season's end.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer

You asked for it.
spongebob__snowball_effect_gif_by_k1ng0fk1ngz1111-d6j14gv.gif

allblackraven

Hall of Famer

We should keep bringing in RBs who were dropped by Seahawks at some stage of their career. Forsett did well, should have brought him earlier.

Collins needs opportunities and confidence building - let him make mistakes and learn from them, don't sit him every time he doesn't make 5 yards on a carry. I also want to see him on a short yardage goal line plays. I don't know if he is the most explosive back in the league right now but he makes stuff happen. Exciting to watch, for sure.