• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Get Well Soon Jimmy

jboy19

Pro Bowler
Seems like the team was pretty confident in their chances of winning an appeal. So its possible that it could have been an undisclosed prescription or something like that.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
I imagine Jimmy was using an illegal substance to play through the injury
Could have been for a lot of reasons. Could have been using a while for the reasons a lot of players do. Who knows?
Something could come out to exonerate him tomorrow but for now it appears he cheated.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Sucks he went down and hope he comes back strong next year.

Not going to judge the PED thing until we find out what what it was that he was using.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Sucks he went down and hope he comes back strong next year.

Not going to judge the PED thing until we find out what what it was that he was using.

have done some minimal searching around this - sounds like the ravens were pretty confident the appeal would have reduced or wiped out the suspension - maybe a prescription that the nfl wasnt aware of - which would make sense given that they were only made aware of the suspension possibility a week ago...

that being said - we probably will never find out now coz the ravens dont really care about the suspension at this point given the injury

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Jimmy goes six years without using a PED and then in the one year he's got a perpetual injury, he gets busted for them. Ravens and Jimmy are highly confident the suspension might get thrown out all together, so I mean, this almost certainly had to do with the injury.

I wish the Ravens would put $200K behind them (really, that is an absurdly small amount of money) and appeal if they're confident they can win and get a speedy reply because if Jimmy appealed and lost this week, the four games remaining serve the suspension. If they appeal and lose next week, but make the playoffs, he still serves those four games during that time period.

I mean, I suppose they're concerned with the process dragging out and coming into play next season potentially, but I REALLY hope that's the reason and not $200K.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Jimmy goes six years without using a PED and then in the one year he's got a perpetual injury, he gets busted for them. Ravens and Jimmy are highly confident the suspension might get thrown out all together, so I mean, this almost certainly had to do with the injury.

I wish the Ravens would put $200K behind them (really, that is an absurdly small amount of money) and appeal if they're confident they can win and get a speedy reply because if Jimmy appealed and lost this week, the four games remaining serve the suspension. If they appeal and lose next week, but make the playoffs, he still serves those four games during that time period.

I mean, I suppose they're concerned with the process dragging out and coming into play next season potentially, but I REALLY hope that's the reason and not $200K.
I would imagine you're exactly right. 200k is nothing. Who knows though maybe Ozzie has his eye on a marquee practice squad special teamer?

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
I would imagine you're exactly right. 200k is nothing. Who knows though maybe Ozzie has his eye on a marquee practice squad special teamer?

He’s got the perfect guy in mind
bal-ravens-elevate-matt-elam-to-active-roster-waive-cb-robertson-daniel-20161105

Tank

Hall of Famer
another reason why the ravens no longer want to appeal on jimmy's behalf: they get a cap credit of nearly $200k back
May end up being something dumb like happened with Haloti. In any case Smith can come out and state exactly what he was using and why if he thinks it will clear his rep. It doesn’t seem it would really be beneficial to anyone to appeal.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

they might get some guaranteed money back but it makes no sense really at this point for either jimmy or the ravens to risk this appeal at this point - he misses these games whatever happens but as others have mentioned if the appeal drags on then maybe he gets stuck missing a game next year which is a bad situation for both the ravens and jimmy

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
i guess they will activate Jaylen Hill now for games. I hope his hamstring is completely healed, because I like what I saw in preseason from him.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
If he appeals and the Ravens miss playoffs/his appeal process takes a couple weeks. He could end up serving his suspension next year. So it's probably smart to just take it.