• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The good, the Bad, and the Detroit Rock City: Week 13 Edition

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
carl lawson will never be a good run stopper.. really short arms..terrible leverage. Great at pass rush moves, very violent but will be overmatched by a good run blocking tackle all day in the run game.

I remember Jimmy but not every player has the raw skills and natural ball skills to get as good as Jimmy or Marcus peters. Or every player would get that good. I mean he could and he is a great athlete but will not necessarily mean he makes all the strides at cornerback to be elite

Last edited:

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I remember Jimmy but not every player has the raw skills and natural ball skills to get as good as Jimmy or Marcus peters. Or every player would get that good. I mean he could and he is a great athlete but will not necessarily mean he makes all the strides at cornerback to be elite

just letting you know that marcus peters has been abused this year.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Chris Harris JR is a true lockdown player. Him and Talib have shown over the years something that makes you elite..
consistancy. I'd take CHjr and Talib (in their primes) over Jimmy smith and Marcus peters.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Shout out to the Oline!!!! They played one hell of a game today

The OL has quietly put together a pretty solid season. Seeing them play like this isn't that shocking to me. The difference seems that Flacco just didn't rush his passes and stepped up in the pocket.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
IDK......Ravens historically play the squealers tough in pburgh and will be fighting hard to prevent a season series sweep. Back under the lights in prime time boys could come out and kick some ass. Throw in pburgh on a short week after playing in Cinci tomorrow night and it may a bit different than you are thinking.

I agree! The Ravens seem to get geared up for the Steelers and visa versa. Our offense can't afford to come out stale and flat in that environment. As a matter of fact, the ENTIRE team has to come out of that tunnel on Sunday with a "Swagger that is unknown to mankind!" and then they need to "Unleash Hell" on those BUMS right there in Pittsburgh. :smoke: :cool:

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
if only we took care of business vs the bears and titans. we'd be in the playoffs by now :/

Tank

Hall of Famer
I agree! The Ravens seem to get geared up for the Steelers and visa versa. Our offense can't afford to come out stale and flat in that environment. As a matter of fact, the ENTIRE team has to come out of that tunnel on Sunday with a "Swagger that is unknown to mankind!" and then they need to "Unleash Hell" on those BUMS right there in Pittsburgh. :smoke: :cool:
Open up a big can of whoop ass on those ketchup eaters! lol

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
carl davis has shown me nothing. He's just a typical non-star ravens D linesman. Solid but nothing special run D, big and with o pass rush.
One of Pierce and Williams need to start getting interior sacks.
Judon needs to be that guy to step up. I just dont know if he's really that quality of pass ruher
Za'darius is a no hoper
Tim Williams is making me upset we didn't double dip and take carl lawson
Bowser has a long long way to go as a football player.
TWill and Bowser will probably make a big jump next season.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I didn;t mention henry because he's doing great. Bowser is an athelete that lacks technique and football IQ. Lawson is great but shit at run D. Always has been. I think that's why the FO didn't bother with him. They moved pierce back to NT and put brandon williams at DT? Result? better Run D but weaker pass rush.

Btw, Humphrey was exposed but if you recall, jimmy smith in his younger years always gave up big plays. Every corner will be exposed at some point. What i like about humphrey is that he really does have a short memory. That's key in develpment. When some rookies get beat or have a rough game they enter a mental block and never recover. This guy plays cocky every snap.
Exactly

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
I did enjoy watching Marlon be thrown into the fire in a game that really matters and the coaches making the proper adjustments to get him help after a series or 2.

On the play he got the INT, he had help over the top. Mind you the pressure got there and it was an ill advised throw, however there was no chance thanks to the safety help