• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The good, the Bad, and the Detroit Rock City: Week 13 Edition

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'm more worried about webb than the any of the other corners. I was told on twitter a few weeks ago when i said we should rest jimmy for at least a month that i was not being rational. I said it was a ticking time bomb ala richard sherman.

He's done/
Yes dr. Sami. Sometimes the achillies pops and sometimes it doesn’t.

Tank

Hall of Famer
I don't see this as a "statement" victory at all per se. A great win-absolutely! So, let's rejoice over it and enjoy it of course. But a "statement" win to me is this; after winning 3 games in a row....and.....IF the Ravens can roll into Heinz Field next week and the offense can play like it did today and even better (along with the defense and special teams) and get their 4th "W" in a row there in Pittsburgh against the Steelers in order to maintain their position in the Wild Card spot?

NOW THAT'S A STATEMENT GAME!

Here's to the Ravens making a statement! :beer:
How about a breakout. Was it a breakout? ^_^

Can you pour me one please?

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Only complaint is the Jimmy injury. Marlon will adapt.

And pass rush MUST improve.

But that's it.

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
Only complaint is the Jimmy injury. Marlon will adapt.

And pass rush MUST improve.

But that's it.
Pass rush NEEDS to improve(And before two members comment, that's not a Pees issue. That's a personnel issue. Wake up people not named Suggs and Henry. We need the attack dogs in full force).
Pass rush steps up it'll make the secondary's life a lot easier.

Tank

Hall of Famer
The Ravens are not winning next week. Setting that as the parameter is setting the Ravens up for failure. They will lose next week in Pitt but win the last 3 hit 10 wins and make playoffs with 1 game to spare. 9-7 gets you in as the Ravens and I think they go 10-6.
IDK......Ravens historically play the squealers tough in pburgh and will be fighting hard to prevent a season series sweep. Back under the lights in prime time boys could come out and kick some ass. Throw in pburgh on a short week after playing in Cinci tomorrow night and it may a bit different than you are thinking.

Tank

Hall of Famer
WR play is still worrisome. Can’t afford those momentum killers against the better teams.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
One dissapointing aspect of this D is CJ mosely not really taking that step to becoming a top 5 ILB in this league. He's looking like a solid linebacker with occasional great moments. He doesn't fly off the screen ala Bobby Wagner, Luke Kuchely among others

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Pass rush NEEDS to improve(And before two members comment, that's not a Pees issue. That's a personnel issue. Wake up people not named Suggs and Henry. We need the attack dogs in full force).
Pass rush steps up it'll make the secondary's life a lot easier.

carl davis has shown me nothing. He's just a typical non-star ravens D linesman. Solid but nothing special run D, big and with o pass rush.
One of Pierce and Williams need to start getting interior sacks.
Judon needs to be that guy to step up. I just dont know if he's really that quality of pass ruher
Za'darius is a no hoper
Tim Williams is making me upset we didn't double dip and take carl lawson
Bowser has a long long way to go as a football player.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
One dissapointing aspect of this D is CJ mosely not really taking that step to becoming a top 5 ILB in this league. He's looking like a solid linebacker with occasional great moments. He doesn't fly off the screen ala Bobby Wagner, Luke Kuchely among others
I agree! I think he will be solid at best. Shazier on the other hand may end up being a top 5 lb

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I agree! I think he will be solid at best. Shazier on the other hand may end up being a top 5 lb

not for long. shazier doesnt have great instincts. he's a freak athelete and with a great d around him. he's a moron. CJ has better football IQ but is an inferior athelete. Shazier will get worse with age

He's no Rueben foster whos the REAL deal.

The Good: You helped us out by beating the Lions.
The Bad: Loss of Jimmy Smith is awful.
At the end of the day it was a great day of football. Thanks for making football Great again!

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
not for long. shazier doesnt have great instincts. he's a freak athelete and with a great d around him. he's a moron. CJ has better football IQ but is an inferior athelete. Shazier will get worse with age

He's no Rueben foster whos the REAL deal.
Glad someone mentioned Reuben Foster. Trouble with early injuries but he seems more or less healthy now and is playing great.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
carl davis has shown me nothing. He's just a typical non-star ravens D linesman. Solid but nothing special run D, big and with o pass rush.
One of Pierce and Williams need to start getting interior sacks.
Judon needs to be that guy to step up. I just dont know if he's really that quality of pass ruher
Za'darius is a no hoper
Tim Williams is making me upset we didn't double dip and take carl lawson
Bowser has a long long way to go as a football player.

Henry is getting pressure and will eventually begin landing at his target. Pierce was expected to be a better rusher. I'm not liking Bowser. Timmy Williams has potential but seems like something is missing. Lawson was my favorite edge rusher in the draft and ravens shoulda taken him over loser Wormley for sure. And even over Bowser. And Humphrey was exposed today. He will be a good Cornerback in my opinion but not real spectacular.

Last edited:

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Henry is getting pressure and will eventually begin landing at his target. Pierce was expected to be a better rusher. I'm not liking Bowser. Timmy Williams has potential but seems like something is missing. Lawson was my favorite edge rusher in the draft and ravens shoulda taken him over loser Wormley for sure. And even over Bowser. And Humphrey was exposed today. He will be a good Cornerback in my opinion but not real spectacular.

I didn;t mention henry because he's doing great. Bowser is an athelete that lacks technique and football IQ. Lawson is great but shit at run D. Always has been. I think that's why the FO didn't bother with him. They moved pierce back to NT and put brandon williams at DT? Result? better Run D but weaker pass rush.

Btw, Humphrey was exposed but if you recall, jimmy smith in his younger years always gave up big plays. Every corner will be exposed at some point. What i like about humphrey is that he really does have a short memory. That's key in develpment. When some rookies get beat or have a rough game they enter a mental block and never recover. This guy plays cocky every snap.

Sledge Hammer

Pro Bowler
I didn;t mention henry because he's doing great. Bowser is an athelete that lacks technique and football IQ. Lawson is great but shit at run D. Always has been. I think that's why the FO didn't bother with him. They moved pierce back to NT and put brandon williams at DT? Result? better Run D but weaker pass rush.

Btw, Humphrey was exposed but if you recall, jimmy smith in his younger years always gave up big plays. Every corner will be exposed at some point. What i like about humphrey is that he really does have a short memory. That's key in develpment. When some rookies get beat or have a rough game they enter a mental block and never recover. This guy plays cocky every snap.

Wouldn't call Lawson shitty at run defense. And he has the tools to get better at it. Humphrey is cocky with short memory but doesn't have the ball skills and direction to be as good as Jimmy. I don't think he is going to be an elite cornerback. White has shown more than him so far. Better feel for his opponents position and ball skills. Wouldn't call Humphrey a total bust however. He is going to be a solid player

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Wouldn't call Lawson shitty at run defense. And he has the tools to get better at it. Humphrey is cocky with short memory but doesn't have the ball skills and direction to be as good as Jimmy. I don't think he is going to be an elite cornerback. White has shown more than him so far. Better feel for his opponents position and ball skills. Wouldn't call Humphrey a total bust however. He is going to be a solid player

mmmm..you really didn't remember jimmy back in the day. Every game he gave up big plays. It was infuriating, we were all calling him a bust at one point and was targeted nonstop. He was the weak link ( C.Williams, C.Graham were ahead of him)

White is far more polished but is almost 2 years older.
Thats pretty key IMO.

another thing. Jimmy wasn't a young rookie. He was already 23. Marlon was 20 when he started in training camp.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor

carl lawson will never be a good run stopper.. really short arms..terrible leverage. Great at pass rush moves, very violent but will be overmatched by a good run blocking tackle all day in the run game.