• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Clutch Time. Potential Breakout Players?

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
late season in the home stretch to make the playoffs, with a team full of young unprovens. Who do you have as a potential breakout player? Guys who have either been sporadically good turning into gamewreckers, or guys who have been barely there but you think can show up and start making a difference.

Mine is Chris Moore. He looks like he's putting it together. He has looked dangerous as a kick returner and I fully expect him to break one before seasons end, I just feel it. And he's been catching on as a receiver as well, he's getting separation, he's getting targeted sparingly but the difference now is he is catching the ball, the guy gets open and can break long ones if he can hold onto the ball, if he's shaken off the nerves and can catch now then I think he's gonna make a name for himself, this of course is if flacco stays on his a game.

My defensive guy is willie Henry, I think he's due to become a household name. The guy has been getting penetration, and he just seems to make plays, he's got a nose for the ball as evidenced by his fumble recovery and athletic return. If the coaching staff uses him often, I could see him racking up 2-3 sacks to close out the year and maybe even knock the ball loose a few times. We've found ourselves a great steal at 3T with this guy. Him, bwill, and pierce and a 3 man run stuffing front is absurd, and keeping him on the interior on passing downs will be a thing of beauty, we often field 1 down lineman in pass rush sets and I like him best for that role.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
@Militant X 1 quick! Breakout thread!

I have Marlon Humphrey.
In before Mili gets here

I also see Humphrey as a breakout player on defense

I’d like to see Maxx breakout, but like and actually believe are different. I actually believe Woodhead is going to be vital in our run for the playoffs

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im gonna go out on a limb here and say its Danny woodhead. I think he has a big role vs the steelers and becomes flaccos safety valve.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'll agree on woodhead. And yeah I'd love to see maxx breakout but idk what his deal is, he just doesn't seem to be NFL caliber. He's a big tough guy with good hands who isn't athletic enough to make himself available, so on the rare occasion that he's schemed open he becomes a tryhard and breaks his body in the process

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I'll agree on woodhead. And yeah I'd love to see maxx breakout but idk what his deal is, he just doesn't seem to be NFL caliber. He's a big tough guy with good hands who isn't athletic enough to make himself available, so on the rare occasion that he's schemed open he becomes a tryhard and breaks his body in the process
I think Maxx could come into his own next year, he did have some major surgery, but I wouldn’t hold my breath. I’d be surprised if the ravens don’t draft a TE in the upcoming draft, espcially since Boyle and Williams become fa at the end of next season.

Offense: Danny Woodhead, he's going to get more opportunities with Perriman benching then any one and the Ravens are desperate for a 3rd option in the passing game.

Defense: Maurice Canady, I think Willie Henry has already broke out. I don't think we're sleeping on Henry here and I personally believe that he's already making a huge impact. Canady on the other hand has been a riser and has caught attention for his magnificent performance against Detroit. Going forward I think Canady is going to be more utilized on the outside and let's not forget, he missed the first 8 games of the season, the fact that he's a 6th round pick and playing this well coming from IR in his 2nd season is very impressive.

When it comes to defense, this guy Ozzie man...Phew....

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'll put this out here I'm super super dissappointed in tim williams. Remember this guy isn;t a young rookie. He's 24. We need a new young, dominant pass rushing OLB. He looks like an average football player at best. If he was 21-22 i'd feel differently but you will seldom see a 24 year old rookie with this little impact amount to anything.

I think it's the guys TheCity5 has mentioned.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
We need another pass rusher to emerge. Suggs, Judon, and Henry have done well. Yet we still need one more guy to get hot....hopefully its Twill

arnie_uk

Veteran
If we want to get anywhere it has to be flacco with Marty's help. Call games aggressively with play action, deep shots, using the middle of the field and we can go places

Tank

Hall of Famer
The player we may need the most to breakout is BP(for you @allblackraven) but he may not even make it back to the field. And does he have the capabilities to breakout? IDK, I got nuthin’.

I’d like to se Maclin breakout of the funk he’s been in. Seems like he’s been playing scared, no passion like he had at first. Is his shoulder still bad? Is he nicked somewhere else? Whatever, maybe he’s saved himself for the December run and potentially the tournament. Start ballin’ please.

redrum52

Hall of Famer
The player we may need the most to breakout is BP(for you @allblackraven) but he may not even make it back to the field. And does he have the capabilities to breakout? IDK, I got nuthin’.

I’d like to se Maclin breakout of the funk he’s been in. Seems like he’s been playing scared, no passion like he had at first. Is his shoulder still bad? Is he nicked somewhere else? Whatever, maybe he’s saved himself for the December run and potentially the tournament. Start ballin’ please.

Was going to say Perriman.

Defense hopefully Williams or Bowser.

Serrell Tuggs

Practice Squad
I thought Maclin had given up on our hideous offense and stopped trying the last few weeks but he seemed to wake up during the Detroit game when he saw an actual passing game. That hospital pass he caught through the middle was exactly the kind of thing he'd been leaving alone lately. I hope he's fully back in, because we need him.

I don't think Max will ever break out. He just doesn't seem fit enough. His whole career he has looked exhausted whenever he's made a play and had to go off. I'm not sure he cares enough to get himself into football condition.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Marlon is going to get a lot of Brown, Green, Gordon, and Hilton in the next few weeks so hopefully it is him. Im afraid of him getting beat deep by Brown and Hilton.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'll put this out here I'm super super dissappointed in tim williams. Remember this guy isn;t a young rookie. He's 24. We need a new young, dominant pass rushing OLB. He looks like an average football player at best. If he was 21-22 i'd feel differently but you will seldom see a 24 year old rookie with this little impact amount to anything.

I think it's the guys TheCity5 has mentioned.
I'm disappointed as well but pees has been a complete piece of shit with his usage and there's little denying that. Seeing him on rushing downs over and over and coming off the field in obvious passing downs is a head scratcher

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I'm disappointed as well but pees has been a complete piece of shit with his usage and there's little denying that. Seeing him on rushing downs over and over and coming off the field in obvious passing downs is a head scratcher
I feel like Suggs is the biggest T Will fan in his pressers lol and I will take Suggs' word for it.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
@Militant X 1 quick! Breakout thread!

I have Marlon Humphrey.

In before Mili gets here

I also see Humphrey as a breakout player on defense. I’d like to see Maxx breakout, but like and actually believe are different. I actually believe Woodhead is going to be vital in our run for the playoffs

"Breakout" you guys say huh?

gllWYip.gif

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
My breakout guy will be Bowser.

Hopefully the staff starts trusting him more and more. During the Lions game he had a little more snaps (10) than usual and in those snaps I've noted a near sack, a shared hit with Z and Sizzle and an obvious holding call. Plus nice awareness when dropping.

I've always had high expectations but he's much better in run D and at getting off blocks than I thought. Martindale said he will be a star and I fully believe so.