• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Clutch Time. Potential Breakout Players?

Sooky

Pro Bowler
My breakout guy will be Bowser.

Hopefully the staff starts trusting him more and more. During the Lions game he had a little more snaps (10) than usual and in those snaps I've noted a near sack, a shared hit with Z and Sizzle and an obvious holding call. Plus nice awareness when dropping.

I've always had high expectations but he's much better in run D and at getting off blocks than I thought. Martindale said he will be a star and I fully believe so.
Definitely one of those raw guys the team has drafted that has shown that he has potential unlike others lol

rossihunter2

Staff Member
The player we may need the most to breakout is BP(for you @allblackraven) but he may not even make it back to the field. And does he have the capabilities to breakout? IDK, I got nuthin’.

I’d like to se Maclin breakout of the funk he’s been in. Seems like he’s been playing scared, no passion like he had at first. Is his shoulder still bad? Is he nicked somewhere else? Whatever, maybe he’s saved himself for the December run and potentially the tournament. Start ballin’ please.

https://twitter.com/abukari

this twitter feed has a lot of interesting clipped video about maclin based off the last game

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'll put this out here I'm super super dissappointed in tim williams. Remember this guy isn;t a young rookie. He's 24. We need a new young, dominant pass rushing OLB. He looks like an average football player at best. If he was 21-22 i'd feel differently but you will seldom see a 24 year old rookie with this little impact amount to anything.

I think it's the guys TheCity5 has mentioned.

i really think he's not being used right - the only game where i havent noticed him in passing downs on his limited snaps was the last game against the lion - if im honest id be ok with timmy only getting like 15 snaps a game as long as all 15 snaps were pass snaps in the dime package on 3rd down but this coaching staff isnt using him situationally they are using him purely rotationally which is a mistake i think

Ludy51

Hall of Famer
I think Jaylen Hill will earn playing time in the slot. He has some of the best ball skills i've seen out of a rookie and things always seem to happen when he's on the field.

gtalk12

Ravens Ring of Honor
Chris Moore and Maxx Williams get my vote

My sleeper from the 9th gate of hell is Perriman.

Tank

Hall of Famer
https://twitter.com/abukari

this twitter feed has a lot of interesting clipped video about maclin based off the last game
Thanks. There were a couple of other Maclin things in the Lions game not shown there that were inexplicable. One of course being the pass on the game opening series that sailed through his hands. Another was him catching a pass in the open with plenty of room to move and he headed directly to the sidelines on the shortest angle possible rather than heading up field for some YAC.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I think Perriman should be used as a marker for the FO from here on end for everything you don't want in a 1st round WR

- Low football IQ
- Beta attitude
- Lousy Route runner
-Stone hands
- DO NOT LOOK AT 40 TIMES
-DO NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH RELIGIOUS INDOCTRINATION ( this one is for you harbaugh)

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Maurice Canady looks like a different player here compared to virginia. He was soft and tentative there. Here he flys around like a madman. I like it.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I think Perriman should be used as a marker for the FO from here on end for everything you don't want in a 1st round WR

- Low football IQ
- Beta attitude
- Lousy Route runner
-Stone hands
-DO NOT FALL IN LOVE WITH RELIGIOUS INDOCTRINATION ( this one is for you harbaugh)

i kind of agree - as much as i wanted perriman to succeed i was very wary of his rise up draft boards after his 40 time and "good attitude"

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor

- Low football IQ
- Beta attitude
- Lousy Route runner
-Stone hands
Christian Kirk is very religous. Should we not draft him. Then again, he really only checks 2 boxes from the mentioned above

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I cringed so much when harbaugh said I LOVE GOD, I LOVE AMERICA

Talk about being a brainwashed zombie of the highest order. I won't miss that drool when he's gone.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I'll put this out here I'm super super dissappointed in tim williams. Remember this guy isn;t a young rookie. He's 24. We need a new young, dominant pass rushing OLB. He looks like an average football player at best. If he was 21-22 i'd feel differently but you will seldom see a 24 year old rookie with this little impact amount to anything.

I think it's the guys TheCity5 has mentioned.
I just finished rewatching the game againts DET. He had a very good game and executed what he was asked to do. I noted 2 pass rush snaps worth noting for him:
One where he had a good bullrush (not great but still drove his man back a few steps) that didn't really impact Stafford has he dumped it off to his RB.
The other where he rushed outside and completely outrushed the OT and could have had a sack if not for the RB chipping.

Other than that he was asked to either hold the edge or drop into coverage, both of which he did at a respectable level.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I just finished rewatching the game againts DET. He had a very good game and executed what he was asked to do. I noted 2 pass rush snaps worth noting for him:
One where he had a good bullrush (not great but still drove his man back a few steps) that didn't really impact Stafford has he dumped it off to his RB.
The other where he rushed outside and completely outrushed the OT and could have had a sack if not for the RB chipping.

Other than that he was asked to either hold the edge or drop into coverage, both of which he did at a respectable level.

which smacks to me of total misuse - the lions werent even running the ball that much so the ravens would have literally had to put extra effort in to limit him to mostly run snaps

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
which smacks to me of total misuse - the lions werent even running the ball that much so the ravens would have literally had to put extra effort in to limit him to mostly run snaps
It's become a habit and although I have no idea why they do that the fact of the matter is they seem very focused to do so. I learned that during the Texans game when he was in on a 2nd and 8, but then after a false start it becomes 2nd and 13 so they remove him. I'll just shrug it off and wait for next year at this point.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
i really think he's not being used right - the only game where i havent noticed him in passing downs on his limited snaps was the last game against the lion - if im honest id be ok with timmy only getting like 15 snaps a game as long as all 15 snaps were pass snaps in the dime package on 3rd down but this coaching staff isnt using him situationally they are using him purely rotationally which is a mistake i think
I saw him a fair amount against the Texans and he just got washed out hard.