• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

First Up: @ Raiders

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm optimistic about the defense, but I don't feel comfortable about this matchup. As for our offense, it's like the song by Imagine Dragons: whatever it takes. I did not #SIIE Lamar's MVP for nothing. He shall absolutely dissect this defense whichever way works.

And Adam Schefter was moments away from me blocking him on IG with his post. Don't play with our emotions, Schefty.
Tonight Lamar Jackson proves conclusively he is the lone NFL megastar on the horizon. No one else is close to his Jordanesque presence.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
I will be highly surprised if Vegas' offense makes us look bad tonight. I don't expect a shutout by any stretch, but I don't think they should be able to run the ball, and their Oline was largely gutted since last season and I don't see it as better. They've got a bunch of young receivers but none have impressed, and Carr is mostly a statue back there. I expect us to be able to blitz and bring pressure often.

I have far less confidence in what our offense will look like.
I'm more concerned about our offense . I agree , i don't think the Raiders offense will embarrass us.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I'm optimistic about the defense, but I don't feel comfortable about this matchup. As for our offense, it's like the song by Imagine Dragons: whatever it takes. I did not #SIIE Lamar's MVP for nothing. He shall absolutely dissect this defense whichever way works.

And Adam Schefter was moments away from me blocking him on IG with his post. Don't play with our emotions, Schefty.
What did he say?

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I will be highly surprised if Vegas' offense makes us look bad tonight. I don't expect a shutout by any stretch, but I don't think they should be able to run the ball, and their Oline was largely gutted since last season and I don't see it as better. They've got a bunch of young receivers but none have impressed, and Carr is mostly a statue back there. I expect us to be able to blitz and bring pressure often.

I have far less confidence in what our offense will look like.
To me, I don't know how much improved their defense is compared to last season.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
What did he say?
Putting a picture of Lamar and having the word "positive" in the vicinity.

upload_2021-9-13_17-5-29.png

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
To me, I don't know how much improved their defense is compared to last season.
O I don't think the Raiders defense is anything more than average, and quite frankly, may not be any good to begin with. That still doesn't make me feel great about this offense.

I'm not expecting a Rams-like beating, but I'd be highly disappointed if we don't win this game by like 10-14 points or so. I would also certainly expect us to go run heavy in the 2nd half and wear them down.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Had my first Airbnb experience myself over the summer, AWESOME little canal condo in ocean city, the owners were awesome too, I think Airbnb is gonna be the way to go from now on.
Never used Airbnb but have rented all over the country for years using VRBO and have never had a dud. Guessing they are similar.

Tank

Hall of Famer
Didn’t we beat Dallas in the first game at their new stadium? Or maybe it was the last game at their old stadium(?).

Nurps

MVP
Didn’t we beat Dallas in the first game at their new stadium? Or maybe it was the last game at their old stadium(?).

We definitively shut down their old stadium. Back to back huge rushing TDs if I remember correctly.

jboy19

Pro Bowler
I feel good about the game. Not sure we’re going to see our regularly scheduled week 1 blowout, but I still think things will work out in the end. The only thing that actually scares me about the Raiders is Darren Waller and I think a healthy pass rush (vs a bad OL) is going to limit his production somewhat.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
I feel good about the game. Not sure we’re going to see our regularly scheduled week 1 blowout, but I still think things will work out in the end. The only thing that actually scares me about the Raiders is Darren Waller and I think a healthy pass rush (vs a bad OL) is going to limit his production somewhat.
Raiders were the first team to play us in our new gigs back when the Bank was opened.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Any given Sunday, we the fans root for our favorite team no matter the odds. Finally, this game will be played for 60 mins and the team with the most breaks, calls and big plays will win. That's just how it is in the NFL and will be for the foreseeable future. However, the only outlier for this crapshoot of an NFL matchup is the one man that plays QB. We have Lamar who in my view is the only player that can pull off a win all on his own. No, not Mahomes or anybody else. Mahomes if he is losing just has to hurl a throw deep and the best player on their roster Tyreek Hill will find it for a TD and win.