• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

First Up: @ Raiders

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
I expect this to be an ugly game unlike previous Lamar Jackson's national TV games. The offense, especially the run game will struggle to be in sync but the defense will overpower the Raiders and we win 19-6.

I fantasize however that this will be a total repeat of the MNF game against the Rams in 2019.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
Not sure what to expect this game, but my gut feeling says that we've got something to prove and will go out there guns blazing to show that we should not be taken lightly, in spite of all the injuries. I think the offense will likely sputter at times as they work through the kinks, but I'd be very surprised if we don't win by multiple scores.

Nurps

MVP
I expect this to be an ugly game unlike previous Lamar Jackson's national TV games. The offense, especially the run game will struggle to be in sync but the defense will overpower the Raiders and we win 19-6.

I fantasize however that this will be a total repeat of the MNF game against the Rams in 2019.

I had a Rams fan at my house for that game. That was quite fun.

Simba

Staff Member
we know 4 of the 5 lol - but yeah LG is either Powers or Phillips and we're not gonna know for sure until we line up for the 1st snap of the game - wont have any hints until warmups

I'd honestly be kind of surprised if it wasn't Phillips. Just feels a lot like the Bozeman year... he hadn't played much G at all in preseason but trotted out there as the starter in week 1. At least Phillips got some run there.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
we know 4 of the 5 lol - but yeah LG is either Powers or Phillips and we're not gonna know for sure until we line up for the 1st snap of the game - wont have any hints until warmups

Hahaha yeah but you knew what I meant! ^_^ I saw a tweet referencing Zeitlers comment about how big our line was in today's late for work. In that tweet it said Cleveland was the projected starter. It seems highly unlikely that would happen to me.

Edit: That was a Hensley tweet from August 19th. Not sure why they reshared that. Shouldn't be relevant at all

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
the Ravens are the only team in NFL history to win three consecutive season openers by 30 points or more.
2018 Ravens 47 Bills 3
2019 Ravens 59 Dolphins 10
2020 Ravens 38 Browns 6

here's one streak I hope continues

Simba

Staff Member
No real surprises, but sounds like it'll be Williams, Murray, and Cannon as the RBs tonight. We knew Bell wasn't going to be one until he gets in football shape. Freeman the odd man out.

Also sounds like Levine and Ellis will be the PS callups.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I'd honestly be kind of surprised if it wasn't Phillips. Just feels a lot like the Bozeman year... he hadn't played much G at all in preseason but trotted out there as the starter in week 1. At least Phillips got some run there.

i think phillips wins it outright (including playing the preseason snaps there) if he doesnt pick up that injury

i just worry with phillips about the timing of that injury and the live reps situation - but then again they've had 2 weeks since that game and as you say they've done it before...

id like it to be phillips but id understand if it were powers

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Hahaha yeah but you knew what I meant! ^_^ I saw a tweet referencing Zeitlers comment about how big our line was in today's late for work. In that tweet it said Cleveland was the projected starter. It seems highly unlikely that would happen to me.

Edit: That was a Hensley tweet from August 19th. Not sure why they reshared that. Shouldn't be relevant at all

i would be genuinely shocked if cleveland's the starter

Simba

Staff Member
Playing the roster games and I like it. Levine and Ellis probably to the 53 next week, but no guaranteed contracts to worry about now. Would only really have to clear room for Bateman, Boyle, and maybe Bell in time but have some time before that's a major need.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
I’m expecting our defense to immediately enter the conversation for best defense in the league tonight, I’m talking absolute dominance.

our offense I think will struggle overall to adjust, but superhuman efforts from Lamar Jackson and mark andrews will be the difference.

27-13 ravens
I'm optimistic about the defense, but I don't feel comfortable about this matchup. As for our offense, it's like the song by Imagine Dragons: whatever it takes. I did not #SIIE Lamar's MVP for nothing. He shall absolutely dissect this defense whichever way works.

And Adam Schefter was moments away from me blocking him on IG with his post. Don't play with our emotions, Schefty.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
Or do you think they rotate the LG even in the regular season? This situation makes me very queasy.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm optimistic about the defense, but I don't feel comfortable about this matchup. As for our offense, it's like the song by Imagine Dragons: whatever it takes. I did not #SIIE Lamar's MVP for nothing. He shall absolutely dissect this defense whichever way works.

And Adam Schefter was moments away from me blocking him on IG with his post. Don't play with our emotions, Schefty.
I will be highly surprised if Vegas' offense makes us look bad tonight. I don't expect a shutout by any stretch, but I don't think they should be able to run the ball, and their Oline was largely gutted since last season and I don't see it as better. They've got a bunch of young receivers but none have impressed, and Carr is mostly a statue back there. I expect us to be able to blitz and bring pressure often.

I have far less confidence in what our offense will look like.