• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Flex rant mock

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
assuming we beat 3 shit teams and make the playoffs and either get bounced or win one game... 2 scenarios here

Round 1:
A- courtland Sutton, wr, smu.
Maclin is a bust signing, as brittle as ever and he checked out long ago. He has no fire or desire whatsoever. Perriman is a bust, I'm done with him. Chris Moore is breaking out, but Wallace and maclin and perriman could all be gone soon. Sutton is a dez Bryant clone, despite his size he runs good routes, he is a very big and physical guy with superb hands and ball tracking and attacking, he runs a pretty full route tree, and he has surprising speed and shiftiness that will keep DBs on their heels and allow him to get deep fast enough to highpoint down the field.

B- best DB available. It won't be Fitzpatrick for sure. I like Ronnie Harrison a lot, he's rangy and plays like an enforcer, and he doesn't have the pass rush that past Alabama DBs have had and he still holds up. He can play either safety spot at a high level, defend the run, breakup passes at every level, and with weddle falling off and Jefferson looking like a weak signing aside from like 2 games, we may need a safety. Carlton Davis is another guy, he is a shutdown man corner, he can press and play the ball extremely well, he doesn't get beat when he is in position which is often.

Round2:
A- Hayden hurst, TE, SC.
If we're gonna go offense, load up. Maxx is a bust, Boyle is a non factor as a receiver, Watson is a dinosaur. Andrews will be gone by this point, but hurst can be special. He's gonna be an older rookie, but he's been a full time athlete before in the minor leagues so the adjustment period will be minimal, he has a gronklike skill set, he is a behemoth and a hell of an athlete and he rumbles down the field and dares a motherfucker to approach him, he can be a very dangerous weapon as a guy who can make freakish catches but also turn routine catches into monster gains with his great ability to break tackles and get upfield quickly.

B- if we go defense, we need to follow up with offense, so I'm gonna take the best WR available. Anthony miller is still a draft crush, I like his high volume ability, and his ability to always make himself available, and obviously his ultra competitiveness. He's got a clutch gene, he makes tough catches despite being small, and he is the second best route runner in the class. Equanimeous st brown is in a football family and the talent comes natural, he may be the best high pointing wr in this class, with his great length and athleticism he leaps out the stadium and makes tough catches, he is lanky but he has a good route game and niftiness that can give him the upper hand and avoid the physical game when he can't muscle up with guys(he needs to improve this). Deon Cain is as well rounded as they come, great speed, great quickness, good size, good hands, very physical, and just a good all around wr, he isn't getting much hype but he should be.

3rd round:
A- Jaylen Dunlap, CB, Illinois.
Long, athletic, high upside corner prospect. We develop corner talent incredibly well and this is the kind of guy we want. He stays on guys hips with his good quickness and great speed, can make up for lost ground, and uses his length to break up passes. Classic mid round high upside pick and on a team that develops cb talent well yet still needs a cb.

B- Braden Smith, OL, Auburn.
RT build, guard skill set. He could potentially start at LG day one and perform well. James hurst may have hurt us for years only to play himself into a nice payday this year, typical. I sill wanna see Alex Lewis at RT, this guy holds up in pass pro on the inside, and gets a respectable amount of push. With his build, he can develop his game and become a classic 2 position guy who starts and plays solid at one. Valuable depth and decent starter at G.

4th round coming soon. Started writing this while I was waiting for my work day to start and then it started lol.

The Greek

Veteran
assuming we beat 3 shit teams and make the playoffs and either get bounced or win one game... 2 scenarios here

Round 1:
A- courtland Sutton, wr, smu.
Maclin is a bust signing, as brittle as ever and he checked out long ago. He has no fire or desire whatsoever. Perriman is a bust, I'm done with him. Chris Moore is breaking out, but Wallace and maclin and perriman could all be gone soon. Sutton is a dez Bryant clone, despite his size he runs good routes, he is a very big and physical guy with superb hands and ball tracking and attacking, he runs a pretty full route tree, and he has surprising speed and shiftiness that will keep DBs on their heels and allow him to get deep fast enough to highpoint down the field.

B- best DB available. It won't be Fitzpatrick for sure. I like Ronnie Harrison a lot, he's rangy and plays like an enforcer, and he doesn't have the pass rush that past Alabama DBs have had and he still holds up. He can play either safety spot at a high level, defend the run, breakup passes at every level, and with weddle falling off and Jefferson looking like a weak signing aside from like 2 games, we may need a safety. Carlton Davis is another guy, he is a shutdown man corner, he can press and play the ball extremely well, he doesn't get beat when he is in position which is often.

Round2:
A- Hayden hurst, TE, SC.
If we're gonna go offense, load up. Maxx is a bust, Boyle is a non factor as a receiver, Watson is a dinosaur. Andrews will be gone by this point, but hurst can be special. He's gonna be an older rookie, but he's been a full time athlete before in the minor leagues so the adjustment period will be minimal, he has a gronklike skill set, he is a behemoth and a hell of an athlete and he rumbles down the field and dares a motherfucker to approach him, he can be a very dangerous weapon as a guy who can make freakish catches but also turn routine catches into monster gains with his great ability to break tackles and get upfield quickly.

B- if we go defense, we need to follow up with offense, so I'm gonna take the best WR available. Anthony miller is still a draft crush, I like his high volume ability, and his ability to always make himself available, and obviously his ultra competitiveness. He's got a clutch gene, he makes tough catches despite being small, and he is the second best route runner in the class. Equanimeous st brown is in a football family and the talent comes natural, he may be the best high pointing wr in this class, with his great length and athleticism he leaps out the stadium and makes tough catches, he is lanky but he has a good route game and niftiness that can give him the upper hand and avoid the physical game when he can't muscle up with guys(he needs to improve this). Deon Cain is as well rounded as they come, great speed, great quickness, good size, good hands, very physical, and just a good all around wr, he isn't getting much hype but he should be.

3rd round:
A- Jaylen Dunlap, CB, Illinois.
Long, athletic, high upside corner prospect. We develop corner talent incredibly well and this is the kind of guy we want. He stays on guys hips with his good quickness and great speed, can make up for lost ground, and uses his length to break up passes. Classic mid round high upside pick and on a team that develops cb talent well yet still needs a cb.

B- Braden Smith, OL, Auburn.
RT build, guard skill set. He could potentially start at LG day one and perform well. James hurst may have hurt us for years only to play himself into a nice payday this year, typical. I sill wanna see Alex Lewis at RT, this guy holds up in pass pro on the inside, and gets a respectable amount of push. With his build, he can develop his game and become a classic 2 position guy who starts and plays solid at one. Valuable depth and decent starter at G.

4th round coming soon. Started writing this while I was waiting for my work day to start and then it started lol.
solid choices!! i think we definitely draft a cb in the 1st or 2nd. brittle jimmy seems to always not be around for the stretch run/playoffs aside from the superbowl 2012. we could have used him last night. need to find suggs potential replacement as well

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Im not totally sold on Sutton. I worry because there are times in games where he just disapears. Plus, i hate taking recievers in round 1. Lets stick with what were good at and draft defense

Not saying we dont need recievers cause we do. I just think we can find productive guys outside of round 1.

The Greek

Veteran
Im not totally sold on Sutton. I worry because there are times in games where he just disapears. Plus, i hate taking recievers in round 1. Lets stick with what were good at and draft defense

Not saying we dont need recievers cause we do. I just think we can find productive guys outside of round 1.
i agree with not drafting one in the 1st round but the problem is we have not been able to develop any. torrey was serviceable and im hoping chris moore can continue improving

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
i agree with not drafting one in the 1st round but the problem is we have not been able to develop any. torrey was serviceable and im hoping chris moore can continue improving
So why try and develop them? Get the ones who have proved they can play. We've done a good job at that other than Maclin

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
solid choices!! i think we definitely draft a cb in the 1st or 2nd. brittle jimmy seems to always not be around for the stretch run/playoffs aside from the superbowl 2012. we could have used him last night. need to find suggs potential replacement as well
not a chance we draft a cb this high. We need offensive playmakers. I'd see a mid round cb coming into the fold though.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

I will never be on the bandwagon of not drafting a first round wr because we've failed in the past. Travis Taylor was nearly 20 years ago, mark Clayton was a solid receiver and led the franchise in 100 yard games and was a solid deep threat in the few years he had good qb play(also looked like a world beater in StL before his torn ACL that forced his retirement) and injuries and poor system/qb play doomed him. Breshad Perriman had questions of mental capacity and drops and we drafted him anyway and now he's suffering from those exact things. That doesn't mean the ravens are inherently bad at it, it means that they had bad luck with one and they got enamored with the speed of another, and it definitely doesn't mean you ignore the position altogether because then you will never have cheap wr talent, a reckless idea. If courtland Sutton doesn't have the dumbassedness and brick hands of breshad Perriman then why should we avoid him and cite Perriman as the reason? 2 totally different wr prospects.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I dont trust any reciever in the first other than Ridley. Sutton is too raw for us to develop
Sutton isn't nearly as raw as you make him out to be. He made massive leaps this season from last, and has vastly improved his route game. I had the same mindset until I watched his 2017 film.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I will never be on the bandwagon of not drafting a first round wr because we've failed in the past. Travis Taylor was nearly 20 years ago, mark Clayton was a solid receiver and led the franchise in 100 yard games and was a solid deep threat in the few years he had good qb play(also looked like a world beater in StL before his torn ACL that forced his retirement) and injuries and poor system/qb play doomed him. Breshad Perriman had questions of mental capacity and drops and we drafted him anyway and now he's suffering from those exact things. That doesn't mean the ravens are inherently bad at it, it means that they had bad luck with one and they got enamored with the speed of another, and it definitely doesn't mean you ignore the position altogether because then you will never have cheap wr talent, a reckless idea. If courtland Sutton doesn't have the dumbassedness and brick hands of breshad Perriman then why should we avoid him and cite Perriman as the reason? 2 totally different wr prospects.
Its not only the idea of US drafting a reciever in the first round but the idea of drafting a 1st round reciever period. They dont always pan out and you can find great recievers later on in rounds. Juju went in the second, so did Kupp, and theyve been very productive. More so than Corey Davis, Mike Williams, and John Ross combined. Besides, having great WRs isnt the way we win games here. We might end up winning 10 games this year and make the playoffs with arguably the worst recieving corps in the NFL. We dont need great players at WR just reliable ones

Like Mason, Boldin, SSS, and Torrey were for us in the past. They werent the best when they were here; they were damn sure reliable though

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sutton isn't nearly as raw as you make him out to be. He made massive leaps this season from last, and has vastly improved his route game. I had the same mindset until I watched his 2017 film.
I have watched his 2017 tape and I fully agree that hes made leaps and bounds when it comes to route running and YAC (id still say hes a little raw for a senior) but he still manages to disapear in games. Not sure if its by design or not but hes had 4 games this year with 2 or less catches. Thats not good for a guy who plays in a bad conference

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
No WR projects. Fuck drafting WR's. Just get proven good ones..fuck get two ..get robinson and landry. Go ILB in first...get will Hernandez in the 2nd at guard.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Its not only the idea of US drafting a reciever in the first round but the idea of drafting a 1st round reciever period. They dont always pan out and you can find great recievers later on in rounds. Juju went in the second, so did Kupp, and theyve been very productive. More so than Corey Davis, Mike Williams, and John Ross combined. Besides, having great WRs isnt the way we win games here. We might end up winning 10 games this year and make the playoffs with arguably the worst recieving corps in the NFL. We dont need great players at WR just reliable ones

Like Mason, Boldin, SSS, and Torrey were for us in the past. They werent the best when they were here; they were damn sure reliable though
This argument applies to literally every other position and for that reason we should forfeit our first rounder every year I suppose?

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
This argument applies to literally every other position and for that reason we should forfeit our first rounder every year I suppose?
Lol well the Patriots seem to be doing pretty well without their first round pick. Jk i know what your saying. I think it all comes down to value of position. QB, LT, and Corner are at the top of the list for us, just wonder where WR is on that list

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Lol well the Patriots seem to be doing pretty well without their first round pick. Jk i know what your saying. I think it all comes down to value of position. QB, LT, and Corner are at the top of the list for us, just wonder where WR is on that list
LT? We have Ronnie Stanley who has been stellar aside from a few minor missteps for 2 seasons.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
LT? We have Ronnie Stanley who has been stellar aside from a few minor missteps for 2 seasons.
I wasnt saying what we need. Just what we prioritize. We have starters at all 3 so obviously we wont be looking hard for one unless we fear Jimmy Smith wont be the same

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
We have to somehow find inside pass rush. Draft or FA, I don't care. Both will be the best probably. If we don't have that, we then need 2 or 3 Sizzles and those don't grow on trees.

Inside LB and TE, too.

And Ronnie Harrison, obviously.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
We have to somehow find inside pass rush. Draft or FA, I don't care. Both will be the best probably. If we don't have that, we then need 2 or 3 Sizzles and those don't grow on trees.

Inside LB and TE, too.

And Ronnie Harrison, obviously.
Hercules Mata'afa is really interesting. Hes undersized for a DT but hes so quick and explosive. Im not sure what kind of role hed have in the NFL. Hes just so disruptive on film. You cant deny his production either.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Hercules Mata'afa is really interesting. Hes undersized for a DT but hes so quick and explosive. Im not sure what kind of role hed have in the NFL. Hes just so disruptive on film. You cant deny his production either.
EJZRv.gif

I'm in. Watched the film already.