• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Flex rant mock

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Its not just because or OUR track record. Just the track record of every reciever in the NFL.

sorry that's what i meant - i meant there's no point hesitating on a receiver in the first round just because they are a receiver...

and if anything id say receiver is less of a bust rate in recent history than offensive line or defensive back for example...

we will pick BPA and im hoping that a receiver is an option there but im also not condoning a reach - also not condoning passing on a receiver just because of the LEAGUE's track record in the 1st round (which im not sure is actually that bad)

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
sorry that's what i meant - i meant there's no point hesitating on a receiver in the first round just because they are a receiver...

and if anything id say receiver is less of a bust rate in recent history than offensive line or defensive back for example...

we will pick BPA and im hoping that a receiver is an option there but im also not condoning a reach - also not condoning passing on a receiver just because of the LEAGUE's track record in the 1st round (which im not sure is actually that bad)
I just dont see many that are truly deserving of a first round grade. Ridley yes for sure, Sutton has potential but is inconsistent, other than that. I cant say for certain any one else is worthy

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I just dont see many that are truly deserving of a first round grade. Ridley yes for sure, Sutton has potential but is inconsistent, other than that. I cant say for certain any one else is worthy

that may be true and from what ive heard from multiple guys on this board looks entirely possible - then again im gonna wait to see how my big board winds up this offseason before making judgements like that lol especially as ive watched hardly any film outside of live games

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
IlB is probably a more important position than most of those, other than Corner. We wont be spending a 1st round pick on a G or TE, not sure about 5T either.

What dont you like about Kiser???
I just don't see some spectacular talent worth taking in the first when looking at the rest of the class and our needs

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just don't see some spectacular talent worth taking in the first when looking at the rest of the class and our needs
True. I do question his ability to stay on the feild all 3 downs but hes a true mike linebacker who stuffs the run. Doesnt miss tackles often, dependable (never missed a start), high IQ, hard worker, student of the game who studies a ton of film. A fantastic blitzer as well (19 sacks in 3 years) He checks all boxes off the feild as he has the highest GPA on the team. To top it all off....hes from Baltimore. He can probably got late first round but he would be a steal in the second.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
True. I do question his ability to stay on the feild all 3 downs but hes a true mike linebacker who stuffs the run. Doesnt miss tackles often, dependable (never missed a start), high IQ, hard worker, student of the game who studies a ton of film. A fantastic blitzer as well (19 sacks in 3 years) He checks all boxes off the feild as he has the highest GPA on the team. To top it all off....hes from Baltimore. He can probably got late first round but he would be a steal in the second.
Mosley struggles in coverage unless it's a zone drop and they're running a seam, he gets worked in man and on crossing routes, I'll take a coverage linebacker please lol. Not to mention evans is also a natural edge rusher, and not just a blitzer. He and bowser on the field together would create havoc

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Mosley struggles in coverage unless it's a zone drop and they're running a seam, he gets worked in man and on crossing routes, I'll take a coverage linebacker please lol. Not to mention evans is also a natural edge rusher, and not just a blitzer. He and bowser on the field together would create havoc

its crazy because in a zone drop mosley has an unreal ability to read the qb and see whats around him and even behind him and use his wingspan to affect the game and yet in man he's so beatable

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
That would be fun to see. Especially with Pees gone next year (hopefully) we'll use those 2 on the feild dropping one and rushing the other. Theyll never know whos comming and both excel in coverage.

The Greek

Veteran
not a chance we draft a cb this high. We need offensive playmakers. I'd see a mid round cb coming into the fold though.
this is ozzie we are talking about. if we had brittle jimmy sunday night we most likely beat the steelers. carr was torched all night and brittle jimmy is has not been around for the end of the season/playoffs for years now. if a cb falls too us that is bpa than ozzie drafts him. i believe he will address the receiver position in free agency or make a trade for one like we did for boldin. jaguars are loaded with receivers and maybe they would trade allen robinson

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Anyone else for Hernandez at LG in the 2nd round?
I like Will Hernandez but hes basically what we got in Nico Siragusa last year. They are very similar players, id prefer Braden Smith. Hes not as much of a phone booth and is a better puller than the two.

Wasnt Hernandez PFF highest graded run blocker last year too?

Last edited:

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
I like Will Hernandez but hes basically what we got in Nico Siragusa last year. They are very similar players, id prefer Braden Smith. Hes not as much of a phone booth and is a better puller than the two.

problem with siragusa is that his injury was absolutley devestating and there's no assurance he'll be able to play at the level he could have. ACL,MCL and PCL all torn.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
problem with siragusa is that his injury was absolutley devestating and there's no assurance he'll be able to play at the level he could have. ACL,MCL and PCL all torn.
Ya i do worry about that...but with the things we know today its not impossible to come back