• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Enlighten Me (Salary Cap)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
its a nice tool though - already demonstrates to me how great oz and the front office are coz ive just spent 30 minutes resigning/extending/cutting guys and at the end of it all im only 3mill under the cap which leaves no room for free agents lol - and yet this is more cap space than we normally have as a franchise to work with and we brought in 3/4 big free agent signings

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
its a nice tool though - already demonstrates to me how great oz and the front office are coz ive just spent 30 minutes resigning/extending/cutting guys and at the end of it all im only 3mill under the cap which leaves no room for free agents lol - and yet this is more cap space than we normally have as a franchise to work with and we brought in 3/4 big free agent signings
Ya i just tried it lol. Damn near impossible.i tried to restructure everyone it seemed. Still couldnt get much space

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Ya i just tried it lol. Damn near impossible.i tried to restructure everyone it seemed. Still couldnt get much space

Cuts are the only way. Fuck Flacco and Fuck this front office for somehow being in the bottom 4 every year in cap with the least amount of talent to show for it.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
im horrified about what contract this FO are going to hand out CJ. They will pay him like he's luke kuechly x2

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
haha i did cut a load of people - i did resign jensen and extend jimmy and CJ and i imagine i didnt disperse the cap hit well like our front office would
Why extend Jimmy? I also noticed that if we cut Mosely theres no dead cap and we save 8.7m lol could probably get a good offer in trading him too. I know we wont but its interesting to note.

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
Cuts are the only way. Fuck Flacco and Fuck this front office for somehow being in the bottom 4 every year in cap with the least amount of talent to show for it.
The front office really had no choice. Either way weve always built through the draft and signed cheap free agents. Its been the ravens way for a long time. Not sure why your so frustrated by it

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
jimmy has an outrageous cap hit next year - we'd extend him to even out his cap hits and lower them so its not awful
Id just restructure. Not sure i want to extend him when hes shown he cant stay healthy. The more you extend, the more you push the dead money back, the more it hurts you in the future. And Jimmy will fall off a cliff eventually.....unfortunetly

Ravensnation5220

Ravens Ring of Honor
im horrified about what contract this FO are going to hand out CJ. They will pay him like he's luke kuechly x2
Tbf i dont think we extend him this offseason. Unless he takes the deal they offer him which if he waits he could make more next year

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Id just restructure. Not sure i want to extend him when hes shown he cant stay healthy. The more you extend, the more you push the dead money back, the more it hurts you in the future. And Jimmy will fall off a cliff eventually.....unfortunetly

it would be ridiculous to let him play on his current contract - im not saying give him another mega multi year deal im saying extend him a couple of extra years to reduce his cap hits and make him cuttable after 2/3 more years because at the moment his cap hits for the next 2 years are prohibitive...

jimmy has an outrageous cap hit next year - we'd extend him to even out his cap hits and lower them so its not awful
Extending him is a bad idea considering that he has not been able to stay healthy. His shelf life is not particularly strong for a CB and he's coming off another season ending injury. I think the Ravens might be forced to eat that high cap number.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Extending him is a bad idea considering that he has not been able to stay healthy. His shelf life is not particularly strong for a CB and he's coming off another season ending injury. I think the Ravens might be forced to eat that high cap number.

which is why you extend him - to make his cap hits more appropriate for a corner that cannot be relied upon... and you can still essentially get rid of him in virtually the same timeframe as without extending him

i dont see how we can not extend him given his cap hits in 2018 and 2019

Oldfaithful

Hall of Famer
We get rid of Maclin, Carr, McCllenen, Darren Waller, Maxx Williams, Buck Allen, and we suddenly have $22 million to play with.

It's almost as if we're not totally fucked next offseason cap wise. We could literally clear up $13 million in one day.

We then extend CJ to spread out the cap room, and Jimmy as @rossihunter2 suggests.. .

Boom. Metric fuckload of money to play with while keeping all of the key guys. Jensen can be resigned(Ozzie will do a backloaded deal) and we could pull off a big contract with that(we did more with less last offseason), so a Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson, etc. Maybe also get an ILB this way.

We did more with less this offseason.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
We get rid of Maclin, Carr, McCllenen, Darren Waller, Maxx Williams, Buck Allen, and we suddenly have $22 million to play with.

It's almost as if we're not totally fucked next offseason cap wise. We could literally clear up $13 million in one day.

We then extend CJ to spread out the cap room, and Jimmy as @rossihunter2 suggests.. .

Boom. Metric fuckload of money to play with while keeping all of the key guys. Jensen can be resigned(Ozzie will do a backloaded deal) and we could pull off a big contract with that(we did more with less last offseason), so a Jarvis Landry, Allen Robinson, etc. Maybe also get an ILB this way.

McCllenen does not play for Ravens :p

We could also add $2M cap savings by trading/cutting KC and Perriman.

rossihunter2

Staff Member

not sure i can see us cutting maxx and buck just because they are cheap options with some value and mclellan maybe gets cut because of the 80/20 and the great way special teams have played this year without him

and i posit that we are gonna lose a chunk of that 20mill on jensen (and wallace?), tendering erfas (collins, skura, onwuasor, mayle, price, ortiz), maybe we resign watson and urban and camp + around 5 mill for all the rookies... that eats a surprising amount of cap all told