• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Pass rushers

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Depending on where we are picking I’d be ok trad8ng back into the 2nd. I don’t think there is much difference e between latter 3rd first round to top 2/3rds of the 2nd.
Agreed. I like the idea of trading back early second with Christian Kirk in mind. I don't see a rise coming for him.

While there are always draft day surprises and slides, at this point in time, Evans SHOULD not be there in the first round for the Ravens. If things go like they SHOULD, he SHOULD go in the top 10.
Talent wise absolutely he should. The media hasn't caught on though, once I start seeing him get media hype and getting projected top 10 then I'll agree with you there

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Agreed. I like the idea of trading back early second with Christian Kirk in mind. I don't see a rise coming for him.

Talent wise absolutely he should. The media hasn't caught on though, once I start seeing him get media hype and getting projected top 10 then I'll agree with you there

I like Anthony Miller as well and feel he will be there in the 2nd unless he he starts to get hyped up after the combine.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer

I mean, who cares what the media says? NFL teams see everything that the media sees and don't see. They don't give a rats ass about the media's projections.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I mean, who cares what the media says? NFL teams see everything that the media sees and don't see. They don't give a rats ass about the media's projections.
The only thing that might drop him is the state of his body. Foster should have been top 10 pick easy, barely made it to the 1st.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
I'm just stunned there already wasn't a passrusher thread.

I say go small school. 5th rd cuz I want some offense dammit.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
How? It's all fixed and he's balling. You don't pass on talent like that - might be top ILB that came out of Alabama, and there's been some great ones - because you might lose half of his rookie season.
Well, he's 6'0 ft, he had shoulder problems and several injuries this year, is known for recklessly throwing his body around. I'm not a hater, he was my pick as the LAC in the forum mock, but FOs were right to be careful with him, as they were careful with Allen.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Oh I know. I'm sure once the media dunces hear rumblings about Evans his stock will suddenly shoot up

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I knew you would
Yeahh I was against another LB but the pitt game changed my mind, and Rahsaan Evans is my kinda player. Explosive and versatile with a high IQ. I like him for the same reasons that I LOVED tyus bowser. Explosive and rangy hustler who can edge rush and play multiple spots

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
For Kirk, I can actually see him rising up and getting picked somewhere in the second half of the first, possibly before the Ravens. He's going to be one of those guys that puts up big numbers at the combine.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Yeahh I was against another LB but the pitt game changed my mind, and Rahsaan Evans is my kinda player. Explosive and versatile with a high IQ. I like him for the same reasons that I LOVED tyus bowser. Explosive and rangy hustler who can edge rush and play multiple spots
He's also perhaps the most violent player I've ever scouted. The most impressive play I've seen all year was from him. He met a blocker on a run play, and he came at the blocker with a big shoulder hit. At the end of the play you see the OL crawling in pain. I was like «What? That never happens».
I think a guy like that makes our front seven fearsome.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I like Duke Ejiofor a lot. He's long, strong, he has a great spin move and a nice repertoire overall. He's a little stiff but I'd take him hoping to find McPhee 2.0

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
He's also perhaps the most violent player I've ever scouted. The most impressive play I've seen all year was from him. He met a blocker on a run play, and he came at the blocker with a big shoulder hit. At the end of the play you see the OL crawling in pain. I was like «What? That never happens».
I think a guy like that makes our front seven fearsome.
Burfict was and still is the most violent player I've ever scouted, his dirty reputation didn't just come outta nowhere lol. Joey bosa was violent as fuck too, he just ragdolled the shit outta everyone he faced

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Burfict was and still is the most violent player I've ever scouted, his dirty reputation didn't just come outta nowhere lol. Joey bosa was violent as fuck too, he just ragdolled the shit outta everyone he faced
I didn't get to scout Burfict, but I can definitely imagine. I don't recall Bosa being a violent guy but then again, I was really wet behind the ears as a scout back then.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I didn't get to scout Burfict, but I can definitely imagine. I don't recall Bosa being a violent guy but then again, I was really wet behind the ears as a scout back then.
He was violent with blockers but he wasn't bringing the heat and knocking heads off with his tackles, but when he engaged a blocker and it came time to break off and go for the ball, that mofo used to rip and punch so damn hard he made D1 tackles look like little kids and toss em around