• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Pass rushers

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
i dnt know if de is one of our needs but man arden key is gonna be nice
After taking a look at him a while back I wasn't a fan, I've changed my mind on guys before a million times, maybe I change my mind on him after another look.

One things for sure though, former top 10 projected guy is now being rumored to be falling, it's worth a look now

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
After taking a look at him a while back I wasn't a fan, I've changed my mind on guys before a million times, maybe I change my mind on him after another look.

One things for sure though, former top 10 projected guy is now being rumored to be falling, it's worth a look now
If it's to use him as a run defender or drop him in coverage no thanks.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
If it's to use him as a run defender or drop him in coverage no thanks.
I took another look and I just see the same thing as before. Unrefined, skinny, and for his size you would really wanna see a better first step and general quickness. He's got an average first step, long lumbering strides, I haven't seen any quality edge bending, disengages, nothing. I don't understand why this guy ever had hype.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I took another look and I just see the same thing as before. Unrefined, skinny, and for his size you would really wanna see a better first step and general quickness. He's got an average first step, long lumbering strides, I haven't seen any quality edge bending, disengages, nothing. I don't understand why this guy ever had hype.
We'll get to that at some point but as a pass rusher he's good. But that's it. So this FO will ruin him.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
We'll get to that at some point but as a pass rusher he's good. But that's it. So this FO will ruin him.
I barely see a good pass rusher with him. His pass rush looks average at the absolute best and I don't see the future upside to justify the pick either

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I barely see a good pass rusher with him. His pass rush looks average at the absolute best and I don't see the future upside to justify the pick either
I tend to agree, but I can also understand the opposing argument. His length is freaky and when he gets his hans well placed he can really control his guy. His bend isn't elite but he still gets low and doesn't give a great area for the OT to place his hands. I think he is far from elite, he is pretty raw, and I question his competitiveness. However the tools are there and he could be a Robert Quinn clone.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I tend to agree, but I can also understand the opposing argument. His length is freaky and when he gets his hans well placed he can really control his guy. His bend isn't elite but he still gets low and doesn't give a great area for the OT to place his hands. I think he is far from elite, he is pretty raw, and I question his competitiveness. However the tools are there and he could be a Robert Quinn clone.
I think Quinn even as an old man has far better burst than key, at least in regard to his first step

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Damn we really need to get that pass rush going. Letting Tyus and Timmy loose would help but you can bank on it that we're going to add to the front seven in the draft.

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
I fail to see why our pass rush is so bad. Judon and Suggs are incredibly elite. Will Henry is also great. I feel we have like 5 sacks total not off blitzes or amazing pressure

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
Would you guys be ready to spend a first round pick on a pass rusher? Guys like Harold Landry or Clelin Ferell could be there, or maybe Taven Bryan could be a choice, he's a terror inside and looks unstoppable at times.

If any if those guys is there, would you pull the trigger and hope he can be the constently dominant pass rusher we lack?

purplepittabread88

Staff Member
Administrator
Would you guys be ready to spend a first round pick on a pass rusher? Guys like Harold Landry or Clelin Ferell could be there, or maybe Taven Bryan could be a choice, he's a terror inside and looks unstoppable at times.

If any if those guys is there, would you pull the trigger and hope he can be the constently dominant pass rusher we lack?
Only if they are an interior rusher. It is way to early to just give up on Tim Williams and Tyus. One of them will be a great pair with Judon.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer

I wouldn't be against a 1st round pass rusher. If Williams, Bowser, and Judon continue to improve, we could have a good pass rush.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
Damn we really need to get that pass rush going. Letting Tyus and Timmy loose would help but you can bank on it that we're going to add to the front seven in the draft.
I really wonder if Tyus would excel at ILB. It would help #1 because that would add more pass rush ability in the middles and #2 his coverage skills are off the chart. I think he would give a whole different dimension on defense. But I also like the idea of hoping he settles in on the edge to eventually take a big role on the edge.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I really wonder if Tyus would excel at ILB. It would help #1 because that would add more pass rush ability in the middles and #2 his coverage skills are off the chart. I think he would give a whole different dimension on defense. But I also like the idea of hoping he settles in on the edge to eventually take a big role on the edge.

What’s clear to me is that tyus is good enough that he has a role in the future - this isn’t ever gonna be a kamalei Correa situation where he doesn’t have a role