• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Indianapolis

KC's offence is clicking again but is still pretty tentative and fragile - tyreek hill worries me because i dont wanna see him 1v1 vs brandon carr at all but i dont see much out of kareem hunt that scares me vs our defensive front which means alex smith is gonna be forced to beat us through the air

and KC's defence is a mess but it is much better at arrowhead than it is elsewhere...

Exactly, there are things that I see can be somewhat worrisome such as Kelce, Hill and Smith but against their defense I see our offense being able to run the ball and control the game to our liking. Our defense doesn't necessarily match up well against their offense but I definitely like our chances to get a few stops as our offense does enough to get us a win.

Against Jacksonville I see a defensive slugfest that has the potential to get ugly. I can see their defense shutting down our offense relatively easy and their offense being able to do enough against our sometimes leak defense

DeVito52

Ravens Ring of Honor
KC's offence is clicking again but is still pretty tentative and fragile - tyreek hill worries me because i dont wanna see him 1v1 vs brandon carr at all but i dont see much out of kareem hunt that scares me vs our defensive front which means alex smith is gonna be forced to beat us through the air

and KC's defence is a mess but it is much better at arrowhead than it is elsewhere...
Hunt is very good after contact and catching the ball out of the backfield, he’s a force.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I was looking at the Colts forum. It was amusing to see almost every single colt fan is rooting for a Baltimore victory. In part because they'll get a top 3 draft pick and in another part they believe we are the only team capable of going up to Foxboro and beating up on the Pats! Go Ravens!
http://forums.colts.com/topic/55385-colts-vs-baltimore/

christ i didnt realise how much candour those fans had - some of them were talking about how the colts should still be in baltimore and how they took our team so they owe us this win lol

im surprised how self-aware they are given that you dont see many fans here openly apologetic towards cleveland fans

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
christ i didnt realise how much candour those fans had - some of them were talking about how the colts should still be in baltimore and how they took our team so they owe us this win lol

im surprised how self-aware they are given that you dont see many fans here openly apologetic towards cleveland fans
We aren't the Baltimore Browns, but the Baltimore Ravens. We don't wear brown jerseys secondly. Whereas they aren't the Indianapolis 'something'. They are the Indianapolis 'COLTS'. Their logo is the same exact logo of the Baltimore Colts logo. I think these two differences should help explain their candor.

Like I said the Ravens will win this game 37-6. In my pick em pool they ask a question every week who will score the least amount of points each week. This week I picked the Colts cause I don't see them doing anything on offense with how good your defense is.

Tank

Hall of Famer

The only similarity between the two moves are the teams moved. Not going into all of the minutia but it’s safe to say the situations were completely different.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I was looking at the Colts forum. It was amusing to see almost every single colt fan is rooting for a Baltimore victory. In part because they'll get a top 3 draft pick and in another part they believe we are the only team capable of going up to Foxboro and beating up on the Pats! Go Ravens!
I love that we have this reputation and every fan base in the league realizes this except for the pats fans. The fact that we always have been Brady's kryptonite is just one of the charms of being a ravens fan.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer

Colts moved their history to Indy, the browns kept their history in Cleveland, the ravens came to Baltimore with nothing but a new-ish gm in ozzie newsome and a weak roster. Baltimore was denied a team over and over while Jacksonville and Carolina got a team instead, we were spit on by the league, while Cleveland was promised a new team. The Irsays wanted a new stadium and all and they didn't get it, modell wanted the same, both packed up and left because of a lack of support from their cities, but the difference is the treatment each city got from the NFL after the moves. Cleveland was shit on by modell and rightfully so, Baltimore was shit on by everyone BUT modell.

Sami84

Ravens Ring of Honor
Sam Koch and Justin Tucker are a blessing. It doesn't matter I would rather them be at home with their families than playing in that trash game.

471747760_594_screen.jpg

Tank

Hall of Famer
Colts moved their history to Indy, the browns kept their history in Cleveland, the ravens came to Baltimore with nothing but a new-ish gm in ozzie newsome and a weak roster. Baltimore was denied a team over and over while Jacksonville and Carolina got a team instead, we were spit on by the league, while Cleveland was promised a new team. The Irsays wanted a new stadium and all and they didn't get it, modell wanted the same, both packed up and left because of a lack of support from their cities, but the difference is the treatment each city got from the NFL after the moves. Cleveland was shit on by modell and rightfully so, Baltimore was shit on by everyone BUT modell.
Yeah, not quite that simple with the stadium things, but all is really needed to know about the moves is that Irsay was a complete ass and Modell was a stand up guy and true innovator in promoting the NFL.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor

I really like the following colts fan comment....

Jared Cisneros
Posted Monday at 11:18 PM

Baltimore is fighting to make the playoffs right now. They are motivated to tear us apart while we have pretty much packed it in. This should be somewhat of a blowout. Ravens win 30-13, and we secure a top draft pick. Only thing I'm worried about is the Texans in week 17 where we might pull off a win and hurt our draft position a little. This game is pretty cut and dry IMO though.

^^ You got that right colty-boy. WE ARE MOTIVATED TO TEAR Y'ALL APART! So, on Saturday, don't fight it....just give into it!

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator

Yes, but when the team moved from Cleveland to Baltimore, some fans were openly hesitant, even though it wasn’t the same thing at all.

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
We aren't the Baltimore Browns, but the Baltimore Ravens. We don't wear brown jerseys secondly. Whereas they aren't the Indianapolis 'something'. They are the Indianapolis 'COLTS'. Their logo is the same exact logo of the Baltimore Colts logo. I think these two differences should help explain their candor.
Yet here is nothing about horse racing in Indy. If anything they should have changed the name to something that has something to do with the Indy 500.

The team also wasn’t moved in the middle of the night.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
I love that we have this reputation and every fan base in the league realizes this except for the pats fans. The fact that we always have been Brady's kryptonite is just one of the charms of being a ravens fan.

Brady's stats in 4 playoff games against the Ravens

Cmp: 107
Att: 182
Cmp%: 58.79
Yds: 1080
TD: 6
INT: 8
Rtg: 68.5
Sk: 6

To give everyone an idea of how well we've done against him in the playoffs, Brady has a total of 31 INTs in 34 playoff games. We have accounted for over a quarter of his playoff INT total in just 4 games. That's insane.

Any Pats fan that doesn't view the Ravens as their biggest threat in the playoffs, aside from maybe the Giants lol, is in denial.

Link to Brady's full playoff stats against the Ravens: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BradTo00/gamelog/?opp_id=rav#stats_playoffs::none

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
So, on Saturday, don't fight it....just give into it!
Actually I'd rather see them put up a fight and force us to keep on pushing our limits. We still have a lot of progresses to make, the more we get to fight the better we'll be come playoff time.

O

OriolesMagicPlease

Actually I'd rather see them put up a fight and force us to keep on pushing our limits. We still have a lot of progresses to make, the more we get to fight the better we'll be come playoff time.

Agreed. I want them up for the Cincy game.