• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: Indianapolis

Truth

Staff Member
Administrator
I hope we don't underestimate them. On paper, it looks like a favorable match up, but we can't look past them.

The Greek

Veteran
with rain expected all day i am hopeful they can run down their throats. i expect west to be activated to the roster

jboy19

Pro Bowler
The Colts run defense has been a lot better than its pass defense. But Bostic being out is pretty significant.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
only because of the rainy weather we may go run heavy and not overwork collins.
I think Buck and Collins can carry the load the way they are playing even if the team has to run the ball 50 times. I think there is a better chance of seeing Adeboyejo suit up to be used on special teams while Moore gets more starting snaps to replace Maclin.

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
I think Buck and Collins can carry the load the way they are playing even if the team has to run the ball 50 times. I think there is a better chance of seeing Adeboyejo suit up to be used on special teams while Moore gets more starting snaps to replace Maclin.
It wouldn't hurt to rest one of them either. We can afford it so why not give Collins a week to get back to 100% and ready for the final push.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
It wouldn't hurt to rest one of them either. We can afford it so why not give Collins a week to get back to 100% and ready for the final push.
I think they should give him some rest as well. That being said, he’s been full go in practice all week.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I'm not sure if we can... People act like this game is going to be a cake walk. 8 of their games this season this far have been decided by 1 score or less. They are a well coached team and could potentially be a trap game. It seems like everyone is already looking towards Cincy but Indianapolis has been a pretty competitive team this season despite their record.

The Greek

Veteran
i would like to see adeboyejo get some snaps. i know it is late in the season as far as him being on the same page as flacco but maclin cannot be trusted to stay healthy and perriman is perriman at this point so him getting reps wouldnt hurt. i am surprised they didnt sign another te like larry donnell to help in the passing game with maxx williams being useless thus far

rossihunter2

Staff Member
only because of the rainy weather we may go run heavy and not overwork collins.

i would like to see adeboyejo get some snaps. i know it is late in the season as far as him being on the same page as flacco but maclin cannot be trusted to stay healthy and perriman is perriman at this point so him getting reps wouldnt hurt. i am surprised they didnt sign another te like larry donnell to help in the passing game with maxx williams being useless thus far

I don’t think Collins and buck are gonna struggle with the workload - it’s not like either of them ever get a huge number of touches in games - I’m not really worried about them being overworked because they haven’t been - and while resting them might be good I also don’t think we can take the colts being awful for granted and it sets a bit of a bad precedent - if we rest Collins why don’t we rest C.J, sizzle, weddle, Stanley etc...

And the other added benefit of adeboyejo is that he’ll be active on game days - in preseason he was the best gunner on the team and I imagine that’s a boost we wouldn’t turn down on special teams if it potentially helps the offence too

And as poor as our tight end group had been receiving im not sure what donnel adds to the group (he didn’t even come close to winning a spot in the offseason) and Boyle and maxx while non existent in the receiving game have done well blocking this year

I know this Indy team has little to do with the ones we've faced in the past, but I can't help but think about the times where we'd heard that they had a run defense well below average and we were expected to just run all over them. Then the reality was they rose to the occasion and stacked the box and we just beat our heads against a wall.

I hope that doesn't repeat itself. I truly hope that we are able to push them off the ball and punish them on the ground, but if they stack the line of scrimmage, we have to take what they give us. If rain is a factor and with Maclin likely out, I expect Watson and Woodhead to play a significant role in the pass game.