• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Colts

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Thank you! I missed this or just forgot about it because Boykin has been out for so long. I guess I appreciate the team understanding his limitations and also understanding his strengths and trying to do something to help maximize him rather than just let him rot because they just keep trying to shove him into a box he doesn't fit into

this is also just speculation on my part because we've not seen any of this in actuality because Boykin missed all of preseason

but i would not be surprised if we see boykin running the seam or running those deep over routes and crossers we often ask andrews (and sometimes oliver) to run

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
this is also just speculation on my part because we've not seen any of this in actuality because Boykin missed all of preseason

but i would not be surprised if we see boykin running the seam or running those deep over routes and crossers we often ask andrews (and sometimes oliver) to run

Would love to see it. I literally can't rationalize the Bell thing. Is he still not in game shape?

Simba

Staff Member
Thank you! I missed this or just forgot about it because Boykin has been out for so long. I guess I appreciate the team understanding his limitations and also understanding his strengths and trying to do something to help maximize him rather than just let him rot because they just keep trying to shove him into a box he doesn't fit into

It makes a lot of sense. He can't win consistently on the outside again tall and fast corners, so try to iso him inside against a S or LB and see if he can win that way. He doesn't use his size well but he's still super fast for his size so there's still some potential to turn him into some sort of weapon even if it's only in certain situations.

Simba

Staff Member
interesting - am assuming it would have to be bynes if that's the case - unless they really are benching queen (which would be shocking) because the other 3 guys all contribute on special teams

Bynes makes the most sense to me. I know they were sending a message to Queen to some extent, but not sure he ever made sense for the 53. Would imagine he's one that will find himself in trouble when needs arise.

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Another fucking night game. Ugh. I have to get up at 5 am. and hopefully its not a close game or I will never sleep.

Come on Lamar , put this game away early so i can sleep during the 4th quarter!

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
it's got to be that... i cant think what else it could be

Ahhh that's actually a little disappointing. I'm gonna channel that disappointment into excitement of Ty'son watching a lot of film and practicing hard to be a better player. Let's see what he can do.

Nurps

MVP
It makes a lot of sense. He can't win consistently on the outside again tall and fast corners, so try to iso him inside against a S or LB and see if he can win that way. He doesn't use his size well but he's still super fast for his size so there's still some potential to turn him into some sort of weapon even if it's only in certain situations.

#ProjectBoykin

UPennChem

Hall of Famer

Makes sense to me!

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
Bynes makes the most sense to me. I know they were sending a message to Queen to some extent, but not sure he ever made sense for the 53. Would imagine he's one that will find himself in trouble when needs arise.
Hell I'll trade a running back like Freeman and a draft pick for an inside linebacker !! It is our weakest link on D right now.