• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Colts

rossihunter2

Staff Member
10 mins until we have to make all the roster moves we'd have to make this week i.e. practice squad elevations and i/r activations

sounds like boykin will be coming off i/r
and because ferguson still on covid list we've got up to 3 ps elevations - which will most likely be Bell and maybe Andre Smith

normally would have assumed Seymour as the other elevation but apparently he's been hurt this week

which would potentially leave us with all WRs activated because both Boykin and Wallace play gunner
would also likely mean we have to activate washington as a backup corner

Last edited:

Simba

Staff Member
Why is Jeff acting like this was the plan all along. 1, even if it was I kinda doubt the Ravens are telling Jeff their offensive strategies. 2, why didn't he report it ages ago. That would be his job. This sounds like nonsense to me

He’s not. Harbaugh literally said this back when camp opened. It’s not new news. Boykin isn’t going to be a traditional TE by any sense but it seems his usage will be more as a matchup guy rather than a pure outside WR, which is how we typically use out athletic TEs. It’s not really news at all but people keep asking.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Nope. Really curious what their line of thinking is with Freeman. Not sure why they feel the need to have him on the roster to take 5 snaps a game and get maybe a touch or 2.

like tyson out-snapped him every week he was active...
and bell out-snapped him the 1 week he was active...

freeman offers very little in terms of explosion and bell's the best pass protector and 3rd down back

and we had a free spot to elevate him with too...

Davesta

Ravens Ring of Honor
Nope. Really curious what their line of thinking is with Freeman. Not sure why they feel the need to have him on the roster to take 5 snaps a game and get maybe a touch or 2.

He from Florida. It’s Lamar’s team. Lamar got a Florida-bias.

Thanks for coming to my TEDtalk.

Simba

Staff Member
Also sounds like Richards is here for ST but also for some insurance at S. Sounds like Elliott and Stone could be game time decision.

Simba

Staff Member
i feel like washington would be preferable but i guess he'd still be inactive because of special teams maybe...

Could be both active. Honestly I kind of consider Washington as a more of a CB based on his preseason usage. He could be the Seymour cover for the week, while Richards is the Elliott and Stone cover.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Could be both active. Honestly I kind of consider Washington as a more of a CB based on his preseason usage. He could be the Seymour cover for the week, while Richards is the Elliott and Stone cover.

the only thing then is im struggling to work out who we deactivate - assumed it would be wallace until i realised seymour was injured and richards isnt a gunner

i guess maybe one of elliott and stone cant go (or maybe neither), stanley's clearly one and maybe we see one of the DL (probably broderick washington) deactivated too but who's number 4...

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
in camp there are often restrictions on some of the personnel and usage things they can report like the year where pat ricard was being used as a fullback (until they finally showed it off in one of the later preseason games)

and how they're not supposed to talk sometimes about which OL are lining up with the 1st team (like in 2020 with Tyre winning the RG starting job)

my guess is with boykin suddenly out that there was no reason to report any of it and we didnt get to see him in preseason at all

Ok I hear you on that. Thanks for the rationalization.

Simba

Staff Member
the only thing then is im struggling to work out who we deactivate - assumed it would be wallace until i realised seymour was injured and richards isnt a gunner

i guess maybe one of elliott and stone cant go (or maybe neither), stanley's clearly one and maybe we see one of the DL (probably broderick washington) deactivated too but who's number 4...

Just reading through Jeff's mentions, he has Stanley, Elliott, Stone, and one of the ILBs. If one of Stone or Elliott are good to go, it'd be Washington.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
He’s not. Harbaugh literally said this back when camp opened. It’s not new news. Boykin isn’t going to be a traditional TE by any sense but it seems his usage will be more as a matchup guy rather than a pure outside WR, which is how we typically use out athletic TEs. It’s not really news at all but people keep asking.

Thank you! I missed this or just forgot about it because Boykin has been out for so long. I guess I appreciate the team understanding his limitations and also understanding his strengths and trying to do something to help maximize him rather than just let him rot because they just keep trying to shove him into a box he doesn't fit into