• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

This Is The XFL.... Reboot!

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Thoughts so far?

I like it. The kickoff rules are interesting and could revive the return game since people aren't charging down on the field. I also liked the 2 min warning rules with the clock stopping and not starting until 5 seconds after ball spotted.

I about died laughing when they pictured Matt Elam as an impact player.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
I have seen pictures of the Kickoff, I think the XFL just saved Kickoffs from going away in the NFL. The way it was done, absolutely brilliant and removes the concern the NFL has with safety when it comes to returns. I'd definitely would like to see this implemented in the NFL next season for sure. It makes kickoff returns relevant again in the NFL, gives the future Devin Hesters and Jacoby Jones new life in the current NFL.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
For those who haven't seen the XFL Kickoff formation:

One of the biggest rule changes in this league has to do with the kickoff. According to the XFL rulebook, the kicker kicks from the 30-yard line and must kick the ball in the air and in play between the opponent's 20-yard line and the end zone. The coverage team lines up on the return side 35-yard line and the return team lines up on the 30-yard line. Each team must have exactly three players outside the hash marks on both sides of the ball and cannot move until the ball is caught by the returner.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
As expected the inside run game in the XFL is dead, so far only option and outside runs have worked. This just shows the strength gap between DL and OL is bigger than in the NFL.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well first upset of the week with Battlhawks over Renegades. How they know which team is better is beyond me lol. I've noticed they like to talk about spreads and over/unders quite a lot so is there a Vegas connection or something?

On a sidenote Jacob Ta'amu was playing and I thought he'd be a good pick at the bottom of our draft. Showed great poise today and ran some rpo's and looked pretty good. Still wouldn't mind bringing him in for a looksee..

Nurps

MVP
The majority of the QB play in this league is pathetic from what Ive witnessed so far. It just makes the games close to unwatchable. That needs to improve if this is gonna get to year 2. The whole game just falls apart if the QB plays like absolute shit.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
The majority of the QB play in this league is pathetic from what Ive witnessed so far. It just makes the games close to unwatchable. That needs to improve if this is gonna get to year 2. The whole game just falls apart if the QB plays like absolute shit.

Yeah if people are betting the under they winning crazy cash. Hopefully the QB play improves as the weeks go on but I still like the game. Maybe its cuz Im in need of a fix.

cdp

Ravens Ring of Honor
But also the level of overall play differs quite across teams. However the league is well run and they came up with great improvements and rule changes.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
But also the level of overall play differs quite across teams. However the league is well run and they came up with great improvements and rule changes.

The kicking rules, the extra points and the 2 minute rules should be looked into by the NFL

RaineV1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I really like the Roughnecks' qb, Walker. He looks like a poor man's Lamar Jackson out there. I think he could be a higher end backup QB in the NFL.

The only thing I don't like is that a lot of these coaches are guys that failed in the NFL (at HC and/or coordinator level). That makes the XFL look kinda inferior. Plus those guys aren't even that good.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
The former home of the Rams, the Dome at America's Center saw close to 30,000 fans in attendance for the St. Louis Battlehawks 29-9 blowout win over the New York Guardians. This game also saw the first kickoff return for a TD this season in the XFL.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/23/nearly-30000-welcome-pro-football-back-to-st-louis/

Just think this is very interesting. So once again almost 30,000 people showed up in St. Louis to watch the Battlehawks defeat the Seattle Dragons. It seems as if the city of St. Louis is determined to show the NFL it was a mistake to move the Rams.

Willbacker

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just think this is very interesting. So once again almost 30,000 people showed up in St. Louis to watch the Battlehawks defeat the Seattle Dragons. It seems as if the city of St. Louis is determined to show the NFL it was a mistake to move the Rams.

The Chargers should move there and just revamp plus they would get a solid fan base for doing so.