• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 5 Discussion: Primetime Overload

JO_75

Hall of Famer
CEH with a bad looking knee injury... the fact he was quickly ruled out tells me it might be a ACL season ending injury.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
rousseau's just so long lol - his length and wingspan are freakish - although collinsworth needs to chill out about him playing nose tackle lol - he didn't play nose tackle he was just reduced inside on some passing downs and did a lot of pass rushing over the centre

but rousseau's been completely proving me wrong through 5 games - been super impactful - not an amazing pure pass rusher yet but he's come on quick as a run defender and he's flashing

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
rousseau's just so long lol - his length and wingspan are freakish - although collinsworth needs to chill out about him playing nose tackle lol - he didn't play nose tackle he was just reduced inside on some passing downs and did a lot of pass rushing over the centre

but rousseau's been completely proving me wrong through 5 games - been super impactful - not an amazing pure pass rusher yet but he's come on quick as a run defender and he's flashing
Tried to tell you he was gonna be a beast LOL.

SepticeyePoe

Hall of Famer
Allen's got to be careful on those runs. He's not gonna last long hurdling defenders like that, smh

rossihunter2

Staff Member
what exactly is that style of defense?

a mix of deep cover 2 and cover 2 man - no blitzing, dropping 7 and forcing them to dink their way downfield - potentially using layered/delayed rushes upfront to stop Mahomes escaping

chargers ran mostly cover 2 man (but tbf they do that more than anyone in the league and it's a staple of staley's defence) - bills tonight look like they ran a ton of cover 2 zone but hard to say for sure without the all-22 and the ravens mixed it up a bit more with some different kinds of coverages and hiding the cover 2 a bit more (had the advantage that we ran that defence without anyone expecting it of us) and introduced the layered rushes and stuff on top of that too

basically philosophically you leave your guys up front to deal with the running game and dare them to dink and dunk you - and try and get pressure with 4

it definitely helps that the chargers have bosa and others
the bills have jerry hughes and just drafted rousseau and basham after drafting epenesa the year before
the ravens have houston and campbell and just drafted oweh

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I been telling my boys for years but sorenson is legit one of the worst starters in the nfl

i dont think anyone really disagrees lol - cant believe collinsworth said he's one of their best defenders on national tv tonight lol - who's he trying to kid

chiefs defence is utterly useless without chris jones right now and even then it's not particularly even average either

Deebo813

Hall of Famer

confirmation of what i was saying above about the coverages used to defeat the chiefs this year...

Tbf fair, bucs actually put the lg on notice.. we didnt play great defense on kc at all, i mean they put up 35 points on us. bills looked much more effective but they also have much better lbs and safeties..

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Mahomes and his passing antics have been “figured out” by the league…

you know what hasn’t been figured out? How to stop Lamar.

Dom McRaven

Hall of Famer
Tbf fair, bucs actually put the lg on notice.. we didnt play great defense on kc at all, i mean they put up 35 points on us. bills looked much more effective but they also have much better lbs and safeties..
28 points sir lol. Minus 7 for the pick 6, but yes, the Bills just have a more complete defense than we do.