• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 16 Discussion (Other Teams)

They are rivals. No way in hell Jacksonville goes easy on the Titans either way.
It appears JAX will not be able to change their seed and when that is the case often times coaches will sit key players. Now usually that involves playing some meaningless game. I'm not sure I've see it when the other teams season is on the line against a division rival.

I think based on that and based on wanting to erase this bad loss JAXll still go all out. Coach will get royal shit if anyone valuable gets hurt. But I just don't know if they can justify handing TN a playoff spot.

Inqui

Pro Bowler
wow dan bailey misses the field goal that the cowboys needed in order for the 2 score game with an onside kick recovery - it was a field goal attempt on first down
I can see why they took the shot. The Seahawks had been giving up easy dink and dunk passes over the middle and the clock was getting burnt. They needed to score twice either way so they thought they'd get one out of the way.

But still. He's no Justin Tucker. ;)

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I can see why they took the shot. The Seahawks had been giving up easy dink and dunk passes over the middle and the clock was getting burnt. They needed to score twice either way so they thought they'd get one out of the way.

But still. He's no Justin Tucker. ;)

i had no problem with the shot but its ridiculous that hes thought of as in tucker's ballpark when he misses kicks like that

Inqui

Pro Bowler
It appears JAX will not be able to change their seed and when that is the case often times coaches will sit key players. Now usually that involves playing some meaningless game. I'm not sure I've see it when the other teams season is on the line against a division rival.

I think based on that and based on wanting to erase this bad loss JAXll still go all out. Coach will get royal shit if anyone valuable gets hurt. But I just don't know if they can justify handing TN a playoff spot.
I remember in 2012 we benched everyone against the Bengals. Granted they'd wrapped up the #6 seed so they benched everyone too, but I don't think we'd have risked anyone even if the Bengals had to win to sneak into the playoffs. The players and coaches only care about doing what's best for them - denying division rivals is a fan concern. Like you say I think the Jags would be more likely to regret losing a starter to injury than losing a dead rubber just because it's the Titans.

Which is a pain for us because we have a better conference record than the Bills and Chargers, so if the Titans lose there's no way for us to not get the #5 seed. But I'm trying to compute the three-way ties with the Titans involved (that shit's complicated...) and I suspect the reason we haven't clinched a playoff spot yet is because of a scenario like that.