• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Week 16 Edition

K-Dog

MVP
Good: Considering the time span and volume of rain, that field really looked good.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
A win counts as a win in the standings. It doesn’t have to be pretty.

No they don't! BUT, to me it has always been about "how" a team won. The "how" for me is more about the team's performance or execution in that game that they won and "how" that may measure up to upcoming opponents who have consistently performed or executed better than the Ravens throughout the season.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
No they don't! BUT, to me it has always been about "how" a team won. The "how" for me is more about the team's performance or execution in that game that they won and "how" that may measure up to upcoming opponents who have consistently performed or executed better than the Ravens throughout the season.
Doesn’t always mean much. Look how many of the Steelers wins were this season. We played Indy better than they did.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
Doesn’t always mean much. Look how many of the Steelers wins were this season. We played Indy better than they did.

People always say that but the reality is that ugliness can and oftentimes does catch up with a team eventually. While I always appreciate a "W" I'm one that wants my team to be and perform the best that they can and to look good while doing it.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
People always say that but the reality is that ugliness can and oftentimes does catch up with a team eventually. While I always appreciate a "W" I'm one that wants my team to be and perform the best that they can and to look good while doing it.
Couldn't agree more! We can spin ugly and close wins as making us strong, but the reality is we aren't performing well enough to beat bad teams easily. It makes me uneasy when they spin such wins as giving them experience to win such games. BS.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
The good: ZDS, Camp, Humphrey, Judon and to some extent Moore, Henry and Maxx.

The bad: Marty trying to be too smart with the play call, especially in the red zone.
Even though Marty got cute with some of his plays, for the most part he called a good game

Tank

Hall of Famer
The good: ZDS, Camp, Humphrey, Judon and to some extent Moore, Henry and Maxx.

The bad: Marty trying to be too smart with the play call, especially in the red zone.
I think the screen to Boyle could have worked better, but the one DB sniffed it out and Watson completely whiffed on his block.

RL52TheGreatest

Ravens Ring of Honor
- Our pass rush needs to get better if we expect to beat the Bengals and do anything in the playoffs. Two sacks against the worst O-line in the league isn't encouraging.

- There was a Maxx Williams sighting! If they could make him a bigger part of the offense, going forward, then he could potentially cause some problems.

- Flacco continues to play well. He's playing his best football since '14 which is why we're still on track to make the playoffs for the first time since '14. Time will tell if "January Joe" still exists or not, but he's playing winning football.

- If our D isn't forcing turnovers then it looks very average. Mosley and Weddle both had picks right in their hands that they dropped which could have alleviated some of the nail-biting at the end.

Ellicottraven

Ravens Ring of Honor
- Our pass rush needs to get better if we expect to beat the Bengals and do anything in the playoffs. Two sacks against the worst O-line in the league isn't encouraging.

- There was a Maxx Williams sighting! If they could make him a bigger part of the offense, going forward, then he could potentially cause some problems.

- Flacco continues to play well. He's playing his best football since '14 which is why we're still on track to make the playoffs for the first time since '14. Time will tell if "January Joe" still exists or not, but he's playing winning football.

- If our D isn't forcing turnovers then it looks very average. Mosley and Weddle both had picks right in their hands that they dropped which could have alleviated some of the nail-biting at the end.
If we had converted on all those turnover (INT) opportunities, this game would've been a blow out in the Ravens favor considering how well Flacco's been playing.