• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly: Week 16 Edition

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Game over. Ravens win with no major injuries. On to next week.

I’m worried jaylen Hill is done
If he is he’s had awful luck with injuries this year - he had a real chance to grab that slot corner role but got injured and then only had a week working back into the side before canady took the job and now he’s rarely active and plays no snaps on defence and now he might be done - bit of a tough season for him personally I imagine

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
Thanks for the reply lol - I’ll be honest I didn’t really notice the outside corners except when they were really obviously beat because I spent so much of my attention on the LoS trying to decipher why we were getting beaten up up front
Off the top of my head, I definitely remember two throws his way (one completed) and there were probably a few more throughout the game. The corners as a whole held up incredibly well.

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
Good, bad or ugly?
f6d6ab21-99cb-4a4a-9273-c2a29c31601c.jpg

Good: Joe was pretty good today, even under pressure he delivered? Was it great? Not by any means but I don't think he could have done a lot with the lack of talent around him. I believe there was literally a play when the Colts rushed 2 and forced Joe out of the pocket... Young guys made plays when we badly needed it, offense moved the ball in a pivotal moment of the game and got a TD.

The Bad: A pretty discouraging but somewhat fluke game by the defense. Four dropped INTs by the defense is what I counted. I think Weddle and Mosley dropped INTs that literally hit their hands. I think the weather definitely had an effect on it, I have to think the in better conditions we would come away with those.

That said, the DL was a disappointment. Pierce was getting blocked 1v1, and BW had trouble keeping contain. Until the last minute of the game Castanzo was taking Suggs out of plays in terms of pass rush in many instances by himself. ZD had a clutch sack though it was a give me, however he showed that the biggest issue with his game is his inability to finish and that was on display. Jefferson needs to cover the deep sideline better because TY and others took full advantage of that. Tony had an up and down day as a whole, I just think we need consistency from him. I also want to point out that Weddle has regressed in a big way against the run. He still takes bad angles and miss tackles. I think a big reason why his PFF grade isn't up there with the top safeties is simply because of his regression against the run.

I just hope this team is prepared when they play a team who has the same personnel strengths (EXP KC) but on another level.

One thing I had worried about s bit and maybe it played a role in today's game being so tight but we were on short rest and they had 10 days between games.

Lots of teams have had close calls against Indy, including PIT. In the end we gutted out a desperately needed win.

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
If there were a way to get Perriman turned around, this offense might be dangerous. There has to be a sustainable threat that we might get deep. I wonder if a light might go on for him that he could at least be a Torrey Smith type threat. He most certainly has enough straight line speed.

Adreme

Ravens Ring of Honor
If there were a way to get Perriman turned around, this offense might be dangerous. There has to be a sustainable threat that we might get deep. I wonder if a light might go on for him that he could at least be a Torrey Smith type threat. He most certainly has enough straight line speed.

All we need for that is for Perriman to lose the ball for 75% of the time it's in the air make a massive readjustment at the last second drawing a PI penalty and you will have perfectly replaced Torrie.

Last edited:

cobrajet

Hall of Famer
One thing I had worried about s bit and maybe it played a role in today's game being so tight but we were on short rest and they had 10 days between games.

Lots of teams have had close calls against Indy, including PIT. In the end we gutted out a desperately needed win.
That is a good point and we should have the advantage in that area next week against the Bengals

Last edited:

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
All we need for that is for Perriman to lose the ball for 75% of the time it's in the air make a masdive readjustment at the last second drawing a PI penalty and you will have perfectly replaced Torrie.
Yeah, this’s underthrown PI penalties were great playcalls

Edgar

Ravens Ring of Honor
All we need for that is for Perriman to lose the ball for 75% of the time it's in the air make a masdive readjustment at the last second drawing a PI penalty and you will have perfectly replaced Torrie.
Teams were more than a little concerned he would get behind them .