• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Next Up: vs Bengals

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Won't be able to see the game live so I'll tape the game and watch it when I come home. I do believe we will win, but it won't be a runaway.

JO_75

Hall of Famer
Won't be able to see the game live so I'll tape the game and watch it when I come home. I do believe we will win, but it won't be a runaway.

Well we all thought that today against the Chargers but we held our own. I think Elliott being back for our secondary made the difference, he and Clark are an awesome safety duo. We just have to hold Chase in check the way we held Mike Williams in check and keep running the ball and limit how much Burrow is on the field.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
THIS IS AN IMPORTANT GAME.

1) Divisional game against the number 2 team in the division
2) This is our last game before the bye

It would be huge to go into the bye 6-1 with a good gap in the division. I am not one to get ahead of myself, I try not to look to far into the future, but you'd have to think that we should be able to win the game after the bye. It's against the Vikings who aren't great at all, its at home, and we're really good after the bye historically. Then add in that we are going to probably have Sammy and and Boyle back, maybe Wolfe. That would put us 7-1 going into a road game against the Dolphins.

I feel like going into the bye on a six win streak asserting ourselves atop the division is going to be so much better than 5-2 and in second place to the Bengals.

ndub

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well we all thought that today against the Chargers but we held our own. I think Elliott being back for our secondary made the difference, he and Clark are an awesome safety duo. We just have to hold Chase in check the way we held Mike Williams in check and keep running the ball and limit how much Burrow is on the field.

Not we all… I thought we would win by at least 2 TDs.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
They’re not Denver but they’ve also beaten only one decent team, the Vikings. I was at that game, they probably should of lost but their defense made the play to strip Cook. They start slow on offense and Burrow can still make mistakes when pressured. They should of lost more to GB but Crosby missed 4 field goals.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Their defense is good, but they haven’t seen Lamar yet, and they’re more weak against the run. Too bad our running backs are trash tho

Grim

Ravens Ring of Honor
Chase, Boyd, Higgins kind of scares me because one of those guys will be going up against Averett who hasn't seemed to do well in zone although I feel we can press them well enough with what we have. Outside of that, the Bengals aren't super scary but you can never look over a divisional opponent regardless of their record.

UPennChem

Hall of Famer
Mixon is my biggest worry, he might fuck around and have the best day of his career.

Lol I agree with you, but the number of times you prognosticate that someone is gonna fuck around and have the best day of their career against us makes me smile hahaha

ravenslord

Ravens Ring of Honor
So Harbaugh is talking right now and it sounds to me like Ronnie not coming back. All John said is they are close to a resolution of his status.

That don't sound good. Ugh. I think they are going to shut him down.

Corvus Purpura

Practice Squad

Should help motivate the team

He was in the midst of praising Lamar but, yeah, he definitely said the wrong thing.
I looked at a Bengals forum, expecting to see the usual crap about Lamar, but they've clearly been whipped too much by "Houdini." Didn't see any of the usual "just contain him and make him throw" dumbass comments.

And, yet again, looks like our game is the premiere game of the week with 4-2 vs 5-1.