• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Have Fun With This One

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
All around better are you kidding? You can't be serious to think that the defense was better back then. Sure Pitta was playing good ball and Anquan was playing good ball, but Rice wasn't playing his best ball. I think the way that Collins and Buck are running the ball right now are better than Rice and Pierce were back then. The offense is heating up putting up a ton of points, top 5 in the league since the bye week. They are showing more than the team in 2012 was before they went to the playoffs and won the super bowl. Whos to say that Maclin, Wallace, or Watson won't heat up as well?

It is your opinion but these were the same opinions that year and yeah the chances are stacked against this team but New England has a bottom 5 defense and the Steelers defense is really struggling, as well as Antonio Brown's injury clouds their playoff hopes. This team can beat anyone right now.
So why can our offense be heating up but steelers defense cant be heating up? New England isnt giving up many points. I think theyre around top 10 in points allowed. buck allen? lol he is in no way a good running back. Reality will set in once we play a worthy team! Imo, it shouldnt take for us to lose in order for some of us to know how flawed our team is

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
We played 4 games against teams who are in the play offs and lost all 4.

The offense had 7 turnover combined and our defense only had 2 turnovers.
Take out the Vikings game and our defense only forced 1 TO in 2 games against the steelers and 1 against the Jags.

Small sample size but we are not forcing TO against quality teams nor are we mistake free against those same teams.
Amen!!!

Tru11

Practice Squad
All around better are you kidding? You can't be serious to think that the defense was better back then. Sure Pitta was playing good ball and Anquan was playing good ball, but Rice wasn't playing his best ball. I think the way that Collins and Buck are running the ball right now are better than Rice and Pierce were back then. The offense is heating up putting up a ton of points, top 5 in the league since the bye week. They are showing more than the team in 2012 was before they went to the playoffs and won the super bowl. Whos to say that Maclin, Wallace, or Watson won't heat up as well?

It is your opinion but these were the same opinions that year and yeah the chances are stacked against this team but New England has a bottom 5 defense and the Steelers defense is really struggling, as well as Antonio Brown's injury clouds their playoff hopes. This team can beat anyone right now.

ray rice was collins , buck and woodhead combined into 1 player .

Tru11

Practice Squad
Yeah Ray Rice is a great player but that year was far from his best year was what I was getting at.

2013 was far from his best year.

2012 he was still a pro bowl caliber player.
he was still 1 of the top running/receiving backs.

only spiller and martin where better doing both .

Sooky

Pro Bowler
2013 was far from his best year.

2012 he was still a pro bowl caliber player.
he was still 1 of the top running/receiving backs.

only spiller and martin where better doing both .
Ray Rice was only getting 3.6 yards a carry in the playoffs. I'm a huge Ray Rice fan and supporter and think he was the best running back this team has had don't get me wrong. But the way Allen and Collins are playing may not be as pretty but they are consistently getting those 5-6 yards run the team needs.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
do we have a chance at SB? Nope, but i can see us getting pass wildcard depening on who we play
We absolutely have a chance, it’s every given Sunday and upsets happen every day in the NFL or any sport for that matter. If there was no chance, then why even play the game. We will play KC as the 5 seed and the Jags as the 6 seed.

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
Did you think the Giants had a shot? Either time.
With Coughlin as head coach vs the Pats, I can say I always thought they stranded a chance. If you remember the last game of the undefeated season, the Pats played the Giants. The Giants had a 10 point lead in the 4th qtr and lost the game. The Giants, under Coughlin, and the Ravens always play the Pats well.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
There is not a single team in the AFC that scares me if the Ravens are on their game.

I'm terrified of Pitt. Look at what they did to our defense without JuJu. Marlon can only cover so many people. As long as AB comes back this season, I really don't feel good about playing that offense.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
I'm terrified of Pitt. Look at what they did to our defense without JuJu. Marlon can only cover so many people. As long as AB comes back this season, I really don't feel good about playing that offense.
I think with a healthier CJ Mosley the team will be able to shut down Bell a little better and focus more on the pass defense. I am hoping they only struggled as much as they did because it was the first game without Jimmy Smith and they have to fix a few things up. But also look at Pitts' defense that is struggling without Shazier. Just treat this team like you do the Pats. Run the ball a lot to control the clock and use your special teams to pin them deep in their own territory. Luckily for the Ravens they excel in those aspects.

JAAM

Hall of Famer
I think with a healthier CJ Mosley the team will be able to shut down Bell a little better and focus more on the pass defense. I am hoping they only struggled as much as they did because it was the first game without Jimmy Smith and they have to fix a few things up. But also look at Pitts' defense that is struggling without Shazier. Just treat this team like you do the Pats. Run the ball a lot to control the clock and use your special teams to pin them deep in their own territory. Luckily for the Ravens they excel in those aspects.
True. Hopefully our coordinators go all out in the playoffs to protect their jobs and double AB this time around and run the clock out with Collins if we have a two possession league in the 4th. I really don't want to lose to Pitt for a third time.

29BmoreBird22

Staff Member
Writer
We played 4 games against teams who are in the play offs and lost all 4.

The offense had 7 turnover combined and our defense only had 2 turnovers.
Take out the Vikings game and our defense only forced 1 TO in 2 games against the steelers and 1 against the Jags.

Small sample size but we are not forcing TO against quality teams nor are we mistake free against those same teams.
Sure, but this team now verse what we saw in the early season is night and day. I don't care what happened in weeks three, four, six.

And no, we cannot just take out a game to fit an argument.

Sooky

Pro Bowler
True. Hopefully our coordinators go all out in the playoffs to protect their jobs and double AB this time around and run the clock out with Collins if we have a two possession league in the 4th. I really don't want to lose to Pitt for a third time.
I agree with this I am tired of losing at the very end to Pitt. It stings even more knowing that should've easily been a Ravens win.

Tru11

Practice Squad
Sure, but this team now verse what we saw in the early season is night and day. I don't care what happened in weeks three, four, six.

And no, we cannot just take out a game to fit an argument.

my argument is made with or without that game.
7 turnovers against 2 takeaways in 4 games against play off teams is not exactly breeding confidence.

heck the latest game was in week 14 against the steelers we had 1 TO and 0 Takeaways.

on top of this the defense is actually weaker now with the loss of jimmy.

yeah our offense improved but our defense got weaker, so im not quite sure there has been an improvement after all.

Deebo813

Hall of Famer
We absolutely have a chance, it’s every given Sunday and upsets happen every day in the NFL or any sport for that matter. If there was no chance, then why even play the game. We will play KC as the 5 seed and the Jags as the 6 seed.
id be surprised if we even score a Td on offense vs the jags

Tru11

Practice Squad
Ray Rice was only getting 3.6 yards a carry in the playoffs. I'm a huge Ray Rice fan and supporter and think he was the best running back this team has had don't get me wrong. But the way Allen and Collins are playing may not be as pretty but they are consistently getting those 5-6 yards run the team needs.

seems pretty weird to compare what rice did in the play offs to what allen and collins are during in the regular season.

comparing regular season vs regular or play offs vs play offs makes more sense....

at this point we have no idea how allen and collins will do in the play offs.

Tru11

Practice Squad

i actually hope brown cant play if we make it that far.

otherwise we gonna have a hard time covering juju, bryant, jesse/mcdonald and bell....

unless we decide to use bowser to cover any of the TE or the rb.