• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar didn't get Mekari Hurt - when is he coming back

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just another indecisive and bone headed play from Lamar, it's these types of games that make me doubt he can win us a super bowl, when a defense can make him hesitant. But for real, he got Mekari hurt on that play, Lamar needs to take the flat routes more when they are there.

I'll still believe, it took Flacco 5 years, Lamar gives this weak, banged up team a punchers chance in the playoffs, but we're asking him to carry us in a major way. Looking like a high ankle sprain for Mekari, not good. You can't win every week, but god damn. Hopefully they all get better during the bye week.

I just lose faith in these games where our only way to victory is Lamar making a superstar running play. We need to develop the short passing offense now. Unfortunately Lamar is our best RB by far this year, I want to see a trade for Mack.

Last edited:

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Huh? Lamar didn't run into Mekari's ankle.
He hopped backwards into the line of scrimmage and fell into him and collapsed the line back into him, instead of just throwing it away. It was on Lamar and the Bengals guy for being a little dirty, but he doesn't get the chance to be dirty if Lamar just throws it away before getting himself and his lineman hit.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
He hopped backwards into the line of scrimmage and fell into him and collapsed the line back into him, instead of just throwing it away. It was on Lamar and the Bengals guy for being a little dirty, but he doesn't get the chance to be dirty if Lamar just throws it away before getting himself and his lineman hit.

you know what would be a great idea?

why dont we just get lamar to kneel down on every play... that way we'll never risk an injury and get out of the season healthy?

getting rolled up on happens all the time in the NFL - we've been unfortunate that it's happened more this year to us than any other year i can remember but that's how it goes sometimes...

BoredMarine13

Ravens Ring of Honor
Just another indecisive and bone headed play from Lamar, it's these types of games that make me doubt he can win us a super bowl, when a defense can make him hesitant. But for real, he got Mekari hurt on that play, Lamar needs to take the flat routes more when they are there.

I'll still believe, it took Flacco 5 years, Lamar gives this weak, banged up team a punchers chance in the playoffs, but we're asking him to carry us in a major way. Looking like a high ankle sprain for Mekari, not good. You can't win every week, but god damn. Hopefully they all get better during the bye week.

I just lose faith in these games where our only way to victory is Lamar making a superstar running play. We need to develop the short passing offense now. Unfortunately Lamar is our best RB by far this year, I want to see a trade for Mack.

O boy lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
Or maybe it’s football and scrums happen on every single play and guys get rolled up sometimes

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
That was avoidable. People used to crucify Flacco for some mental errors he would make around here.
Well flacco would make a mental error and then go to the sideline and not give a fuck and sulk by himself, then go out and make the same error again.

and in a close divisional game that is gonna decide the afc north lead for now, you want Lamar to not do what he does best and extend plays? What exactly is it that you want? The OL isn’t holding up, the run game isnt working, receivers aren’t uncovering fast enough, and you’re complaining because you want Lamar to just throw it away? Get a grip dude.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Well flacco would make a mental error and then go to the sideline and not give a fuck and sulk by himself, then go out and make the same error again.

and in a close divisional game that is gonna decide the afc north lead for now, you want Lamar to not do what he does best and extend plays? What exactly is it that you want? The OL isn’t holding up, the run game isnt working, receivers aren’t uncovering fast enough, and you’re complaining because you want Lamar to just throw it away? Get a grip dude.

I thought you were a Flacco world order member, yet you use one of the unfair quips people had about him. Do not mistake his exterior personality traits for apathy.

He wasn't trying to extend the play, he was trying to get back to the line of scrimmage and go down to avoid negative yards, he could of thrown it away instead. Doesn't sound like I'm the one that needs to get a grip.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
That was avoidable. People used to crucify Flacco for some mental errors he would make around here.

what was the mental error on the mekari injury?
because i see him turn down the play in the flat because the EDGE gets in the lane and then try and salvage the play...

only maybe other option is the improvisational checkdown to ricard who's basically at the line of scrimmage - so he tries to get some yards out of the play...

why throw the ball away when you could potentially get us a few yards in a close game and stay at reasonable down and distance

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
what was the mental error on the mekari injury?
because i see him turn down the play in the flat because the EDGE gets in the lane and then try and salvage the play...

only maybe other option is the improvisational checkdown to ricard who's basically at the line of scrimmage - so he tries to get some yards out of the play...

why throw the ball away when you could potentially get us a few yards in a close game and stay at reasonable down and distance
Roll out and throw it away, or don't move backwards right into the line.

I just watched the play again, he panicked early and ran into a sack. Andrews was wide open!

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Roll out and throw it away, or don't move backwards right into the line.

I just watched the play again, he panicked early and ran into a sack. Andrews was wide open!

i also just re-watched the play

throwing lane to andrews was blocked by the edge right in front of him
nowhere to roll out to - only option was to either dump it off to Ricard at the LoS or try and pick up mekari's block and run - defence did well to contain and mekari unfortunately gets rolled up on by the collision behind him

absolutely no way there's a legit throwaway option there

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
i also just re-watched the play

throwing lane to andrews was blocked by the edge right in front of him
nowhere to roll out to - only option was to either dump it off to Ricard at the LoS or try and pick up mekari's block and run - defence did well to contain and mekari unfortunately gets rolled up on by the collision behind him

absolutely no way there's a legit throwaway option there
I think he could of thrown it over the lineman, or tried to move in the pocket to find the lane.

Maybe something we can agree on tho, the Bengals player did an extra shove after the play was basically over and that was what we really did the injury.

JoeyFlex5

Hall of Famer
I think he could of thrown it over the lineman, or tried to move in the pocket to find the lane.

Maybe something we can agree on tho, the Bengals player did an extra shove after the play was basically over and that was what we really did the injury.
Throw it over the lineman and into traffic then you risk a turnover. Lamar did nothing wrong on that play other than try to make yet another play to carry this team lol and mekari just rolled up and it’s unfortunate

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Throw it over the lineman and into traffic then you risk a turnover. Lamar did nothing wrong on that play other than try to make yet another play to carry this team lol and mekari just rolled up and it’s unfortunate
Could have throw it away as well. He wouldn’t be throwing into traffic, no one was near Andrews

From the people who brought you "Ronnie Stanley was a bad pick because he got injured" it's "Constantly pressured QB should take the blame for OL roll-up injury".

I'm excited to see the conclusion of the wacky take trilogy!

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
From the people who brought you "Ronnie Stanley was a bad pick because he got injured" it's "Constantly pressured QB should take the blame for OL roll-up injury".

I'm excited to see the conclusion of the wacky take trilogy!
You guys can be stubborn if you want, Andrews was open , and Lamar ran right into Mekari on this play. The Bengals player also shoved him after the play too.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Looks to me like if Mekari were actually blocking on the play and pushing his man backwards, instead of standing still and hand fighting, then he wouldn't have been near Lamar when he was tackled.