• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Lamar didn't get Mekari Hurt - when is he coming back

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
I looked at it objectively. I still don't really know what Mekari was doing, so I'm not sure I should be blaming somebody else for his injury.

I just blame football, mostly.

i mean you seem to be the only person who isnt looking at it objectively at this point

this reminds me a lot of that "boykin was open" video that someone made last year to prove that lamar just wasnt seeing him or something...

Mekari was in the scrum. Andrews was open, I’ve seen countless open flats hit where you throw the ball over or around a defender in the flat, alternatively, Lamar could of scrambled away from the scrum to avoid a huge pile up. Or the ball could have been thrown away.

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Mekari was in the scrum. Andrews was open, I’ve seen countless open flats hit where you throw the ball over or around a defender in the flat, alternatively, Lamar could of scrambled away from the scrum to avoid a huge pile up. Or the ball could have been thrown away.
Right, but he was in the scrum because he wasn't aggressively blocking. He was hand fighting with a guy who was involved in the play and pushing him back into the scrum.

I don't deny that Lamar could have made a better play on this play, but there's no question Mekari could have been doing more and also put himself in a position to not get hurt also.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor
Right, but he was in the scrum because he wasn't aggressively blocking. He was hand fighting with a guy who was involved in the play and pushing him back into the scrum.

I don't deny that Lamar could have made a better play on this play, but there's no question Mekari could have been doing more and also put himself in a position to not get hurt also.
Ok fair. At least we'll get him back before the playoffs, if we make it there (we should).

rossihunter2

Staff Member
ok, how long is Mekari out. We need him back fast

unsure - the fact he's not on i/r is a positive but also those types of injuries can also take like 6 weeks too

basically we're looking at anything from 2 and a half to 7 weeks recovery for a high-ankle sprain normally - lots of range of recovery there

we're 2 weeks post-injury already so we'll just have to wait and see on any information the coaching staff give us (if any) from here on out for clues - but it could be any time from now to like week 14 or something like that...

RavensMania

Staff Member
Administrator
unsure - the fact he's not on i/r is a positive but also those types of injuries can also take like 6 weeks too

basically we're looking at anything from 2 and a half to 7 weeks recovery for a high-ankle sprain normally - lots of range of recovery there

we're 2 weeks post-injury already so we'll just have to wait and see on any information the coaching staff give us (if any) from here on out for clues - but it could be any time from now to like week 14 or something like that...
well lets hope it's sooner rather than later. In the meantime we need OL 6 (Boyle) to get back to the team also.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
Just want to point out (just in case there was any life left in this thread’s initial idea)

that Lamar got picked for throwing that screen with a guy in the throwing lane literally yesterday... that’s why he doesn’t throw it to Andrews on the mekari injury play

redrum52

Hall of Famer
Just want to point out (just in case there was any life left in this thread’s initial idea)

that Lamar got picked for throwing that screen with a guy in the throwing lane literally yesterday... that’s why he doesn’t throw it to Andrews on the mekari injury play

Was thinking this exactly as I watch Fields get picked doing the same thing.

OURavensFan

Ravens Ring of Honor

He was a lot closer than the defender in the original play for this thread, but that was a great play. But the thought did occur to me as I watched it