• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Bowl Season Prospects

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I havent really had a chance to watch many bowl games yet but as it gears up im sure ill have a lot of questions about the viability of certain players etc.

so from here on id be interested to know who's watching out for who and in specific games

with that said im watching so miss vs florida state and ito smith looks like a potential player at rb - ripped off a nice run and then also with the catching out of the backfield...

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
I havent really had a chance to watch many bowl games yet but as it gears up im sure ill have a lot of questions about the viability of certain players etc.

so from here on id be interested to know who's watching out for who and in specific games

with that said im watching so miss vs florida state and ito smith looks like a potential player at rb - ripped off a nice run and then also with the catching out of the backfield...
If the work doesn't get in a way, I'll watch CB Josh Jackson and LB Josey Jewell, both Iowa.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
well this So miss dline and FSU oline arent gonna get much of a look from me - the number of procedural penalties in this game is absurd

2 missed PATs out of 3 attempts so far too - this game is messy

i think the Iowa BC game might definitely be the better game to watch lol

Jacquouille

Ravens Ring of Honor
Supporter
3TDs for Tate. One of them textbook "go up and get it" on a 50/50 ball. For a team lacking a RZ presence he should be on the radar.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
james washington just ran a beautiful deep post route and got himself wide open - mason rudolph either thought he was running a come back or just badly missed the throw (either way rudolph made the wrong decision because washington got himself wide open despite being kind of double covered) - he has 3 targets 1 reception 0 yards but that was a beautiful route that went completely unrewarded there

as a side note a lot of the lower level potential hyped qbs ive seen so far have been let downs - think drew lock (dude better stay in school and even then i might not draft him next year either), mason rudolph has been most unimpressive so far here too

rossihunter2

Staff Member
nice grab by marcell ateman - broadcast didnt show the route really but he located the ball really nicely in the air
earlier on in the drive though he helped out his qb really well on a pressure and came back towards the ball and got a first down and got out of bounds in a 2 minute drill

rossihunter2

Staff Member
rudolph is growing into this game nicely - he's showing some some decent mechanics and footwork - he's reading the field ok too
this guy's draft position will 100% rest on if a team sees him as a potential viable starter - he looks like maybe a good fit for the jags - at the moment his ceiling to me looks like a high end backup but im not gonna rule him out from starting - senior bowl will make or break his grade for me i think

allblackraven

Hall of Famer
james washington is really clean when he's breaking his routes - and rudolph just threw his 2nd really nice and accurate deep ball today - helped a lot by his receivers (ateman and washington) getting wide open but he's hitting them in stride really well
He's going early. Will be second WR off the board.