• Welcome to PurpleFlock! Be sure to sign up here so that you can chat with your fellow Ravens fans.

Week 9 Minnesota Vikings @ Baltimore Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossihunter2

Staff Member
I agree with this. Lamar and Hollywood are just clutch and have that “go make plays because plays need making” gene, it’s intangible but it’s real and noticeable.

it's also why their chemistry (and mark andrews too) is so important to this offence - and even moreso if we're gonna have to run more and more max protection with only 2 man routes - guys are gonna have to scramble and extend their routes

but hollywood was killing on those comebacks and curls today - one of the biggest things too this year has been that YAC (which I think he said himself that Tee Martin especially was helping him find those opportunities and that extra YAC)

rmcjacket23

Ravens Ring of Honor
Yes, and the offense responded with a 6 min TD drive, the defense forces a 3 & out and the offense had a 10 minute TD drive. The Vikings only had 3 possessions in the 2nd half with a TD on the final possession. The defenses forced 2 punts but were aided by the offense by being kept on the sideline for a total of 20 minutes which is just massive. That's why the Vikings were gassed.

I'll give credit to the stop in OT, that was huge but there's a legit cause for concern with this defense, they were already one of the worst pass Ds in the league but now the run D is a legit concern. A 66 yard after big plays allowed vs the Bengals on the ground as well. The run defense was at least where they will pretty solid at, but if that begins to become a problem for them then this unit is in serious trouble, especially with the loss of Elliott.
The biggest issue with the defense is that they're giving up a TON of big plays. Like 40-50 yard + plays. I believe they're up to like 9-10 plays like that on the season, which is like triple what they would normally give up in a full season.

The tackling was generally better yesterday, and they did play really solid from about second quarter through late 4th quarter, but they've got to find a way to limit the big plays.

Part of me thinks that they should borderline almost become a Cover 2 team that just gives up a ton underneath but never gets beat deep. The problem is we don't have the pass rush unit to get pressure with 4 consistently enough for that to pay off. Basically, we're playing mostly the same Wink scheme as normal, with deceptive blitzes and a lot of man coverage. And those blitzes aren't getting home as much as they used to, and we are losing a lot of our man coverage battles.

Militant X 1

Ravens Ring of Honor
I just want to know the minimum number of times Mili has to scream “PATHETIC” for us to win. There’s a formula there somewhere.

There has to be Nurps! :lol:

Cause, it seems like we finally get with the program and start balling with a sense of urgency to pull these tough and tight games out. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.